Rogue levelling weapon choice

I am Lvl 31, At the moment I am using a dagger main hand and sworf off, to make use of ambush essentially.
What is best for solo quest and occasional dungeon levelling.
Should I stick with daggers, or go both sword.
Please give info as to why, I’d like to understand.
Cheers

What talents are you using? If you’re using the regular combat lvling build, swords/maces are (almost always) better than daggers because most of your dmg is going to come from your slice and dice auto-attacks.

Combat daggers can be great in dungeons, but you can’t really make optimal use of backstab/ambush while solo lvling.

In general daggers are quite slower. The problem with daggers when solo is you can only use Sinister Strike or Hemorrhage face to face, which are very weak with fast weapons. You can pool energy before Gouge to Backstab but then you have to wait to do it again and if Gouge fails you stand there doing nothing. If Ambush didn’t crit killing a mob can take a while.

There are some people who level with daggers knowing what they are doing (it can certainly be more amusing than the alternatives) but either they are looking for something different/fun rather than fast, or they’re spending a lot of time playing with others (so they can backstab freely).

If you like this path a lot, at level 31 you can already pick both Improved Backstab (with Improved Gouge) and Improved Ambush so if you keep your main hand dagger updated along the way and focus on mobs at least one level or two below yours (which is the most efficient for leveling, especially as melee) you should be ok, but going Combat with slow main hand weapons (swords/maces) and putting points in Assassination after Adrenaline Rush is the best all-around aproach.

Personally for this rogue I didn’t even bother to train Ambush until level 50+, and I went Subtlety (which isn’t particularly fast either, but it’s a PvP realm).

The weapon that does higher max damage in Main Hand, because abilities like sinister strike will use damage based on Main Hand, so. You want more dmg with that.

The best way to level a rogue is combat build with swords, that’s it. Stronger/Slower sword in MH, faster sword in Off-Hand.
Especially as human, since humans has nice racial that grants them +5 to sword skill.

Leveled a lot of rogues. I always go as slow sword mainhand, as fast dagger offhand. Skilling both weapons at the same time too.

Most important as rogue is riposte tho. Get it as soon as possible, and macro it to sinister strike and its a breeze to level

Mace spec is so underrated

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.