Screen shake on melee abilites

Just tried but nothing, not on my pc or laptop.

No idea what it is then :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have not yet managed to notice this, I tried looking :frowning:

It’s probably from slight char movements? If the char jumps into the attack the screen will move.

Quite some melee attacks and even some ranged ones do include a quick character movement animation - very obviously in some cases (e.g. the iconic backwards somersault on a Demon Hunters’ “Eye Beam”) and a lot more subtle in others (like slightly leaning into the shield and shifting the centre of gravity on a “Shield Slam”).

Actual screen shaking (outside a select few dungeon/raid-boss abilities) should however usually not happen, and if the effects that do occur are causing physical trouble like the previously mentioned headaches for anyone we’d very much love to hear about it!

3 Likes

Trying to avoid camera shaking is the reason why I don’t use a Razer Naga. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s annoying as heck.

There are some abilities that move your character, like Veadsarias mentions, but if the game appears to be moving your camera or character around on Mortal Strike and things like that, there’s something wrong.

Or maybe you’re using an action cam mod?

It might be an optical illusion, or something with your graphics card not working properly. However, I’d advise you read the blue comment in here.

Edit: read comment #22. I can confirm this shake happens as well with Crusader Strike.

I tried to make a video of it, you can see small shakes whenever the abilities hit the dummy, especially around the 3 second mark.
Like I said, it’s subtle but rigid.
https://gfycat.com/hopefulsorrowfulalaskajingle

I’m not sure if the OP is talking about this but this is what I see, the camera doesn’t follow the character when he attacks, it just shakes.

1 Like

No. I can’t. Your mind is probably making it up.

Look at the very edge of the screen. If the camera was shaking, you would expect that shaking to appear as the pixels on the edge changing or wiggling or something.

They don’t.

Did you make the video HD? I don’t see it when it’s small, I just look at the target name and it moves.

I might be seeing things but to me it definitely moves.

Took it from my 15" 1080p display and put it on my 27" 4K display - and yes, I can see it.

That’s the action cam for sure. Something, somewhere, is turning it on and making it extremely subtle. I cannot replicate it on my own install.

Try deleting your config.wtf file (not the whole .wtf folder, that shouldn’t be needed)

1 Like

It’s not my mind making it up :stuck_out_tongue: After telling my friend and letting him see it on his screen he confirms it too. I also found a post in 2018: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/anyway-to-disable-screen-shaking-on-melee-abilities/55143

my video, look at the left torch how it “moves” now and then

It’s very subtle as i mentioned, but since very small “shakes” causes me nausea I wish to remove it.

Strange, I see it on the video but can’t see it in my own game on any graphical setting on multiple screens including 4k.

Very annoying though I’ll agree on that one.

1 Like

Look my video :slight_smile:

Weird Nagrash… Many its my screen? :S but then again its on certain abilites and not all…

Yeah, definitely seeing that.

Get that **** outta here Blizz!

1 Like

Can confirm that this happens as well.

1 Like

Wow I never noticed this before. But now I can confirm that the screen shakes on pretty much all Unholy DK melee abilities :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok good im not insane hehe

Oh wow, that’s worse than mine is :open_mouth:

It’s still there in Shadowlands alpha…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.