Revisit MoP šŸ¼

I did just start revising MoP to get rep and mount that I didnā€™t get back in the days! And what a glorious game we had, it still is so good content. Beautiful design with interesting quests and just a feel good while exploring and wandering around!

Please give us this absolutely glorious feeling back! MAKE WoW MoP again!

:heart: :panda_face: :heart:

68 Likes

Of the last six expansions only two are well regarded generally by the playerbase, MOP and Legion. MOP worked on its gameplay elements and had weaker story. Legion had great lore, characters and locations and weaponry but was less appreciated for its gameplay (systems). Going forward MOP is the way to go.

Iā€™d be interested in hearing how long it takes you to grind out those reps / mounts and compare that to current grinds (like Codex Research).

8 Likes

you know i only ever cleared MoP for the first time (quest wise) in bfaā€¦ when i had nothing better to do because that expansion suckedā€¦(bfa)

i actually enjoyed the questing if im honestā€¦ i skipped that expansion back in the day because i could not remove the idea of it being inspired by jack blacks kung fu pandaā€¦ which was releasing around the same time.

then jack black played blizzcon in the same year iircā€¦ was just like confirmation at that point.

i still however think CATA was peak wow in terms of exploring and questing personally though.

2 Likes

There was a Pandaren in Warcraft 3, years before that movie.
And Pandaren are no more ridiculous than upright cows as Tauren. But meh, bygones under the bridgeā€¦

4 Likes

I remember the expansion being criticised at the time using Kung Foo Panda as a reason. Personally I love the zone, go there quite often.

3 Likes

Pandas are not ridiculous at all! We are champ! :wink:

I agree. The aesthetics in MoP were so pleasing joyous and connected. Shadowlands aesthetics are depressing, morbid and disconnected. I dont think Iā€™ve spoken to anyone who likes the look of the Maw or any of the zones really. I originally quite liked the look of Bastion, but their perception of death is actually quite cruel. ā€œForget everything you knew and had in your past lifeā€. I was honestly on Uthers side with that.

But yeah, MoP was by far my favourite expansion for a whole bunch of reasons, and this is one of them.

1 Like

Best expansion ever.
(No sarcasm, I serously mean it.)

5 Likes

MoP class design was amazing. Fire mage was the most fun I have ever had in wow. Now it is a terrible one trick pony. Sad. canĀ“t even play it, dull as hell.

2 Likes

Would be nice to do some form of epilogue for all zones and expansions storiesā€¦ after weā€™ve left the zones to fend for themselves for like 10+ years lorewise

1 Like

I disliked the theme but the world building, questing, class design, dungeons and more were pretty good back then. Hopefully they will try to do something close to this in the next expansion so it will be good. Instead of some disconnected zones, system on top of system of borrowed power wich also tends to be timegated. The world of warcraft should feel like a world instead of a waiting room with many painfully tedious chores where you can wait for your instanced content

3 Likes

MOP had everything i loved about this game
very well designed classes
and on top of that the LAND
i really loved MOP because it felt like the world was living on itā€™s own
BFA had the same feeling with zones for me at least
but MOP is winning

PS
blizzard pls hurry up and re release MOP as classic version so i can AFK there forever with my MOP ret paladin

4 Likes

i would agree with this on zulduzar and kulā€™thiras. The patch zones however did not have this feeling as they were just empthy zones for dailies and rares

1 Like

It did take me two days to grind out shado-pan, klaxxi, golden lotus and celestial! It gave me 6 new mounts also! Did farm Zandalari warbringers (in WM) gave good rep, plus the direhorn mount, I will farm the rest of repā€™s now. And around 15k in mats to sell on AH (more on other server then Silvermoon)! :slight_smile:

Worst part in VM is that many players farm and I did it on my ilvl 177 Druid so sometimes horde with full gladiator will steal the kill :sweat_smile:

2000% more fun then the fallen charger waiting 2-14h :/, + trolling ppl on WM is so fun, I honestly miss pvp servers!

MOP was def my all time favourite. Everything about it I loved, even Nomi!
It really had something for every kind of player and introduced me to my favourite race so I actually had a main for the first time ever.
Also possibly the most fun Ive had in raids and Im not really a raid player but I just loved those ones.

1 Like

MoP started in the prettiest zone and ended in the most drab, from a levelling perspective.

It was a lovely expansion.

4 Likes

The most dull experience from MoP was the boost to insta max level, it made questing feel like a waste of time instead of investment in your character! Humanā€™s are an lazy being so if there is a way make anything easier we will do it!

Me myself do rarely quest anymore just roll tank or healer and just spam dungeons! Even if I am an old schooler from vanilla!

1 Like

I hated MoP with a burning passion, but compared to more recent expansionsā€¦

I honestly still hate MoP. BFA/SL/WoD > > > Pandiarrhoea by a long mile for me. I dread ever having to go back there.

1 Like

We all have different perspectives. MoP was the last expansion were I have irl friend playing WoW. PvP was epic! :slight_smile:

nothing stopped you from not using these boosts. I got a few over the years due to buying an expansion and the boosted characters never ended up being used because they felt so alien to me. Especially since they were classes i did not have at max lvl before. These chars generally ended up being deleted