Running away meta

So i’ve noticed that nowadays it’s just not rogues running away these days. Demon hunters, druids, mages, hunters, shadow priests, even warriors.

I know battlegrounds are about objectives and winning the match, but i’m seriously starting to get annoyed by the coward playstyle. ”Uh oh, my oneshot didn’t work. Better run to 5 friends”.

This is nothing that breaks battlegrounds, it’s just annoying to see everyone running away from the fight time and again. If one of my teammates is in trouble, and i’m playing my healer and stop to help, a lot of the time he will flee instead of fight, which leaves me dead as i’m just a slow disc priest. If i’m playing shadow or any of my other characters, the opponents just won’t fight unless they outnumber you. I guess it’s tactically sound to just engage in fights you are sure to win, but it feels so dirty. The excitement for me is trying to outplay someone with my abilities, not by burst/numbers. Anyone else feeling the same way? Or am i just getting too old?

5 Likes

I get it’s frustrating to start a 1 on 1 with someone for them only to run to their mates, but in bgs it’s a team game and using your team is probably the best thing to do in a situation where you expect to lose, even if makes them look like massive chicken @“!#s

5 Likes

Pretty much the result of the power certain cooldowns bring and how some specs work.

1 Like

your team 22-30k hp and you see enemy team 30-45k hp.
You better run unless you like beeing a target dummy.

3 Likes

thats basicially because over 90% of players are too dumb for the game and are unable to adapt to different situations.
most ppl just reroll the op classes every season and get all their knowledge and macros from some youtuber, and if that fails they are lost and dont know what to do.

2 Likes

That’s how the game is now though, you do damage during cooldowns and are lackluster outside it.

It’s the case of oh someone survived my cooldowns, better retreat before they kill me with there cooldowns and wait for mine to come back.

Warriors are the only class with good consistent pressure but they need a healer to baby sit them.

Stopped reading there…bruh :woman_health_worker:

Thats the whole point of beign in the team right? or do you wannt ppl go mongo 1vs 15?

Jesus what do you expect? If someone is losing the 1v1 you think they will just stand there and wait for you to kill them? If you really want to outplay people, be ready to follow them when they run away or kite. Not to mention in this very good meta, avoiding the burst/cds is the best defensive so always expect people to run away.

1 Like

I would fight if I could, but right now as one of squishiest mele. I can’t really man up to anyone without getting deleted, so I do what I have to, which is dive in for the burst, then get away as far as I can before a stray paladin judgement comes flying my way and hits me for 18k.

Manning up to anyone right now as a DH = certain death and I know that my class isn’t the only one that feels this way.

Well, as you stopped reading there you missed the point obviously.

What i mean is that there’s barely ever an equal number fight. People don’t even engage unless they outnumber 5 to 1. I guess you feel more skilled when you use every stun/snare known to man and zugzug someone with your 5 buddies than taking on a somewhat uncertain situation where skill would actually matter?

Damage is just far too massive now that it makes any sense to try and fight when you have no cooldowns up.

Its a battleground mate, what do you expect? That they all line up for 1v1 while the other watch in a circle surrounding the two?

Yeah if there’s nothing to gain from fighting someone I’ll just leave them behind tbh
no point dueling someone in an Arathi basin between bases for example.
Now challenge me while I’m solo defending farm (again AB as an example) and you’ll get your 1v1
atleast for as long as it takes for people to respond for the inc I just called out.

OP, i dont understand you. You have to play worldpvp instead of searching for that kind of experience in bg with objectives and team fight.
Are you afraid of worldpvp?

So what, you want them to stay still for you so you can whack them down?
Kitting is a thing, nothing wrong with it

Why would I stand and die when I can choose not to?

Mobility buttons are defensives. Use them if you got them.

But if you help someone who’s in a 1v1 and they then run away and leave you to struggle, that is indeed bad form. OTOH, if you stop to help someone who is being 5v1 murdered, that’s your silly fault for wasting your time. You could have avoided that fight, grouped up and been useful in 30 seconds, but instead chose to die. See opening statement :slight_smile:

Kitting is the fun part of PvP, nothing like having some poor bastard go tunnel vision on you, then using the terrain against them while doing missions around the world

Running away is sometimes the only way for BG geared people to survive … because by Blizzards genious design BG geared people have 1/2 the HP of rated geared people …because reasons ! You see all the PRO skilled people apparently need 2x the HP and the damage off regular casual player to solidify their PRO GG level of godness and erase the casuals game files from HDD with one GCD.

Then you have the mind bogling class inbalance when a class that HAS 0 to 100 in one heal self heals also get to have 100 to 0 in 0.3 sec burst coupled with 250 defensive CDs while other classes get to have 1 damaging skill on 1.5 min CD that comes from covenant no self heals and almost no defensive cds (yes i mean DHs) !!

wow, what a pointless post…

^This.

PvP in wow is about popping CDs during kill attempts…and kiting when your CDs are down.

and bgs at 59 bracket is about
get a team who dont use chat do no objectives
alliance team wins for free
was seething shore surprise 2 range can hit you from ship
and noone but me went for the enemy sub rogues while playing one
both team had no healer