Returning abilitys Shadowlands

Heres a list of Shaman abilitys that I would like to see make a comeback in the recently announced expansion Shadowlands. This list of spells are mostly from a pvp point of view.

• Unleashed Elements

Focuses the elemental force imbued in the Shaman’s weaponry, with the concentrated effects depending on the enchantment unleashed.

See individual weapon imbue spell tooltips for details regarding the effects of unleashing each.

This was such a fun spell to press and made our dps/healing rotation more challenging being able to press this spell at the correct moment to cast a bigger heal (resto) or do more damage as (ele/enhan).
Unleashed elements was also dispellable so there was a counterplay to it.

• Shamanistic rage

Reduces all damage taken by 30% and causes your skills, totems, and offensive spells to consume no mana for 15 sec. This spell is usable while stunned.

I dont understand why this got replaced with Astral Shift.
Shamans gets targeted and trained often by the enemy, not being able to use a damage reduction ability every 1 min (also usable in stuns) makes us very vulnerable.

• Lightning Bolt castable while moving (Elemental)

This got removed in wod, and I really miss it.
Being able to kite the enemy while casting lightning bolts felt so smooth.

Now we got to rely on Lava Burst procs to do any kind of damage while we kite.

• Higher Lava burst damage (elemental)

In the past when you casted a Lava burst you knew the enemy would take a great amount of damage, right now it feels like it tickles the enemy.
It just doesnt feel worth wasting a global on Lava burst nowdays. Sometimes I rather use a global to purge the enemy instead of pressing Lava burst, that should tell you something…

Honorable mentions:

• Ascendance baseline for all specs.

The Shaman surrenders his/her physical form to the power of the elements, gaining the ability to transform into a being of raw elemental energy for 15 sec.

Elemental:
While in the form of a Flame Ascendant, Lava Burst has no cooldown and Chain Lightning is empowered to become Lava Beam.

Enhancement:
While in the form of an Air Ascendant, autoattacks and Stormstrike deal pure Nature damage and have a 30-yard range.

Restoration:
While in the form of a Water Ascendant, all healing done is duplicated and distributed evenly among nearby allies.

• Lightning Shield

• Weapon imbues
    Flame tongue, rockbiter

• Ancestral Swiftness
    Your next Nature spell with a base casting time less than 10 sec. becomes an instant cast spell.
    Passive:
    Increases spell haste by 5% and melee haste by 10%.

• Call of the elements
    When activated, immediately finishes the cooldown on all totems with a base cooldown shorter than 3 minutes.

• Burning Wrath (Elemental)
    Fiery elemental energy emanates from the Shaman, empowering all nearby party and raid members and increasing their spell power by 10%.

• Grace of Air
    Empowering winds swirl around the Shaman, granting all nearby party and raid members increased Mastery.

Final words, I know this a lot to wish for but I would be more then happy to see some of these abilitys returning to the game.

Thank you for reading.

-Weafy

18 Likes

i think ascendance for ench works the same as it was before i am not sure tho, otherwise i support that. :wink:

Well it doesn’t,Now ascendance deal wind damage (physical damage that ignore armor),when the spell was release at mop it was nature damage

I’ve never seen a more accurate post on those forums.
I really miss that spell that allowed us to cast while walking. I really, really miss it.

For not to talk of Gust of Wind as well.

3 Likes

I don’t think unleashed elements would be a good addition, i would rather then do something else.

Agreed. I found Unleashed Elements added needless clutter to the rotations. I am glad its gone. It added nothing that couldnt be baked into the skills.

Old ride the lightning. Storm strike with chain lightning was soooo much fun and better

3 Likes

The question remains, how hybrid will shamans be in Shadowlands…

In my book every shaman should have a myriade of abilities

• mellee attack
  • castable lightningbolt
  • castable chainlightning
  • castable heal
  • lightningshield
  • all 3 shock spells
    And some more…

This is what the unpruning should do…
And then keep bfa mechanics…

In my mind I loved the maelstrom building for free lightning bolt/chain lightning,
Fire nova totem for a nice passive aoe,
But my biggest wish is that they make earth shield base line but instead of adding healing it gives an armor buff with a possible stack effect like the current lightning shield… The lack of survivability really puts me off

Bring back storm weapon ( or whatever it called) that at x stacks makes your next lighting bolt or chain lighting instant

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.