Rogues with improved MS

May i ask why Asssrogues have a improved sharpen blade?

Interesting.

4 Likes

and why they have disarm?

9 Likes

May I ask why monks have AoE Touch of Death usable at 100%?

Interesting.

8 Likes

How is it improved compared to Sharpen Blade btw ? It lasts longer but the effect is weaker.

its better in the long run, dunno how frequently you can use it tho

nvm just checked it also has 25s cd, its just a bit better sharpen then

It depends. If you have high burst damage in a very short period of time, such as Frost Arms or Ret Arms then Sharpen is better. If you have slightly less burst over a slightly longer period of time then this is most likely better.

You can’t say it’s better just because it lasts longer all the while Sharpen has a stronger effect.

rogues dont need it anyway still have best stun in the game and more dmg then war as assa so maby lets leave sharpen for aclass that dont have 7 sec stuns every 20 sec ?

Don’t assa rogues play MFD for bursting under shiv and marked kidneying or am I too bfa brained?

Does it still stack with Wound Poison?

Every class has the best something in the game.

They do in most cases yes but this DK doesn’t know how the class works.

It never did stack with Wound Poison past the first week of PTR. That is why most Assa Rogues play Deadly Poison ever since 9.1 came out.

No worries then :slight_smile:

Yeah I really dreaded that this would be the case, but at least it opens up assassa rot potential again.

what does dk have best in game?

They have the best slow in the game. It is spammable, undispellable, ranged, and 70%.

That is just one example, I have a couple more but I don’t really wish to enter an argument with someone who will, I reckon, only ever say “no this is better” just because he must make his class sound and look weak no matter what even though DK can, at the moment, kill 2 players within 5s.

Yeah. Just that.

Okay so watch any high rated game with a Kyrian Warrior, and look at the moment where he goes Spear Avatar Sharpen or Spear Sharpen and his teammate CDs. Do you HONESTLY believe that healers can hold their big healer for SIX SECONDS while the DPS is being pumped for an insanely high DPS and cannot move ?

The answer is simply no. And because of that Sharpen mitigates more healing than Shiv because you force that healing in a greater MS and when it fades your damage is roughly over anyway.

There are examples all over. WW Arms, Fire Arms, Ret Arms, Fdk Arms, if they Spear Sharpen targets that don’t have an immunity to the Spear allowing them to get away they always force huge healing through Sharpen unless they actively try not to.

Just as I said above comps such as WW Arms, Ret Arms or FDK Arms are very much capable of doing so. It isn’t rare to see the enemy team forced into several different major CDs to survive those amounts of burst, because it is difficult to heal without without MS, but with one…

Oh and one last thing if you did not know : you can apply Sharpen to several people at once. Which, by pure comparison, makes it much much much stronger.

1 Like

You’re bringing a example when a person uses sharpen on top of 2 other (probably even 3 cuz he’d most likely warbreaker there too) cds. Not rly a valid example considering if that wasnt enough to force a defensive cd from the enemy team, there’d probably be something wrong with the game lol.

You realize this is simply mathematically not possible? Shiv will always mitigate more healing because its just better number-wise and situations which create danger through offensive cds always last more than 6 seconds because which warrior/partner offensive cds last <6s?

I’d rather have sharpen with 40% ms and 9s duration than the current one because its just better in vast majority of situations, thats all am sayin.

Thanks, i actually didnt know about that, i mean i knew that you can apply it to up to 2 people (including the main target) through entirely different ability called “Sweeping Strikes” but SEVERAL? This is some next level joke :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ok now i am sure your braindead you think dk is strong god luck bias rogue deffender

Welcome to arenas. People play in a team of 2 or 3 and don’t randomly pop stuff for no reason. You shouldn’t sharpen randomly and you shouldnt shiv randomly either. Both have to be used with something that will require healing always else you waste the effect entirely.

It is weird that you take into account the enemy healer having to heal through the MS effect yet totally ignore any teammates or CDs on the team of the MS effect ? Are you playing arenas alone vs two, and without your CDs ? No.

No. You must be terrible, terrible at math of you think that it is the case. Plenty of different numbers would compute into Sharpen stopping more healing, and plenty other would would compute towards Shiv. In the end if there is enough damage in the first 6s (thus demanding healing) Sharpen wins. That is as simple and if you are unable to understand why it is mathematically like this then I seriously worry about what you did in your studies past 13 y.o.

