Rogues need a Buff Right now!

kinda never happend, ever?
also whole forum minus rogues will be cheering if rogue are finally bad in pvp :slight_smile:
toxic class

1 Like

Shadow Techniques doesn’t deal damage.

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but as a Rogue, I’ve played over 700 2s games in this current meta and I just can’t seem to get above 1600 rating. I’ve been playing primarily Rogue/Mage and I am 2k experienced. Struggling mostly with dealing with anything that comes with a Paladin or Shaman. Paladin toolkit is just nuts, I played one myself to 1800 rating in BFA in 2s with my friend and didn’t really progress 3s as it didn’t interest me.

I’ve played Rogue every expansion and I’m thinking is it time to reroll? I’m not a FOTM roller and have stuck with Rogue, despite them always starting out strong and Blizzard then nerfing them in to the ground every expansion because too many people cry about them.

I don’t know if I’m struggling so hard playing as a Rogue in Rogue/Mage because other classes are overtuned or maybe I am just out of touch? I feel like I have to play very hard for a win, whilst other classes simply faceplant their keyboard. I know about diminishing returns, resetting, and playing around enemy cooldowns, but it feels like doing this to get a win has become almost impossible.

While I agree they need to remove that conduit allowing to go stealth with dots.

Low troll. 2/10
u will see more nerfs… asking for buffs is like admit u have 58IQ and u glad where u are.

That post was even more troll, not gonna lie

It does, it hits like 4k, then hits a few more times for 4k, but I’m not sure if it’s bugged or what, but they don’t appear in the rogue’s combat log or nameplate scrolling text

Rogue is really powerful in the right hands, but has a high skill cap and is extremely punishing to play. If someone is dominating as a rogue, it’s probably because they’re good. The class has a lot of potential, but definitely does not carry the player. Does really well in certain comps in arena because of the CC and synergy they have.

Also remember, this season is prob a bit harder than others as not only is it the most popular in a while, more players know what to do from watching streams etc. I hit 2137 in 3s in Wrath, but that’s nothing like it is now, you’d get random comps of people having no idea what they’re doing until like 1800 or so, in bad gear lol. People have very well itemised, high ilevel gear in meta comps with good CC chains as low as 1.2k or so

i hope the creator is just trolling…

It does not. I main Rogue. Apparently you do not.

The spell is here btw :
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=196912/shadow-techniques

As you can see it does not deal damage.

1 Like

I have 3 triune shields up, rogue cheap shots me, boom im 20% hp. Rogue dmg is still OTT

The secret in secret technique is that is does do damage ,but it’s a secret

Maybe you should double check your messages before telling me Shadow Techniques deal damage then.

1 Like

Man what would happen if you would start with all your CDs in PvP…

Or if Rogues could stealth at the start…imagine…

2 Vanish kinda would…

Also Garrote silence without stealth.

What Assa needs is the SnD refreshing through Envenom back for starters.

Rogue damage isn’t bad? If I don’t have a trinket I die from just a rogue in a cheap shot, how is that bad, they need to be nerfed more.

Thin ice as WW, really thin ice…

I’m not saying anything about Monks, our damage is amazing, we’re squishy asf tho, or maybe I just need more gear,
but Rogue’s literally killing me in a cheap shot if i can’t get out, so I def do not think rogue damage is bad and needs a buff, it’s needs a nerf more then a buff.

Thanks kindly for replying, much obliged, it is very punishing to play sadly, and I do agree that it certainly does not carry the player, I can’t just hit my keyboard and win like some other classes which brings me back to feeling as though I have to play much harder than other classes for a win.

It was way more forgiving way back when we had Preparation and when for 6s after stunning an enemy their damage was reduced, mostly because I could actually survive to another reset.

In the time between stuns being on a DPS I’m finding I’m being focused too hard and I’m literally being 100->0%'d in a couple of seconds even with my Mage using Polymorphs/Dragons Breath/Roots/Slows on the enemy DPS when trying to reset.

Rogues have: Vanish 2m CD, Cloak of Shadows 2m CD (doesn’t really help against melee), Evasion 2m CD, Shadowy Duel 2m CD (has a huge 50 energy cost and if classes with immunities use them whilst in Shadowy Duel they can attack the Rogue inside of Shadowy Duel and the Rogue cannot see them - I’m not sure if this is a bug), Smoke Bomb 3m CD, Kidney Shot 20s CD, Kick 15s CD and 2 Shadowsteps 30s CD with which I can step on my arena partner or step Kidney Shot/Kick the enemy healer and Mage adds to this with Polymorph, Spellsteal (30s CD with Kleptomania), Frost Nova 30s CD (2 Frost Novas with talent), Dragon’s Breath 25s CD, Counterspell 24s CD, Frostbolt slow.

I feel there is no point even trying to interrupt a good Paladin because they have Divine Favor up every time they want to hard cast and their instant cast healing is so insane that they practically never need to hard cast and having your Mage partner Spellsteal Divine Favor and Counterspell in the time that it takes a Paladin to pop Divine Favor and cast a spell is practically impossible.

I’ve been hit by 22k “The Hunt” criticals, and Mortal Strike seems to delete 6k HP on a 4s CD from Warriors with enough haste and Overpower can’t be dodged. I am aware of Deep Wounds mastery which increases damage taken by the Warrior by a percentage and that Colossus Smash/Warbreaker (talent) increase the damage taken by the targets by 30% and that Avatar is a 20% damage increase which also removes roots and snares and that these are very dangerous when stacked and I try to work my cooldowns around these.

I typically look at what killed me and the recaps look something like this:

Example1: The Hunt 11-22k

Example 2: Condemn 9-12k, Mortal Strike 4-6k, Condemn 9-12k, Mortal Strike 4-6k

Example 3: Starsurge 12-24k

Example 4: Windfury 22k

I have also noticed Judgment hitting twice from Holy Paladins in some situations and I’m not sure why this is the case (probably Divine Toll straight after Judgment cast?).

I would just like to know if I’m doing something wrong really. I PvE as well I have AoTC and mostly blue/purple logs on Warcraftlogs (on some bosses I’m getting 90 on logs for Damage Done). I am also looking for a Mythic raiding guild at the moment and have previous Mythic raiding experience.

Yeah you kinda need some gear. And i find that monks(along with rogues) are the most easy class to kill in a stunlock, so its not like we can do this to every class.

Im not gonna lie, our burst from stealth is pretty great. But along with cc thats pretty much all we have. Our sustainability(both dmg and survivability) is abysmal.