Reverse Ele changes for 9.0.5 (playstyle)

So in the most recent builds, Ele has receive a buff/nerf overall. Not gonna discuss numbers, as it will probably be better in the LONG run. My issue is the shift in playstyle. A lot of us DISLIKE with passion being a earth shock one trick pony where you pray for your earth shock to crit and the rest of our spells hit like a potato (what we had for most of BfA)
Even you Blizzard, said that this playstyle had to change and tried numerous things in beta before settling on a LB build where earth shock is less dominant.
Now why are you pushing us toward this build again? It makes our mastery even more worthless of a stat (raid has tons of mastery gear), and IT IS NOT FUN.
TLDR please revert the tuning you did, or just have the courtesy to tell us you don’t know what to do with us and that we’ll end up with this build for the rest of Shadowlands, so we can adjust our priorities. Because honestly it’s disgraceful you acknoweldge ele need a playstyle change just to revert to the old one 3 months into an expansion.
To community : I know it’s not the end of the world and that it’ll probably end up as a buff. But what’s gonna happen next now that they’re starting to get down this road? If Ele is getting too strong they will tune down even more LB damage to compensate. It’s time we say no to this degenerate playstyle and ask for changes to be reverted, just like Affliction warlocks did

3 Likes

We’re not warlocks, not mages, you have to accept the truth, like all shamans for so many years had accepted. Be happy that they buffed out aoe without nerfing st to the ground. Be happy that anything is changing.

2 Likes

I’ve been a shaman since Draenei came out and let me tell you i’ll never give up!

2 Likes

I’m happy of the changes, finally we will be above tanks in dungeons, until they start to kite obviously.

I think that this 10% won’t hurt as much as we think now and “hope it crit” won’t be as frustrating as bfa.

2 Likes

Nothing could make me happier than that. Until then I will continue my lonely crusade on every forum be it eu or us!

I am just starting to do mythics atm but in what world are you gonna be below tanks? Unless they pop everything and you don’t pop anything I just don’t see how you can go below a tank ?

Back on topic I don’t like the shift in power either, been fan of lava burst since it was implemented in wotlk

Shammys need a hard nerf period

Maybe a little exaggerating, but the point is that actually our aoe is weak af, won’t even talk about kiting meta in higher keys

Hey you, i want you to know that everytime shaman is a little bit over lower mid of the pack we’re getting hammered with nerfs every damn time.

Elemental shaman at this point of time is not viable in m+ and even less in raids. It has a nice utility in PvP thou.

The following changes will make it viable in m+ making it even less viable in raids and pvp as it single target damage gets nerfed. Thats not what we were expecting tbh. Enha will take the role of dmg mainspec, making it a melee class.

How are they not viable? They can do over +20? Yeh they are not fire mage or boomkin but that doesn’t mean they are no viable. Seriously do you always cry if you are not the best spec in the game?

2 Likes

Did you get rekt?

3 Likes

Lmfao wut?!.

its funny how much of a nerf lava burst had from the begin of the expansion…and i dont understand why

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.