Searing nightmare

Greeting fellow priests.
Ive been running searing nightmare in m+ for better Aoe.
Sometimes i find myself in doubt wether to dump all my insanity into SN or cast DP.
Is there a treshold I can aim towards?

SN when its more than 2 adds

SN on 4+ definately, 3 is the fence so sometimes you’re better falling one way sometimes the other

Idk why you necro a month old thread. But you SN at like 7 mobs. SFP is godlike and as such no need to use SN unless its 6-7 or more mobs.

Ye i use sfp now aswell.
Thanks for the reply anyhow

I mean… SFP and SN aren’t mutually exclusive. There are numerous keys where you use both.

SN beats DP at 3 targets outside of Voidform, 4 inside voidform, but on packs of roughly 4 mobs there’s generally a priority target that makes casting DP more worth than SN anyway. Mind Blast and SWD to trigger rifts take priority over searing to cast SN until 8 targets.

Searing nightmare should be baseline so s priests have an actual aoe ability.

Multidotting is NOT aoe.

no SN should be removed and Mind Sear buffed. We have an AOE Spell. its just utter garbage

How about none removed and both buffed specially MS and make shadow broken as broken as mages?

But nobody can be a mage right? :laughing:

How do you balance it against mind flay then? Casting sear even on st? :thinking:

The question of flay Vs sear has plagued shadow basically forever. I wish I had a solution, but yes you can’t outright buff mind sear without changing it mechanically.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.