Rogue healer spec?

Hi guys

I started playing WoW hardcore mode back in 2005 till end 2008 and quit at the end of BC because I had all major content done at the time. Sunwell Plateau, Gladiator season 2 etc. and also because I finished my studies and started to work.

Now I’ve been back for a month now and even though many things have changed from 2008, I still enjoy this game.

The problem I noticed is that rogue aren’t the main source of damage anymore.
It must have been REALLY fun for paladins, priest and druid to become “real” damage dealers. (For people who don’t know, they could make some dmg in the past but they kinda sucked). Now they’re as good as rogues in that field.
What happens is that since all these healer class decided to go for damage, it means there are fewer healers running around.
I’m talking about raids or PvP. In pvp you hardly get any heal anymore (it happens, but it’s rare).

So here’s my solution.
Since we are NOT the main source of damage anymore, how about giving us the fun you gave to the druids, priest and paladin and give us rogue a new meta role? Why does it go one way and not another?

If you think this idea is stupid, then why are priest damage dealers?
I don’t care if I become a healer and not a damage dealer anymore. It’s just about balance.

Regards,
Braz

You miss your world of roguecraft i see.
But yeah the problem is that you missunderstand how the classes work now.
A ret paladin can not just suddenly start to heal as an example.
Or a shadow priest can not just start to heal in the middle of things (they can do something but it is not good)
Rogues themselves are self healing like crazy now compare that to then with no self healing.

The healing ability of classes like shadow priest ret paladin balance druid feral druid is far far from any actual healer and quite a few of the tanks.

You know the rogue ability shroud that is one of the reasons rogues are so dominant for m+ (the damage is great on top of that) now in BFA blizzard removed it in legion but listened to the rogue playerbase and put it back in.

You have to understand the game is changed pure damage dealers have a crap ton of abilities to deal with situations now that they could not in there wildest dreams deal with in the past.

as outlaw with grand melee, yes. The crimson vial is a joke.

Hybrids have insane off healing in current game as proven with previous blizzcon’s where people would leave catform etc to top off team mates.

TL:DR op rogue is not the ganky boi anymore in current game and healer specs are very unlikely for pure dps classes.

I was more thinking like a pure healer spec. To heal other people. Not half damage half healing.
Of coruse the game has changed and I accepted it. So why not make a big change to our class change too? As you poitned out what I said: we’re not the main source of damage anymore.

Or am I supposed to accept what our class have become over time?

Also you must have been palying rogue for a very long time for knowing what I mean about being the main source of damage.

On M10+ any range still out damage us by far, either single mob or AoE fights. Either I sucked at studyign the new mechancis and can’t apply it, either we really suck nowadays.
So why would you call us “pure dps class” if we can’t even be among the top? (mythic or raid)

Why? Isnt it world of roguecraft right now?

Dont know what rogues will ask more, i guess next goes a tank spec and then a god spec that tanks/heals and tops off dps meters xD

Rogues’ defence is everything but healing and healing itself is an extra bit they have in their tool set. It helps but it’s far from what other classes like Paladins have.

What makes you think rogue are broken? In the Battle of Dazar’alor raid, rogues aren’t even close to top 3 in a 20 man group in DPS. If we don’t have dps, then what do we have?
Is asking to become a raid/pvp healer too much?

Did you even see at MDI?
How many classes exist in this game?
2/3 dps where rogues.

Now if youre not close to top 3 inside raids youre still the best melee ingame since vanilla in both dung’s and specially PVP.

I just played several and different battleground in which the supposed healers went damage dealers.
How are you supposed to have fun if healer are rare?
They reduced the amount of healers by giving them the damage spec.

So jsut give me my healing spec.

Also is it normal that cloth have as much HP as us now? It’s just silly

The only place ive seen rogues being healers is ESO, i really cant tell you how much people laugh with this, incluning myself :stuck_out_tongue:

There are pieces in your armor that give a bigger amount of stamina, head-shoulders-chest-pants. If you have those on lets say 420, while your gear is 410… You are going to have MORE HP from someone that is 415 with some big pieces in low ilvl.

