Seals, holy wrath and exorcism

You guys think we’ll see paladin becoming little more “complex” like it used to be? Like getting the seals back, holy wrath, exorcism, all the fun stuff? Maybe holy shield for protection?

6 Likes

A revised Seal/judgement system, taking into account the current gameplay design, would surely help the class out!!!

After Legion Paladins felt more like D3 Crusaders, and while the old Seal/judgement system was not anything groundbreaking, or complex, it sure made the class more unique, and if given enough attention into a more refined new design it will surely make the Paladins feel like Warcraft Paladins again.

4 Likes

I can’t stand playing paladin, it was my favorite class first 3 expansions, but this holy power thing, and no mana management for prot, makes it so dull.

Holy is the only fun spec.

2 Likes

would love to see it. Especially holy shield. Teh new talent shield replacement is freaking useless… what i would love to see is beacon of light being overhauled.
this spell is so frekaing stupid. When u die u have to reapply it to the raid member, plus u get a light bulb above youir head making u look like an idiot. Holy ligt being the more mana efficinet version of flash light i dislike a lot. Id rather have another useful alternative.
for now holy paladins feel like flash of light spam bots that drop a holy shock in from time to time.

mana managment has not been an issue for ages now. u generally do not run oom anymore in this game. would be nice to have that mechanic back of course.

1 Like

Seals at the end was a buff you put on and sometimes changed.
Seals at the start were the only real thing you could do so was not really fun it was just something you did.
Do i miss seals yes but i also understand why they removed them.
Holy wrath and exorcism were changed so many times it was very clear that there was no real way to actually balance them in the toolkit.

Was these spells fun that is relative and it is easy to think they were fun because you had fun in the time when they where in the game.
That does not necessarily mean the spells were fun it might just mean you did not know better at the time, but you enjoyed the spec so you think the mechanics were why it was fun there are many factors into what fun is.
Also what is Fun for one person is not Fun for another person

It’s not “just something you did”.

Seal of wisdom was for mana generation, seal of light for when you needed survival, seal of command (in wrath) for aoe. Every seal had a use, and overall rotation was more fun because you had mana and had to think about it.

I understand some people find it more fun to just smash buttons like in an action game, but they pulled out all the thinking out of paladin, you just use things on cooldown and spend holy power.

3 Likes

Game tends to get more simplified and try to be more balance with the other classes. The talent system as it is now is something i was never fond also the changes in the uniqueness of each class. The seals and exorcism and the auras was a trademark to the paladin class and i do want them to come back.

2 Likes

That’s true.

Not really. You had both Divine Plea and judgement gave you back all the mana you needed. Rotation was dull and you could macro rotation into one castsequence macro without any dps loss. Until they added Holy power there was nothing complex nor fun about our rotation.

You used light if you needed hp wisdom if you needed mana seal of blood/command for damage as long as you could take the downside and for the most part, it was fine.
This is literally just something you did.

On the had mana so you had to think about it no it was nothing to think about it was clear as day what you would do at all times in PvE it was nothing special about it.

And here you show how ignorant you are of how the holy power system is.
just smashing buttons will royally F you up on dps.

As unlike mana with wisdom holy power is a finite resource, you will only get X amount in the time period of the fight, then you got procs and other things to increase that number but you also need to spend them if you overcap holy power you can Never Get that holy power back in the fight.

This is why just smashing buttons will make you a bad retri paladin no matter what you simply will not be able to get the same amount of holy power spenders out on the target.

• Exorcism
    Who really wants the most Important range filler to be a spell which can be reflected, grounded, unable to use while silenced or interrupted on holy and immune on cloak of shadows or anti magic shell?
    Blade of Justice is way better . It can be stoped by way fewer abillitys and it can be used against many others. For example through evasion,die by the sword etc.
  • Seals
    Nothing interesting about this. You press a global to maintain a self buff to proc attack, give mana-health , slow ,apply damage or run faster.
    Boring non supporting abillitys who no raid leader ever needed to have in a raid or pvp, the uniqueness of seals never locked a spot in groups for retri specc. Also using globals to maintain this buffs becomes boring after a few hours. Yes its boring to press a button to get a chance proc effect or a buff. Who cares if you tryhard seal swap dancing if all this input is useless on the main purpose of the group,just because you want to live the classic retri dream on solo killing elites after 15 min fight in Burning Steppes while you listening an 24hour uplifting paladin mix on youtube.
  • Holy wrath
    Can make it back maybe as an aoe talent for Retri , it had a nice visual.

This game is about group pvp or pve , the specc needs to have abilities to support the whole group on killing or surviving. At the moment retribution specc has alot of this abilities for group pvp. After legion, retri participated alot more in 3v3 and rbgs and that is the most important thing for me because all the previous expansion i was sitting afk unable to find group for things i wanted to do.

2 Likes

honestly op, i feel you brother.
I truly do. But i think if you want to keep playing retail you have to adapt to the changes made. I havent played Bfa for almost half a year now and instead went back to wotlk and mop private servers.
I mean the difference is just too big now to play retail wow, BfA, with the mindset of old wow. Its a new game. Look at it as wow2.
If you can let go of the fantasy you might find yourself enjoying the game a bit more again. (yes i love the old classes more)
Look at paladins not as wc3/wotlk/mop paladins, but as crusaders from ds3. Because thats essentially whats happened when the Diablo devs worked on legion.
Spells got removed, renamed, animations and sounds got changed. Its a different game now.
We have to accept that the new devs have their own fantasies even if its not the wow we used to know.
You, me and others who “miss” the old things have to learn to move on. I learned it by taking a break and just taking a different approach and point of view to retail.

2 Likes

One who decided to change exorcism for that idiotic blade from the ground…i hate you

2 Likes

I personally don’t hate the person who decided to make this change even though I prefer Exorcism over Blade of Justice. I just wish they atleast added a glyph to change Blade of Justice into Exorcism. It would’ve been a thoughtful gesture from them. I miss it. :frowning:

1 Like

It’s depends on how old the system your talking about. BC seals/judgment system was surprisingly flexible. You had your buff to keep eye on, debuff type to use on the enemy, and your secondary abilities to use against enemy. Having all three working in conjuctions, previously, allowed paladins to adapt to any situation. For example prot pal was able to solo, many group quests in BC by just spamming AoE and refill mana/hp with combination of Seal buff/judge debuffs. Retro pal, belf would use SoB+the debuf for extra holy power, and so on. Same would do the prot when target has low dmg and you need to speed up grinding process.

Been playing since Vanilla, I never found the Seal/Judgement system groundbreaking, but it was a flavorful system for sure, and it could get improved and make a comeback in the next expansion.

1 Like

You can pretend retribution is difficult and complex if you want, but since you’re being rude and arrogant, I’ll just put it plainly. Retribution as it is right now, is easiest and simplest spec in game, that anyone can play with ease.

There’s nothing complex about holy power, absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

Because it was more complex before ? I mean you’re serious ?

I don’t think he tries to argue that the old seal/judgement system was more complex than the holy power one.

I think we are all advocating the idea that the old system has potential to be more complex than the current holy power one, if it is revamped according to the current game design.

Also the old system is much more thematic towards the paladins of old warcraft lore, than the current one that is direct rip off from the crusaders of diablo 3.

No. I give it 2 more expansions at best for that to happen, but with the current retarded designs, no way something good will happen again. It’s a sad thing that we have to wait till Classic for it to happen.

2 Likes