Reworked Battlelord legendary

Your Overpower has a 40% chance to reset the cooldown of Mortal Strike and reduce the Rage cost of your next Mortal Strike by 15.

Shifting the proc from slam (a dead button to press) to overpower feels like it’s going to make a pretty big impact.

Arms warriors thrive on making consistant damage in pvp and imo this might become the new best legendary.

Thoughts?

It might also become the best leggo in PvE if the Warrior chooses a different Covenant than Venthyr as it smoothes out the Rage needed to play and overall makes the spec less clunky.

There are 2 more lego for arms that got buffed so there are more options then this one

For PvE? No.

Exploiter is only of value if you’re Venthyr else it has limited use as it only works for 20%/35 of the fight.

Enduring Blow has value the entire fight, however, it does nothing to make Arms less clunky.

Battlelord helps with the rotation and alleviates issues with Rage starvation making the spec less clunky overall.

Getting a free CS is useless if you have no Rage. You also get it after an MS, so all you can do use Slam and the occasional coincidental OP.

1 Like

Enduring blow would be nice if it procs CS but damage is reduced for maybe 30-50%

Noice! 10101010

The changes are nice, it went from a useless legendary to a potentially great one but we will see. It definitely opens up the possibility of new gameplay styles, Exploiter has also been buffed which could be decent for Venthyr (it already is for Venthyr PvP).

Having Signet not be the default choice in every situation will be nice, it fits perfectly for a M+ legendary but the core gameplay and performance on single target leaves a lot to be desired. I look forward to seeing the numbers, and testing it on PTR.

I can see this one maybe working well if Mortal Combo gets higher proc rate at a later stage, you would be pumping out alot of MS, a shame GCD prolly would ruin the proc feel :stuck_out_tongue:

Mortal Combo was already being heavily used as the 2nd option before the Dauntless Duelist became available on Venthyr. So for sure Mortal Combo will go well with this updated legendary.

I dunno what math is saying about this but i think/hope it will also be top for venthyr warriors. Off cource Exploiters sounds nice but in the end it only buffs ms in the execute phase where you don t want to use it atm. Maybe you want to use it with the buff but i would prefer to feel less powerless between 80 and 35 where you have nothing to press often beside boring slam.

When the time comes where you can use 2 legendarys i think enduring blow will pair very good with battlelord. More CS windows since you have more chances with more ms cast sounds very good. So you use your normal cs for the execute windows but still have the buff “often” in the “ms battlelord” phase.

I tested a 190er battlelord even as venthyr it feels amazing.

The Exploiter also works with Condemn, so the Execute phase is the first 20% and the last 35/20%.

Battlelord+Enduring Blow pairs nicely together as the former allows for MS to happen during the duration of the latter.

And yes, Battlelord would feel amazing as it addresses core issues with the spec even though Exploiter turns out to be the higher numerical performer as it allows the player to use their main attack for a heavily reduced cost, thus freeing up resources and making the experience of playing less clunky. Especially since it can be comboed with Mortal Combo.

1 Like

If it makes arms smoother , good
Not so good changes for fury and prot tho ( Maybe better raiding with prot cuz 2 stacks of shield wall )

It is a mistake. Making overpower procing MS is useless because if your OP is on CD you cant do shiet. Battlelord is good the way it is because when MS and OP are on CD you hit Slam and it can proc both MS and OP most of the times in the same time. Bullcrap change.

Slam is a last resort single target rage spender, you use OP in all situations and it’s completely free making it the default filler during execute. With Battle Lord working off Slam it was always going to be useless, with OP it creates a viable new gameplay loop.

To look at my best Hungering Destroyer log I cast 27 Overpowers, 22 Slams and 20 MS (Venthyr) without even having Dreadnaught talented. So which is better to proc your free MS, the free ability that buffs MS damage, can be talented to do AOE and procs off of all rage spenders, or the lowest priority rage spender that has no multi-target component and you never press during Execute?

Obviously the Legendary is much stronger working from Overpower.

this legendary is very bad its for warriors that cant manage their rage… just go exploiter its the only way

Oke, we shall see. I just test it.

I like it. Very sweet gameplay with this lego. But have a weak performance. Maybe when we get second Lego slot it could be good with exploiter for ventyr. I’m already pissed off about signet. I sooo hate it… cuz arms need some sort of recklessnes… baseline… as it was… in legion…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.