Season 4 M+

No nerfs to Prot wars
No nerfs to Restro druid
No further nerfs to rogue

Enjoy your usual 1 War 1 Dru 3 Rog boring combination for the rest of the expansion. Have fun with MDI, might as well just click that replay button.

10 Likes

Don’t be so sure, the new affix actually allows any group to skip packs if they plan for it. And given you have to kill all of the general mobs, skipping for the sake of rushing to the end is not legit, as these packs must be dealt with, forcing the obelisk mechanic to be used.

Can’t speak for druids and wars but I imagine rogues will become less dominant due to this, as shroud isn’t the godsend ability it is currently against this affix. I mean shrouding tide packs with nasty mobs (the pre sporecaller pull in UR during teeming weeks) is a good example of this.

Prot Warrior was nerf in 8.2
Resto is doing fine, the rest are below average and need to come to Resto Druid level.
Outlaw Rogue was nerf in 8.2

I’ve never seen 3 Rogues, I did see 2, though.
Honestly I only feel like I can’t get into groups on my Ret Paladin alt, not because they are bad, they really are not, I’m not sure why.
I don’t agree with some nerfs on 8.3 notes, I must say.

3 Likes

Unless you’re planning on doing very high level keys, why does it even matter? Any class can do 10’s.

5 Likes

Why buy Ferrari? unless you want to race your VW Golf will do just fine.

5 Likes

I think there’s a difference between balancing for the 0.1% of the playerbase that does mythic high keys that will also affect every other activity such as pvp, raiding, and everything else, and buying a ferrari example of yours.

3 Likes

Class imbalance is not only visible on mythic levels, it’s just false belief.
You can feel the difference everywhere.

2 Likes

To be frank I agree with you regarding rogues, I feel with the new affix maybe it will lead to lesser rogues. However we still need to see.

However prot warriors & Resto Duds. I think they need to do something about them.

So tired of hearing this.

What does it mean that any class can do a 10? Any class can do a 20 key too. You have to go to 23+ to distinguish between whats possible (has been done) and what hasnt. Anything other than that is simply a matter of effort.

Is it fine if a rdruid+pwarr/brew+rogue+rogue+x has to do 1 effort, whereas disc+veng+surv+enh+affli has to do 10 effort?

1 Like

Why is it only balancing for the top 0,1%?

Does it not affect people doing weekly 10?

Because the things people struggle with in a weekly 10 are not fixed by nerfing druids, it is fixed by playing better.

8 Likes

mythic+ dungeon runs is a very limited activity that involves 5 classes at most. Which provides limited utility at hand to do the most of it.

So there will always be a class better than others in any role required. That’s unavoidable.

You NEED shroud to skip adds. You NEED tanks to deal massive damages which is why prot is so strong, while others just won’t do on high keys.

You can’t fix these things by nerfing or buffing classes, simply because they offer something that the dungeon needs, while in a general sense, those traits aren’t what’s making those specific classes OP.

Adding affixes such as the new 8.3 affix was the answer. To reduce the viability of the rogues instead of just nerfing them directly.

Instead, you’re asking for a buff or a nerf to a race that will not only affect mythic+, but everything else as well. Not a good idea at all.

1 Like

That makes no sense.

Why would you tell a player of a bad spec to l2p, when a rdruid/rogue of same caliber would be fine?

1 Like

Because they are not, simple as that, if a healer cant keep up with damage healing on a MW in a +10 using a druid with the same equivalent of items will not help much.

1 Like

Going your way, if disc priest struggles to heal damage on m+15 then rdruid won’t help him achieve this ? This is whole reason for meta classes, they are making things easier and possible.

yes cause chances are the disc priest is struggling because a group is taking a lot of unnecessary damage, it is true the that the disc priest will struggle more with it because they work best when expecting the damage, but if your dps are taking a lot of damage they should not that is the thing to fix, not the class.

1 Like

You dont understand the reasoning.

The power gap between a mw and a rdruid isnt necessarily massive. It all depends on affixes and group composition.

Maybe try healing a fortified grievous week as disc with classes that dont have much dmg mitigation nor self-healing.

Besides, maybe the druid was in a group with a rogue and could skip a hard pack that the mw group had to wipe on. You simply have to look beyond the case-by-case basis and grasp the fact that m+ is considerably easier for certain comps. Why would you not strive to achieve (more) balance? :expressionless:

So why people are taking only rogues, dh, prot, rdruids to m+ 10 and above? i thought every class can do +10 just fine, why are they declining people who are playing non meta classes?

because they are pugs and pugs will always align with the mdi meta cause they somehow think it applies to their 10s which is quite frankly hilarious and sad but not much more.

It is why I play with a guild and never have a single problem.

As for the balance, yes more balance is nice but the idea that nerfing druids or whatever class somehow fixes the problems peopel have in a +10 is naive to the extreme and has been proven wrong with every single patch where the power of classes shifted.

5 Likes

Any pair of legs can make few kilometers so why bother with transport right?

3 Likes