Safest Class for M+ puglife?

I am very much behind this expansion because… well life.
I still haven’t set my foot in a M+ in BFA, though I Loved it to the Max in Legion.

As pr usual, the spec’s I love is not the most wanted for keys :rofl: I really wanna get somewhere with M+ so I am looking to reroll.
While I have looked into MDI and Studied the leaderboards, I do not have a feeling about whether or not any of the classes is “overpopulated”.

Like, I don’t wanna roll a Resto Druid, if I am to compete with a million of them, for a spot.

I am ok with any role, except tanking (and this is only because I haven’t even tried M+ in BFA yet), and while I would prefer ranged, I don’t mind Melee either.

So simple question: what class/spec has the best chances, when you look to pug M+?

Since you don’t want to tank, getting a spot as healer is a whole lot easier than as DPS, I found. And people are more lenient with regards to your RIO score and progress.

I’ve had pretty good success as Mistweaver Monk.

1 Like

It’s not that I don’t want tanking, I just don’t dare :confounded: Community is pretty harsh if you don’t know what you are doing lol. Maybe once I learn the dungeons I will consider tanking

Rogue, dh, resto/balance druid as tank sperpektive i suggest monk you just need to know how to kite with it or when to

I think it’s better to play what you love than what you think will get you more quickly into groups. You’ll play better and have more fun. Unless you want to run keys substantially higher than +15, everything is fine and item level and RIO score usually matter more than your spec or class.

There certainly are classes and specs that are more sought after at all key levels, like rogues, prot warriors and and resto druids, but I’ve seen plenty of bears, resto shamans, melee hunters, and locks in keys in the +10-15 range. Players of non-FOTM classes and specs tend to play well and have fewer attitude issues in runs.

If you roll a different healer, you’ll still compete with resto druids, while also having a lower chance to get accepted. You’ll stand out more, though, if you are good. Make some friends along the way and you spec will matter less.

That IS the role that will get you groups more easily than any other. When I look in the tool, 95% of the M+ group listings up to +15 lack a tank. It’s very common to see groups with three dps and a healer. I don’t find it hard to find groups as a balance druid, but as a tank I’d have a lot more groups to choose from.

I totally understand the reluctance to tank, though. I’ve done quite a few M+, but I still only go as a boomkin or a resto druid (rarely these days) because I know the dungeons only from the ranged PoV and would probably still get lost in Waycrest Manor if I had to tank! I’ve collected tanking gear and actually love my bear, but I still shy away. I generally don’t fancy the idea of being a burden to the group.

I’m considering to start some “learning dungeons” M0 groups just to get over feeling too incompetent to tank. I used to bear-tank in WoD, but only with friends and a set raid group.

1 Like

Try a DH, you don’t even need a keyboard, you can do that with your 2 extra mousebuttons.

1 Like

If you roll a resto druid you don’t have to compete with other resto druids any more than compete with all healers in general. In fact, resto druid is currently considered one of, if not the best healers for M+, so it’s a very good choice for pugging. I find groups much faster than when I try to join as DPS.

But make sure you practice the dungeons on lower levels first, when it’s more forgiving.

In mythic+, dps is the easier role, but it’s harder to get into groups. Tanks and healers are the more demanding roles, but get into groups easier. Pick your poison.

And as for safe, it would still be a tank or a healer PROVIDED you’re good. As when you’re dps, it doesn’t matter if you’re the best player on earth if you got a jackass healer or a tank who wipe the group 24/7.

What I ment was if there was like a HUGE amount of druid healers in general.
you know, the aspect of what is “viable” is pretty narrow.

I just really wanted to know what of those specs, wasn’t too overpopulated… if that makes sense? Like, if there’s less rogues, or DH’s etc and which one of the popular spec’s would be the safe bet, also going into 9.0 hopefully… As I really like to go as far as I can and focus on M+ in general because it allows for a more “loose scedule” than raiding

Out of all the dps classes rogue is hands down the most wanted one. DH, mage, boomie, monk is are also sought after, SP to some extend as well. Just play what you like playing, if you don’t intend to go super high and hard into M+ almost all classes are viable.

1 Like

People still need to L2P it, I have come across a LOT of terrible resto druids, they just think “we’re OP” and that’s it.

It’s definitely not the easiest to play, but it’s so much fun and very flexible.

picked up tanking and found out that pugs are toxic regardless. If you (doing the hardest job) make a single mistake, they either rage quit or call you everything in their vocabulary. Oh they also do that if you don’t exactly run it the way MDI does or the way they want you to.

One with higher ilvl and rio rating :man_shrugging:

Ah, very constructive :lying_face:

Maybe read the first post? :partying_face:

I did. There is nothing specific in it, besides you are willing to re roll and you are OK to play healer or DD. What else am I missing? :face_with_monocle:

Someone already told you all classes are viable if you are not doing super high keys. And that being said - a 440 ilvl hunter has better chances then 410 ilvl feral druid, and for every 400 rio resto druid there will always be a 1200 rio resto shaman. Just pick a spec you are comfortable with and grind your way to success. :sunglasses:

What I ment with the post was to just ask which was best of the “to-go” classes to choose?
Like, it would make little sense to me to roll a Restodruid, if there in general are 36 groups listed with a rdruid, looking for a Rogue or a Boomie. Or that you can’t get any groups because there is just SO many DH’s to compete with.

The “to-go” classes/specs being so narrow as it is, I imagine that a WHOLE lot of players who wanna compete in the 20+ chooses those classes, but I see no place where I can actually see how those classes are devided in population.
I don’t really mind About FoTM right this minute, I am just looking to choose a class which isn’t insanely overpopulated, yet have a good chance to get invited later on as well… and preferably would be a good choice for 9.0 too

You won’t have problems with a resto druid, even though there are many, since it’s the healer most groups want. I don’t have difficulties joining pugs as boomie, though some groups don’t want a ranged at all. You get to do “fun stuff” like pushing back emissaries and de-enraging mobs. I think the probably most wanted damage dealer is the rogue (in large part because of Shroud, but it’s generally a very M+ friendly class).

As for 9.0, nobody really knows what class balance will look like. If you pick a hybrid, you’ll always have an option.

1 Like

Yes you can - https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-bfa-3/all/world/leaderboards-strict. You can filter by M+ levels, roles, dungeons and even affix combos.

And it’s only natural that there are a lot of people playing the “go to” classes. So you either pick such and compete with others or pick a non-go-to class and hope to someone wants your class in some very niche situation and/or specific strategy.

and

are contradictory statements. You either chose a “go to” class or non-overpopulated one. And as I already said all classes are viable unless you want to push super high. You should chose a class that you like the gameplay of, imo. But if you still want the best “go to” class then roll a rogue.

Well obviously I ment the least played out of those classes.

The reply

Is like if I asked how many Irish lives in Dublin, and you tell me that either you are Irish or you are not :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I believe that I have said quite a few times now that it IS my aim to take M+ as far as I can, and I doubt that I can take an Ench shammy, Feral Druid or Holy priest to the top - Being a solo player and all (I don’t have any friends who play wow)