RP-PvP servers at Wow Classic launch

Hi all!

So basically I know that this is not the go-to place regarding WoW Classic, but it could be the case that some people playing on the RP-PvP servers have interest on playing WoW Classic when it launches. These people could have the interest on starting their journey on a RP-PvP server once more, however, Blizzard does not currently have any plans on releasing one at launch. Therefore, I created a petition to show Blizzard that there are more than enough players that want to start their journey on said server. As mentioned, I know that this isn’t a WoW Classic forum, however, I thought it might interest you nonetheless or just want to help your fellow RP-PvPers out.

I already created a post on the WoW Classic subforum. The post created can be seen here:

Hi all!

So basically, I have been playing on the EU Defias Brotherhood RP-PvP server from Vanilla till WotLK. It was a great time, filled with both great RP and PvP types of events. Me and my friends were really eager to start playing WoW Classic and sort of relive the good ol’days, but the intention was always to start our journey on an RP-PvP server. When Blizzard mentioned that they do not have the intention to launch these types of servers at launch, me and many others were pretty torn up about it. It was due to this I wanted to throw in some random ideas if these servers really do not launch, but also this let everyone know I started up a petition for people to sign in order to truly show Blizzard that we want these types of servers.

So now that is out of the way, I wanted to set up a couple of `what if’ scenario’s, in case RP-PvP will not be available at launch. These were some random thoughts I had that I wanted to share to see how people think about this:

One scenario would be that the people that wanted to play on an RP-PvP server select a specific RP server to join, so that likeminded people are mostly bundled on the same server. This way, we are able to RP and the chances of encountering more PVP-flagged people is greatly improved. A different approach would be to join a PVP server and RP there, but I do think that greatly impacts the RP side of things. This was just a random thought I had, but I do think that if likeminded people join a specific server, it would be easier to sort of recreate the experience.

Another option would be to just not play until these types of servers are released, but who is to say that these will release at all? Nothing is set in stone. Therefore, I urge people to keep talking about this subject and let Blizzard see that these types of servers are definitely in demand!

Anyways, would love to hear your thoughts about this topic and what you think of what could be a suitable replacement in case RP-PvP servers will not be part available when the game launches.

The link to the petition can be found here:

https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-what-many-are-trying-to-achieve-is-getting-an-rp-pvp-server-when-wow-classic-releases

Thanks all!

As a Defias oldie I would join for classic if RP-PvP were available

Yes, for RP-PvP servers in Classic!

We are almost at 400 signatures. Keep up the good work!

We should totally have an RP-PVP Classic server. Where else should I put my vanilla-flavoured gnomes?

Hmmm

Not sure if there would be enough players tbh…
Consider most people will quit before long due to it being harder than the casual bs on retail.

That and in the end… if you want to RP?? log onto normal wow.
RPers who really want to RP mostly whine about pvpers ruining their events.

These days with the option of warmode, why would they bother on classic?

Even if they make an RPpvp server, unless people raise the idea of making it a wpvp server or something it’l be one of the first to die.

One reason warmode exists is due to RPers whinging about PVP on RPPVP.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.