Save PVP gearing in SL

It’s very simple.

If Versa is the go to stat like in BFA, remove it/reduce it highly on PvE gear, and increase it on PvP gear.

Also, make Arena gear ilvl the same as m+15 gear. so PvP gear will always be better in PvP due to the increased amount of vers on the pieces.

Edit: Having to PvE for 1 or 2 pieces to minmax is FINE, but you must not be forced to PVE to be competitive in PvP

12 Likes

Tank says no.

Just curious as it’s not really mentioned directly - What about WPvP? How would you like to see the two gear sets interact with eachother?

Like a Mythic Raider Vs 2.2k Arena player, should these be comparable in wpvp? How close would they come to eachother in terms of power?
Also how would the PvP gear compare in PvE?

It’s tricky. I feel like resilience did an alright job between the two but I was too inexperienced to understand the fine detail on how it functioned. I just assumed I should stack as much as possible but it’s nice having more freedom with our secondary stats I think and not being pegged down to Versa/Resilience.

1 Like

Resil was fine, but it’s gone sadly.

And like I said, the difference of versa between the 2 gear will naturally give the advantage to the Player wearing pvp gear compared to the pve one in Wpvp.

I wasn’t aware of the tanking gearing but apparently they need versa, so like I said, only reduce it, it needs to be a clear difference between pvp gear and pve one, so both are naturally stronger in their respective fields.

Bring back resilience… I am sick of Blizzard balancing things due to PvP screwing over PvE’ers, or vice versa.

6 Likes

I think everyone wants that, but I think they will never bring it back, that’s why I thought about this solution.

Cause I reallyyy feel like even with PvP vendors, they’ll find a way to make overall pve gear better, thus forcing me and other pvp players to pve thousands of hours over the expansion.

People asking for PvP stats seek a way to dominate people by gear and not by skills.

Real PvP player don’t need PvP stats = if you are a PvP player, you don’t need that to beat people in Shadowlands

We don’t want PVP stats to dominate without skills.

we NEED pvp stats so that there is a clear distinction, so that we are not forced to pve. I played overall 2months of BFA, and I HAD TO do more pve in those 2 months than in my entire life. Is it normal ? No.

PS: i see you need to worry more about your own skill, than what PvP players are asking gearwise. :wink:

they will bring it back in next expansion as a new feature

5 Likes

How about no :rofl:

2 Likes

What if they introduce Tier set pieces for PvP Gear?

if the gear sold from the PvP Vendors had Sets, this would introduce Effects entirely only balanced in PvP and wouldnt work in PvE enviroments as u can simply make them only effective in Arenas/Battlegrounds?

Perhaps. but I think it’s confirmed that they “don’t have plans to bring it back yet”

Honestly after they reworked lightning lasso and nerfed MW dps pvp talent I think we can all agree that pve stuff breaks pvp for no real reason.

Yeah, it would be the best if class design would enable this, but as it seems the devs are okay with the class designs for now…

They said sets will return in shadowlands, but only later in the expansion, not at start.

yeah I dont wanna wait 2 seasons before finally being able to gear myself through PvP. It needs to be fixed and ready for Season 1, day 1

4 Likes

why did they remove resilience in the first place?

Some good ideas but what rank for 15+ gear ?

They introduced versatility, a stat that was supposed to be pvp power and pvp resilience together iirc in WoD.

either like cata to wod, no rating required so everyone can “compete” with everyone.

Or 2.2k if you really want for some reason to put a rating barrier.

Back in bc or lk I think it made sense, but not anymore with how gear and PvP itself was treated in BFA, just let people, no matter their skill, fully gear themselves through PvP if they wanna pvp.

3 Likes

I dont do pvp but i really support the ones who getting vendors and gear back .
I do enjoy watching it and i did a little 5 v 5 in cata was a scream lost every game though 2 shamans and 3 mages who didnt have a clue.

2 Likes

I’d also like the elite gear to be 2.2k only, cause there’s nothing “elite” about 1.8k (or 2k, when they reduced it in season 13) But that’s not the topic