Scaling in dungeons is broken

Ok. It evens out when you hit max level so why are you so bothered?

Look at it as a kickstarter for newer players to be able to do dungeons without getting mauled and doing bad DPS (and getting kicked). It’s fine as it is.

Exactly. Any competent player knows this is just a minor set back which is fixed at max level.

I guess the alternative is to just go back to the previous system and play solo and wait hours for a dungeon :roll_eyes:

I’m actually not “so bothered”. I’m just pointing out a problem.

Does it make the game unplayable? No.

Should this happen? No.

People are not saying the game is trash and asking for a refund, beause of those (and if they do they’re dumb). But they should still be able to point out, if things aren’t optimal.

Yeah, but like this high level players are getting kicked, which isn’t optimal either.

I’m not asking for low level players to deal less damage than me. I’m just asking to deal comparable damage to them at a higher level.

2 Likes

Why are you having such a strong opinion on this Dtp? Who are you to say that the only thing that matters is max level? People have different opinions about what matters. And if something sucks and have bad design, we’re going to be vocal about it.

4 Likes

Because right now the leveling experience is perfect. I’m sorry but wow is no longer about leveling, wow is about endgame and has been for a while.

I am sick to death of reading the forums in the last week and seeing everyone complaining about contradicting things… leveling is too slow, leveling is too fast, dungeons are too hard, damage is too low, damage is too high, dungeons are too easy…

Just stop. Stop complaining about things that are a minor implication and only matter for a small period of time of the game.

Leveling has never been in a better state than it is now so i dont care if damage in dungeons is imbalanced for low levels, the fact that they’re no longer a chore or take hours to do is a godsend.

1 Like

Yet to experience this. and I’ve leveled 3 chars to 50 so far through doing just dungeons and a few WoD zones. The scaling is wonky, yes, but it’s expected. Plus I don’t remember anyone complaining about how Disc Priests have been able to be top damage as a healer for the majority of the leveling process since forever.

Leveling scaling will never be perfect, but there’s some things you just have to live with, and unless you’re wiping/dying, you shouldn’t be looking at a DPS meter in a leveling dungeon.

Why would you wait for hours? Leveling is revamped there’s a lot of people interested in leveling and doing dungeons. Just group people together in a range of 5 levels or something.

1 Like

well, thank god you are in no position to tell people what to do or not.

you dont care, others do, so now what?

5 Likes

Well considering in my previous point that NO ONE can agree on how they want the game to actually be played, you’ll have to accept this current iteration.

You all want something completely different from each other and keep screaming about it.

So not sure what you want or expect blizzard to do?

I don’t disagree. The new leveling is great in my opinion. But that shouldn’t mean that we should look away from flaws that exist.

Nothing will turn out perfect right away. The leveling right now is good, but I think it can still be improved in some aspects. But t hings don’t improve if you just ignore flaws and pretend you they don’t exist.

You should stop seeing other players as one person. Just because someone complained about x doesn’t mean everyone complains about x.

No one is screaming here. Just pointing out things that aren’t perfect yet.

2 Likes

except that this isnt the case.

we expect blizzard to balance the numbers. period.

2 Likes

This isnt the case? Ok so i guess people aren’t complaining that dungeons are too slow, leveling is too fast, leveling is too slow, damage is too high, damage is too low…

I’m seeing this constant trend of everyone contradicting each other over different threads.

So you tell me who is right? Because no one seems to align on anything.

Oh. and what if they cant balance the numbers? What if they cant balance low level dungeons and everything else? What then?

Then you’ll be sorely upset. If you’ve been playing the game for a while, you’d know that there’s no such thing as “perfect balancing”. The most enjoyable times of WoW for me was not when it was “perfectly balanced” but more it “felt fun”. Right now, it feels fun to level.

But people will still come to the forums to nitpick. Even the person complaining agreed that leveling right now has never been more enjoyable. We don’t live in a perfect world, deal with it

1 Like

Yes, it’s the level of entitlement complaining that is plagueing the forums recently. It needs to stop.

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean we can’t strive to improve it.

2 Likes

Thing is, when you muddy the waters for a company, how the hell can they see when something is well received or not, when all they’re faced with is constantly negative feedback.

Truly pathetic.

1 Like

Yes, i am bewildered at the amount of negative feedback Blizzard has gotten for adding a transmog to a wow shop…

Wow has one of the worst communities for complaining and selfishness.

Strive for perfection in your real life and your career. Not in a video game that is designed to have fun in.

1 Like

I expect blizzard to have more ways to tell if something is well received than just forum feedback.

I also expect them to be able to keep in mind that people are more likely to complain about things that are not great than pointing otu thigns that are good.

I think it’s much more “muddying” the water if we pretend everything is perfect, which it isn’t, just because we generally like the changes.

The leveling is good and quite fun right now, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved to be even better.