Situations which create serious danger in arena are usually a few seconds long because that’s when you’re stunned or otherwise CC’ed. Let’s say we play each other. If I kill you with my burst damage outside of a Kidney Shot you’re terrible because you have so many ways to shut me down, or even use your own stuff, if you aren’t in a stun. Thus, I will only put you in danger for 6s after which my stun ends. The same the other way, outside of your Stormbolt you will pressure me but never kill me before dampening because I will use Feint, Evasion, or simply kite you anytime you have damage and I’ll disarm every single war breaker resulting in you making no value. But if you were to stun me then I wouldn’t be able to do any of this for 4s, which is when I would need the most healing DESPITE your offensive CDs lasting much longer.

It’s always the same in every arena game. People rarely die to nothing outside of any CC. Monks can nuke you yes, but most of the time they’ll do it in a Leg Sweep else you aren’t really in danger, yet Xuen and Images last a lot longer. Shadow Priest damage is scary and his cooldowns last, but in truth you rarely die if you can line him, kick him, CC him, or line his necro legendary pet.

Coming back to Assa and Arms, when you land your stun (or your Spear, some classes mitigation are kiting only so Spear is close to a stun then) you can’t guarantee CC on the healer, and because your target does nothing for the duration of the stun (or spear) while you hammer him down, he needs heavy healing and that is why Sharpen and Hemo are good spells.

Think about it one (more) second and you’ll just see it.

And you wouldn’t be right.

I apologize if there is some silent rule in english making several only 3+. You perfectly understood my words though, so try not to play too dumb. Sweeping Strikes cooldown is low enough to allow you to apply every second Sharpen to a second target even if you use it CD. Meanwhile you also cleave with every spell, so both targets need to be healed. And both have Sharpen. Do you really not understand what it means ?

Not to mention that, once again, it is a TEAM game which means you will have someone with you whose damage also needs to be healed.

In the end it doesn’t matter that you can apply it to other people “through” Sweeping Strikes, the end result is that you can, and you can often. Having a 6s 50% MS on two targets during cleave burst windows is by far the most potent form of MS there is in PvP combat in the game at the moment.

Frost DK is actually not so bad. Maybe you aren’t good enough to make it work?

And, besides, my original post only stated that dKs had the best slow in the game - which is true - and was a response to your question. If you can’t take an answer without bring rude and looking like a fool then don’t ask to begin with and everyone will be a lot more happy, yourself too.

1 Like

I thought we are discussing shiv vs sharpen not warrior toolkit which is entirely different topic. Arms can SS sharpen the same way it can SS c smash or normal ms, its not a part of those specific abilities but its a part of Arms toolkit.

Once again, shiv will always mitigate more because the numbers are just better. The 10% difference is barely noticeable while the additional 3 seconds give you…3 additional seconds of 40%, that alone even sounds (lol) more powerful. The difference is small but it is basically a better version of sharpen, period.

You keep talking about sweeping sharpen but imagine if i could sweeping shiv lol. It almost feels like you know its better but use other tools as a argument. Idk. im tired of this pointless discussion, i’ve talked to a few people before and after giving it some insight they also shared my opinion thus i have that inside feeling that i’am absolutely right if that makes sense :sweat_smile:

Anyway, i dont like sharing the same tools with others cuz at this point Warrior doesnt have a single unique mechanic that others dont have. Not even a single one, from the entire toolkit - not a single one.
But that goes to many other specs as well, i guess.

Forgive my ignorance but when I think of warrior, intervene immediately comes to mind, so does War Banner. IDK, they seem pretty unique to me.
Do other classes have these specific mechanics? The only thing that comes close to banner in my mind would be Sanc, but only for corner (the specific DRs they work on) cases and just one target.
But intervene… maybe grounding ? Not too sure, since it works on different category of abilities, does not have the combination of what intervene does (mobility, defensive and redirection of ability).

there are multiple abilities that have the same role or are essentially the same thing in one way or another, the mechanic is the same. intervene - sac, grounding, banner - tremor, sanc, grounding, ward. Probably something else too.

Actually maybe spell reflect, idk there used to be something that could reflect spells as well but am not sure if its still in the game. Though in arena setup reflect has basically the same role as grounding.

Real talk why is the MS effect forcibly caked into my burst button, thats the real question.