Seal of Command vs Seal of Martyr in PvP

Hello folks,

I’ve been trying to figure out which one is better overall in PvP, SoC or SoM? I’m talking about if it’s worth taking SoC as a talent point, if SoM is just better?

Can someone explain more about the rotation I see people mention as I have yet to understand it.

Thanks for all advice I can get! Take care

Is it not worth using both seals together in pvp?

Martyr self damage component makes it not always usable and having Command is a nice safety net.

You can have both seals active at the same time for a very short duration. When you change the seal, the one that was active first will still be active for about 0.2 seconds when the new seal is already up. If you time it right and both seals are on exactly when you swing your weapon, then your auto attack benefits from both seals. This technique is called seal-twisting because you change your seals for every auto-attack for maximum dmg. You might need an swing timer addon and some practice with the timings.

You can use SoC rank1 to save mana (rank1 proc does the same dmg than max rank, only the judgement gets stronger with increased rank).
Start with SoC and twist into SoM --> The auto attack plus the SoC proc will both deal the SoM dmg. You get 4 dmg numbers from one weapon swing.
It would also work with SoR but SoR scales better with Spellpower than SoM.

Even if you don’t want to seal twist because it’s too complicated ore too mana intensive, you might want to get SoC anyway, it’s just one point.

Seal Twisting is doable in a PvE environment where the target is tanked in a defined spot.

In PvP between GCD and ppl doing their best not to have you freely attack them is better to focus on the burst window you have and go for the seal/judgement that gives more benefit. Especially in Arenas where LoS too is a huge component I don’t think any competent enemy would let you exploit Seal Twisting.

That said, I’d still go with both as Judgement of Command on a stunned/asleep target deals considerable damage without any backfire.

Seal twisting is also doable in PvP but it’s obviously a more difficult but it can make a huge difference.

Is it not a .4 second window inatead of a .2 second window?

0.5 seconds of both seals active iirc.

Should get rid of twisting completely and just make CS proc seals like WotLK.

I’m becoming really good at twisting but I don’t find it enjoyable, actually the playstyle makes me want to quit and just wait for wrath.

I find it entertaining considering that even with CS you still have some dead moments where you just wait for your weapon swing. It adds some flavor and adds distinction between Paladins’ skill level (at least in timing).

1 Like

Yeah, easily 30% distinction between rets who can tunnel vision a swing bar and those who can’t.

Things like twisting and powershifting, encourages the min/max meta that is turning classic into a terrible experience.

Well then also rotations and rage/mana management encourage the min/max meta.

It’s just a way for a player to improve his performance by getting use to their swing timer, I don’t see any harm in it, yours seems more an excuse for wanting things just to be more streamlined for every1.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.