[RP Hub] Booty Bay - Black Waters Ahoy! 🏴‍☠

Ahoy Forum Sailors :skull_and_crossbones:

It is at gunpoint with pleasure that I bring your attention to a neutral hub for criminals and contraband that has been reforming for a few weeks now! Though still in its baby stages, we’d like to make an effort to revive this hub in the long-term, and only you can make it happen!

What does the hub currently have to offer?

• Port-based vendors - Herbs, Poisons, Pawn Shop, Loan Shark, Tattooist
  • A frequently visiting group of peddlers offering a variety of wares by the Old Port Authority
  • Wednesdays are Booty Bay: Booty Nights, recurring ‘village hours’ that typically feature a bar and some sort of minigame! We try to keep things fresh around here each week so the minigames rotate through a slowly growing list of options that are announced one week prior! Booty Bay: Booty Nights start at 20:00 Realm Time
  • Thursdays are Salty Sailor Tavern nights! Our second set of recurring ‘village hours’ that are centered around the Salty Sailor Tavern. Currently we’re looking for a gamblemeister who’s up for spicing up said nights by adding to the pirate tavern mood!
  • Market at the Bay is a monthly recurring market event! Due to its location, this is the perfect place to peddle illegal, immoral, questionable, absolutely nope, and indecent wares! Anything under the sun has potential of finding a buyer here! The market is always announced weeks prior and takes place once a month from 20:00 Realm Time into the night!

What does the hub currently need?

• Event organizers/coordinators - Small happenings, events or contests that take place around the Bay. These can range from spectacles all the way down to slice-of-life. The important part is that it contributes to the hub’s activity and draws in potential regular RPers, or even just many passer-throughs!
  • Pirates - we have a bunch of pirates, but what we’re missing is more crews, more diversity, more ships, MORE :pirate_flag:
  • Vendors - Weapons (Swords, Pistols), Ships (Cannons, Whole Ships, Ship Parts & Accessories, Repair Services), Cartographer (Maps, Naval Charts, etc.), anything piratey helps :wink:
  • Goblin Bruisers - The only law is to not interrupt the flow of coins! Even so, you never know when an intervention may be required! Though we understand this niche can be a little hit and miss, so don’t ever chalk this up as critical or anything :slight_smile:
  • More mini-games for the mini-games list! - On our community discord, we maintain a channel containing all sorts of mini-games and dice systems that can be liberally applied to people’s own events! This can be arm-wrestling, swashbuckling, fishing, and even a set of naval combat rules! The more people contribute, the easier it will be for others to organize events!

I'm a merchant! How do shops work?

Shops are a complex topic as there are debates around both IC pricing best practices and building ownership. We do our best not to dictate how people should be conducting or enjoying their RP, but if you plan on using a building, please make sure your wares are on theme!

Booty Bay is an extremely accessible hub and turning the smithy into an alehouse will only confuse the everliving heck out of RPers who aren’t in on the vendor scoop. In short - if you really need a building, use the space that looks closest to what you’ve had in mind. This is not an order or a request but a humble plea from one RPer to another.

Is this something for you?

Sail on down to Booty Bay, where freedom reigns (for better or worse)!

And should you wish to join our discord, you will find a link below! We are always open to new ways for promoting, improving and supporting the hub.

Do your part!

And keep your nose clean in the Baron’s Town!

26 Likes

We could always use more pirates in the pirate bay.

Sincerely,
A pirate.

Genuinely though, Booty Bay gotta be used more, it’s prime pirate real estate.

2 Likes

I wish you the best of luck!

I always try to support the ideas of creating hubs, especially for Horde.

I will surely be visiting it.
I wish Horde had a hub like Stormwind, where you can always find somebody to RP with.

So I encourage all Horde players to support any hub threats created by players. Horde hubs need more love.

1 Like

Sounds great!

I’d love to come by and visit, even though my character is not really a pirate.
Maybe Tana Manawyrm one day seeks to sail to some uncommon destination, and needs to find a crew to hitch a ride with.

The more activity outside usual hubs the better.

I will be visiting Booty Bay daily somewhere around 21:00 - 00:00 Realm Time

Tomorrow we will have our Booty Night - this time with arm wrestling.
Want to become our champion of the month? Push Kora ‘Pretty Ears’ from her throne? get ya face on our Wall of Fame? Then make sure to come by and sign up!

1 Like

Booty Night today, 25. May!

Drinking Competition starting at 8pm Server Time!

Don’t forget your buckets…

Market Night tomorrow, 8. June!

Boat Race

Ship Auction

Market

Be there or be lawful, true or chaotic good

2 Likes

There’s armwrestling afoot.

Yes. Now. If you’re reading this 2 hours from now, you’re late!

What’s this?

Roof Rumble on the 22nd of June!?

No!

Aye!

Oh, my! :open_mouth:

Yes yes, rumble on the roof!

Attenzione!

Do you look better than Nixx but not as good as Fefe?
Then YOU’RE our lad or lass!

We’re currently looking for a couple of volunteers to help keep the Salty Sailor manned by player characters and welcoming to visitors!

Would you like to know more?
Reach out to us on the discord!

Hello to all ye brigands, thieves and other assorted petty crime committers!

Tonight in the bay we have the one and only crab race, the challenge issued to beat the fastest crab of the bunch!

We’ll be there at 20 ST to start signups!

Och, for Light’s sake!

This Wednesday fer 20:00 they’re stealin’ a cannonball tae use for topplin’ ten bottles arranged in the shape of a triangle by rolling it from a certain distance!

Next they’ll be racin’ flesh-eating ants, or worse…

2 Likes

It was lovely to see so many people in the bay for the market yesterday, and I’m certain that not a single item sold was remotely illegal or could in any way inspire any form of outside investigation from the various naval forces across Azeroth.

2 Likes

Next Market is 7th September. We hope to see you all there again, with a bit of a larger gap since last time hopefully you are not all exhausted from shopping!

1 Like

Reporting in now to implore D.E.H.T.A and all of it’s sister organisations to ignore any reports of animal themed abuse or even slaughter. Lifelike props were used in the crab fights, turtle sliding and gull shooting.

There is a strong likelihood that the Wandering Lamp Post is going to grace the Salty Sailor with their presence on Thursdays too.

That means Thursdays, booze and RP. From which Thursday on? I’d tell you, but where’s the fun in that?

Rooftop Rumble returns for it’s fourth iteration of blood, fists and throwing each other off the roof and hopefully into the trash filled waters of the Bay and not the trash filled dock.

Join us in a brawl for the ages and the roof! Who will claim victory over all others?!

Sign ups start at 8PM in the Salty Sailor, with hopefully the start of the game at 8:30PM