Hope that helps, dont know how i can explain it better.

Doesn’t answer his question. The correct answer is :

Yes, nowadays a Mage and a Rogue with exact same ilvl on every slot will have the same health. Some classes do make exception because of passive stam buffs (Warlocks) or one more piece giving additionnal stats (Fury Warriors wielding 2 2H weapons) for instance. Other than that it’s pretty normalized, as opposed to what it was in the past.

and is it normal to you that they have the same HP? they destroyed this game so hard, no wonder most people quit

To go back to topic, they IMBALANCED the game by giving the healers a damage dealign spec. So why not balance it by giving us a healing spec? I would have as much fun healing people with my rogue and watch pala, priest and druid doing damage

Here are some idea to make this viable : No mana for for rogue, just healing based on energy. Which would make the rogues an assest since they would never run out of it

Actually I do not mind about the HP being the same. I don’t believe a Rogue SHOULD have more health than a Priest or a Mage when he already has more armor.

It’s okay for a class to be able to fit several roles. What is wrong is when a single spec, healer or dps, has damage comparable to a dps (for a healer) or has healing spikes as strong a healer (for a dps). Having DPS only classes is essential for the game as well imo.

If you feel like you’d enjoy a healer Rogue with energy as a resource you should have a loot at the MMO SW:TOR, one of the rogue classes there has two dps spec comparable to sub and assa, while the thirs one is a healer with energy, stealth, kidney, vanish, cloak, etc. I personally don’t believe we’ll have a rogue healer in WoW.

My only question is: why not?

We’ve seen the healer becoming damage dealers

No. They haven’t “become” DDs. All classes with a healing spec in this game also had a DPS spec when the game was originaly created.

Good that the almighty knowitall rogue came on the rescue to correct a wrong statement.

Just incase you failed to realize you added something in my reply, that doesn’t mean it was wrong because you said yourself exactly the same thing.

Once again, everything makes perfect sense with you :rofl:

No no your reply was exactly right and correct, nothing was wrong, it just didn’t answer to the question he asked. I actually didn’t say it was wrong, what you said. I just said “didn’t answer his question”, you quoted it yourself.

Would you make a fuss if a guy asked why is the sea blue, you’d answer grass is green and I would come and actually said yes but the answer is … Etc. You realize your answer can be right and not answer the question alright ?

What he wanted to know why was it normal than a fully geared plate or mail guy had the same hp as a cloth or leather one. In the past it wasn’t like this, warriors with the exact same ilvl ik every slot as a mage had more health, that was all.

Nothing against you, just wanted to properly answer him. Please be civil.

What is correct?
When something is not correct is wrong.
You testing my english? ^^

The answer is you feel like arguing about the obvious again. Its not the first time im having a conversation with you.

I think youre the among the last people on forums that should ask others to be civil :sunglasses:

Correct as in “is the right answer to the question”. In a math exam if you’re asked what’s 2+2 and you answer 3+3=6 it’s cool you’re not WRONG but the answer is not correct.

As opposed to you I’m not uncivil. You not liking being proved wrong doesn’t make me not civil.

The answer was correct, just because i haven’t mention the class/spec passive that does not mean its wrong. But when you are being you and you are typically searching for an argument for nothing, it can be. Just for you though.

You are. When someone tells you that WoW always used the lame excuse “play pve to gear up for PVP”(pve trinkets conversation) and you get in mongoloid berserk mode with personal insults or rating insults like i care or with insults like arena forum is pvp’ers safe space and i was invading it…:rofl:
You deffo are way to uncivil and as it seems arrogant of your state :slight_smile:

Ive pointed out in the past you must be really at this edgy teenager side, spiritually or physically and you just trying to prove something to yourself or think that other care on what you prove or not.