Safeguard Azeroth

Greetings, adventurers, warriors, and magicians. Today, I, Karzhuk Quakestep of the Earthen Ring, bear dire news.

Some time ago, a week or two, more than a dozen Earthen Ring shamans were killed while fighting an Azerite hound. The incident left us shamans in doubt of its powers. After seeking counsel from several sources, we’ve come to the conclusion that this Azerite is not natural, but processed to counter any incoming threat.

I am gathering a team to repel this threat on Kalimdor. However, given the state of war for Azeroth, I cannot aid Eastern Kingdoms as I could aid Kalimdor. To those from the Alliance who’s willing to save Azeroth, please contact Xarthat.

As for Horde side, I shall oversee the resistance effort, along with my shaman brethren arriving from Maelstrom, and any adventurers joining us for this occasion.

If you think that Azeroth is worth saving, and if you think that you can put your differences aside for our world, contact the faction’s representatives, Karzhuk and Xarthat. Together, we shall safeguard our lands!

OOC: Hello boys and girls! I’m coming with a huge server-wide event to save Azeroth from a new batch of mysterious Azerite elementals. However, because I couldn’t find a way to make rolls between Horde and Alliance, I’ve split the parties. Xarthat was willing to take point on Alliance side.

For the people who will join, TRP is mandatory at this point, because I should track HPs.

Secondly, I suggest for all joining players to use DiceMaster, an addon for tracking hp, rolls and all sorts of stats. It also comes with a neat option of unit frames, so you can see the enemies I’m sharing with you in those things. Among with their HPs and what not.

If you’re interested in joining, please let me know. If you have any questions, don’t be shy about asking them. I’ll post the RP combat rules and other details here as time progresses.

The first gathering will happen on 15th June at 20:00 server time, and it will be a briefing, from that point, Xarthat and I will pick timings to lead you towards the fighting.

4 Likes

This kind of event is very new to me - so I have many questions! :yum:

But I think, they will all be answered, once I look into Dicemaster and once you post the RP combat rules :butterfly:

Alunaria needed to get a hold of Xarthat anyway, too!

2 Likes

Don’t ask me. I’m really just a figurehead. Karzhuk is the real boss here.

2 Likes

Well, if ya’ need a Quack t’ patch ya up. I’ll lend ya a hand.

If you need a front liner, I know just the bloke, Just… block yer ears and point him at the baddies.

2 Likes

I think my family situation has calmed enough now that I perhaps can contribute.
I have heard good things about you from people whose assessments I trust - with my life.

If my varied abilities can help, I would like to.

I want to be sure this endeavor has every possible skill available, though, so if a druid (or more than one) is already pledged on the Alliance team, I might let someone else participate in my stead. How experienced must one be to sign up?

…You better not get me killed…

(Ooc: Is there / will there be a level requirement? The zones - excepting the final ones - mentioned, are fine even below 60, if I recall correctly…
Edit: I’ll have to try TRP and DiceMaster, and see how my laptop handles them. Both are WoW addons, I assume?)

2 Likes

It should be safe. However, I suggest being at least 80, because there is a final fight.

3 Likes

If the Band is helping, then I will be there!

3 Likes

Alright! Here are the RP Combat rules!

For single target encounters;

1: 1 damage to yourself.
2-5: 1 damage to the marked enemy.
6-12: 2 damage to the marked enemy.
13-19: 3 damage to the marked enemy.
20: 5 damage to the marked enemy, plus, any overpowering damage can be distributed to remaining targets within range.

Multi-target encounters;

1: 1 damage to yourself.
2-5: 1 target killed.
6-12: 2 targets killed.
13-19: 3 targets killed.
20: 5 targets killed.

Defense;

1: 4 damage is taken, and either stunned or disabled for 1 turn.
2-5: 3 damage taken.
6-9: 2 damage taken.
10-13: 1 damage taken.
14-19: No damage is taken.
20: Counter attack. 1 damage on a single target, 1 kill on swarm targets.

Healing rolls;

1: No health provided, can’t heal next turn either.
2-5: 1 health provided.
6-12: 2 health provided.
13-19: 2 health provided, can be distributed among targets.
20: 4 health provided, can be distributed among targets.

In each region, there will be 2 encounters to tackle before a small boss fight. Once the boss of the region is dealt with, team will pass on to the next area.

For now, that is all. Let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

Are those roles per character (i.e. I’m a tank, you’re a healer, etc.) or per group, or something else?

2 Likes

A healer can choose to deal damage. But there is no designated healer in this mechanic. If a warlock decides to heal you with a healing salve, that counts as well.

But I’d stick to holy healing or natural healing over anything else :smiley:

2 Likes

Sounding good so far, nice n simple.

I’m curious as to what happens when we’re defeated (It might happen!)

So, i’m assuming at 0 health, i’m knocked out/down (Can’t fight, Basically)
Are we out of combat for:

• X Amount of turns.
  • Until we get 1 health, eg: :heart: 1/5 :heart:
  • Until Fully Healed
2 Likes

Party is considered defeated in an encounter when following happens.

• No healthy members standing to fight or heal.
  • Enemy has became unable to get killed due to some soft enrage mechanic (it can happen)

You’re out of combat when all enemies are down. At this rate, any party members that fainted can rejoin into the fray by having their 2 hp’s restored. The rest of the health points has to be refilled either by healers, or by innate abilities, such as a monk meditating quickly to rejuvenate itself, or a warrior gaining a second wind.

2 Likes

Noob question: How many HP do we start with when we are not injured?

2 Likes

You can start with a hp that’s min 5 and max 10. But 10 and 9 are special to taurens and sturdy classes.

I’d take it that a druid worgen would have 6 hp.

3 Likes

Someone make sure our healer doesn’t do anything stupid (he will).

1 Like

Just to make sure I don’t install something I don’t have to: MRP will not suffice for this? Does TRP have an HP tracker?
(I think Dicemaster does, too…)

2 Likes

TRP doesn’t have an in-built HP tracker, but you can put it in “currently” and it will show up. The only issue is it takes a second to change it.

Dice Master has an easily accessible and easily editable HP tracker.

2 Likes

Thanks Zyc, I’ll take the suggestion!

Yes Grawle, DiceMaster has a HP tracker. As for the TRP Extended, I am hoping to make some enemies talk and react by NPC talk function. Hope it will work with other RP programs.

Also, event is tomorrow, good peope of Sha’glade Cartel. It starts at 20:00 ST, which only will be a small briefing. Please do not forget your DiceMaster addons, for they are imperative for this event to work!

As for the meeting place: We shall meet at Deepholm, at the Temple of Earth. For 15th, there will be only a briefing, and after two weeks, there will be fights to connect up the plot. However, because I got hyped, I added way too much places, so there are only 2 locations to attack per faction. The details will be shared at the RP tonight, and I’ll add a logbook-ish thing to the forums just so you know where we left.

Xarthat and I will lead you separately after the briefing is done, and there will be a final fight at Northrend, so stay tuned! Rules will be shared by your respective GM’s.

3 Likes

MRP also has a ‘Currently’, and if I use that, I won’t have to rewrite all my profiles :wolf: (worgen smiley)

Not that my profiles are as long and thick and juicy as some people’s, but I have many

Another semi-important thing:

Has a location been chosen yet?

Edit: All my questions and points were answered or made irrelevant while I was typing :grin:

2 Likes

Yes indeed, our first meeting spot is to be Temple of Earth, in Deepholm. Don’t forget to bring your flasks to understand one another.

3 Likes