Rshaman PvP nerf and why?

Why is resto shaman getting 10% nerf on lava burst in 9.0.5. and getting literaly nothing in exchange? Rshaman is at the very best 3rd healer right now, just above rdruid and mw but under priest and pala. In 9.0.5. Mistweaver and rdruid are both getting slightly buffed and hpala and priest are getting 0 nerfs, which is fine, but why not buff rshaman? or even better question, why nerf it?! :S

2 Likes

hpala gets quite heavily nerfed. rshaman doesn’t need anything in exchange of the LB damage reduced, it’s already a really good healer and definitely not worse than disc, you can’t just compare those two since they really don’t fit the same role. with destro being more and more popular and overall wizards not seeing any significant changes, rshamans will rise in popularity and will be able to take back their spots that got taken by hpalas.

I play both disc and rshaman and i dont agree at all, sry, hpala gets quite heavily nerfed? 14% base mana holy shock to 16% base mana is a heavy nerf?

2 Likes

Well, the Lavaburst Nerf for Resto sucks. Kinda understand it for Ele but why nerf Resto’s Dmg output? Was that something people complained about?

2 Likes

they lose shadow res aura, ult sac gets changed too. rshaman is on par with disc with the role they fit within their “home” comps, they aren’t bad by any means.

source arenamate;
healers above 1600+ mmr but u can change to 2500+ it wont make any difference.

1. hpala 44.5%
  2. disc 34.6%
  3. rshaman 10.7%
  4. hpriest 5.5%
  5. druid 3,8%
  6. Mweaver 0.9%
    Shaman and disc definitely on par xD u obviously have no clue what are u talking about.
    I’ve never said rshaman is bad im just surprised why a #3 healer gets nerfed :sailboat:
1 Like

im not gonna start a debate here on why healer/class rep doesn’t mean anything, rogue only having rmp as viable comp does it mean that rogue is weak? dks only having a comp and a gimmick to play around does it mean they’re weak? no, class rep doesn’t mean anything in a game where the synergies matter more than the class itself.

maybe because it’s a pve nerf?

U’re a troll, im out

1 Like

I honestly don’t think so. Resto shamans AoE potential can be summarized with “Chain Lightning spam” which is mediocre at best. Single Target is decent at best but nothing special. For real, I’m a bit confused about that 10% Nerf for LB… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Can’t provide an answer or a reason behind this, I don’t engage in PvE activities as a shaman. I don’t think LB damage was a problem in PvP though as resto (definitely more as ele).

LB Nerf for Ele was pretty much expected but for Resto? Maybe it was by mistake. :smiley:

1 Like

The nerf will due to how RNG lava surge procs are. You can throw out 15k+ dmg with proc/cast/proc in about 2 seconds. Assuming flame shock stays up.

Tbh I’m more concerned about the potential of double legendarys coming. The dmg increase of dps legendarys will outscale the healing gains from our healing legendarys.

What would we take alongside earth shield in PvP for single target gains? PTC dropping double riptides on one person maybe?

Well… It’s shaman, the game is online since '04 you should get used to being nerfed anytime you have fun and are viable as shaman. But anyway this is just a minor nerf for pvp, while that dosen’t touch resto in pve.

1 Like

Double lege when?

Oh it’s not been decided mate. “Potential” key words there sorry. Just lots of people talking about it like they had in legion - Lego’s slowly increased as expansion goes on. I really hope they don’t.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.