Revamping Garrisons

I’m a big fan of garrisons I love mine however Id really like to see them brought into the BFA era ie relevant to today’s gamer, mkay

Some ideas for doing this

• Level 120 practice dummies
  • BFA Profession support (including fishing)

what do you think is this even feasible?

I want a hot baths in my garrison. I’d invite certain spacegoats :))

1 Like

They were pretty dull overall. To make them worthwhile I would’ve loved two major additions;

1. A LOT more customization than the almost non existant amount we were given.
  2. Guild interactivity instead of Solo. You can still have solo ones if you don’t have a guild of course but I’d rather see interaction with a lot of people rather than being confined to this huge space full of npc’s and only npc’s.
3 Likes

I don’t think we’ll see any changes to our garrisons, they generally don’t make us go back to features of old expansions to do things in the current expansion.

I love my garrison though :slight_smile:

I’d rather have Guild halls as well :slight_smile:

They can be inside cities in similar way as e.g. Mage class hall is, from player perspective it seems like you are in the city, but it is ofc instanced, still with all those smoke and mirrors it works just fine.

From Lore perspective they cannot just upgrade garrisons, because they are in AU Draenor and that is currently not available for us to enter (after the Mag’har recruitment) + it would be pretty hostile territory with all the Lightbound, so I don’t see any possible logical reason, why either of the factions would do it anyway.

Edit: Although features like practice dummies could be upgraded.

2 Likes

the guild hall idea could be combined with it , tier 4 garrison becomes a guild hall with bank,AH and Portals I fear Punyelf is correct though

I wouldnt mind seeing the return of Garrisons in some way. It is nice to build your own base. But honestly i don’t want to return to the WoD ones. It shouldnt generate obscene amount of free gold like that one did(either trough raw gold or like 200 herbs and ores a day)

Also if they bring back Garrisons it should give us more reasons to actually go out in the world instead of afking for queues in it. And have the different locations and racial styles to choose from like i believe they wanted to do in wod first

2 Likes

From what I know you should have been able to choose in which zone you’d build your garrison (there areas where you pick one of the two buildings, so more or less in these) + if there were options to choose racial style and the planned capitals for both factions would be a reality, than WoD would have been better :slight_smile: (not greater but it could help)

The question is ,why would a guild place its hall in AU Draenor, apart from this flaw, low level members would prolly not be able to access it, so racial capitals/starting zones or some lower level zones (Ashenvale/Feralas/Darkshore for NE and some zone for Forsaken) would work more smoothly.

But that is just a problem with placing the garrison in different timeline, it was meant to last just for one expansion :confused:

Blockquote
he question is ,why would a guild place its hall in AU Draenor, apart from this flaw, low level members would prolly not be able to access it, so racial capitals/starting zones or some lower level zones (Ashenvale/Feralas/Darkshore for NE and some zone for Forsaken) would work more smoothly.

Blockquote

Vaellir is right here it would be a flaw, instanced guild halls in racial capitals works for me

1 Like

And yet here we are, playing an expansion that is literally about nothing more than an attempt at re-telling the story of garrosh, just with sylvanas.
The garrison system was perfectly valid, good and functioning, had they not made it the center piece of the frikin expansion to fill in for the lack of content, it would have been a huge success.

Technically it still is. You wont find anyone who’d dislike the idea of having/building your own little stronghold/playerhousing.
Most of the criticism was always about tables and having no reason to go outside of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.