Return - good time?

My son and I were thinking of return for retail. I haven’t played retail since lvl 80 properly. Are all classes good? Are tanks still always in demand? What’s the easiest class to play (for my son)

All classes are relatively good, tanks are still in demand.

And to avoid another DH debate I’m gonna say paladin(can’t go wrong there) it’s fun, great lore and pretty forgiving.

6 Likes

BM hunter isn’t too complicated and performs reasonably well across the board in content.

5 Likes

Can confirm this gentleman statement

Class balance is perfectly fine outside of world-top content and high-end PVP. I’m just going to assume you don’t care about world-top content and high-end PVP.

Tanks are still very much in demand and will grant you instant-invites across all content with a much lower experience-threshold when pugging. Same goes for healers. People sometimes close an eye on that role. In terms of guilds, finding a raiding guild as a tank is as difficult as it has always been and will require a bit of searching because same as in WOTLK those tank spots are sacred and are never given up. :slight_smile: but it’s not impossible to find one.

Easy classes (own opinion): Beast Master, Havoc DH, Fury Warrior - Also they all 3 perform extremely well with Beast Master and Demon Hunter being part of the M+ META in this patch.

Most loved tank specs from what I see are Warriors and Monks in M+, Monks and Death Knights in Raids.

2 Likes

BM hunter can afk (literally afk) with pets attacking only and still do dps.

DH is another class easy to play, paladin is also very easy.

I was under the impression it’s the other way around? Tanks being the scapegoats of any group (unless you can blame the healer). As a DPS it doesn’t really matter what you do for most of the game. Especially true in <120 content where people want to run through on light speed.

Dh and paladin are literally brainless for general purpose but dps paladin falls short in M+ if you’re looking for high end progression

paladin, DK are very good on the self healing but take more dmg than warriors, warriors are top at mitigation but require a healer for sustain

this expantion only played plates, my leather tanks are dusting so cant really give feedback

1 Like

Except the method retri paladin timed plus 23
Generally retri is amazing for m+, yet not very popular

2 Likes

Paladins can perform in keys:-

2 Likes

Play Death Hunter and enjoy the game.

Don’t waste your time to learn mechanics and such things… just spam the keyboard and enjoy the moment

1 Like

If you liked WotLK, you probably won’t like BfA. Especially the changes to the classes. Oh and if you used to main a Ret, well it’s gone.

2 Likes

Sadly, due to the massive horde bias blizzard has, the Alliance is extremely low on numbers.

Coupled with blizzard giving the horde overpowered racial powers to make up for their hideous races, it caused the competitive players to switch horde.

Is there longer queues for horde in battlegrounds ?

Take care about the meta, because if you pick the wrong class even if you are doing something that is not “Top Content” or “World First”, people will cancel you because your class is bad in raids or in mythic +. I can’t say the amount of time I got canceled in M+ because I’m not a Rogue with mass stealth in previous season. Spending time in Zuldazar doing nothing was my WoW journey at some point in S2, canceled in every key because of meta. Sure, if you really play casually, It doesn’t really impact your game, but at some point if you want to go higher and play at medium level, you’ll really feel bad to choose something that is not supported by others players.

And avoid DH, there’s to many DH. Every new players make a DH because it’s nobrainer.

Ha! ALWAYS. As for easiest class for your son, I’d say Hunter as Beastmaster is pretty self explanatory, and I always play it when I wanna chill and play something that isn’t brain-taxing.

1 Like

My son has been playing a druid so far and hunter. He has got the druid to lvl 18 and started a few dungeons ( he is only 8 ) managed to complete them so that’s a positive :slight_smile:

What are the best tanking classes atm? I hear warriors are good dps, are they still good tanks also?

Currently one of the stronger specs. Warrior tank is great at the moment. :slight_smile:

How is pvp at the moment ? Fun ? Gear dependant?