Season 4 M+

There are plenty of things they could do to make specs more balanced for m+. I talked extensively about this in another thread, but tldr:

There’s many changes they could do to address specs in m+ without making a big impact on other areas of the game, such as blade flurry, sunfire for rdruid, typhoon/vortex cd (rdruid desperately needs a nerf in pvp too), shroud cd, gouge cd, let penance spread ptw to more mobs (either with talent or baseline).

They could implement lots of talents to help tune classes do better/worse in both raids and m+. Its nothing but laziness from blizzard. Actually disgusting how passive blizzard have been in this regard, and how incapable they are of implementing the slightest of changes.

Till ~+16 it was fine for me after that i realy struggle to get into groups. I always have to play my own key because most of the time i get rejected because i’m a resto Shaman. If i ask them why they cancle me the most common answer is that they need a druid. I accept this if they already have 4 Players and need the CR but if the group is at 2-3 players is dont get why you would need a RDruid. Yesterday i saw some groups with 1 people forcing Rdruids. Thats totally stupid. I have nearly 1900 io and always get declined for +17. I have every Key atleast at +16 and some +17 and one +18. How shall i push score if the majority of the playerbase plays that way? I mean i usually play my own Keys but sometimes you get unlucky and fall behind. I had a +18 Tol Dagor this week for example. Tol Dagor could be one of the hardest if not the hardest Dungeon this week because the bloodmanagement is rly hard. So i played it onetime and we wiped before Boss 3 with 9min left. 1 dd left so my Key is +17 and again Tol Dagor because i couldnt finish.

Druid should get some dmg nerfs for aoe so some mdi groups wouldnt choose them. This would lead the majority of the playerbase to choose other healers beside them. Sure this isnt the only strenght. If more dds with cr are choosen, more other healers would be accepted too.

The power of classes havent shifted…at all. And thats kind of the problem.

Some people may never be able to do a 10. Some people may not be able to do a 10 if their class gets nerfed.

You just have to stop this retarded “10 so easy everything is fine :heart:”-mentality. There are so many things they could do to help address the situation. Defending the state of m+ is quite frankly hilarious and sad but also very very dumb.

I am not defending the state of m+ at all but the idea that class imbalance is the thing affecting the +10 players to that high of a degree is frankly either sad or people desperately looking for excuses.

I do not mind them changing up the balance at all, what I do mind is someone spreading the idea that being a druid or not is somehow the reason a +10 gets done in time or not cause if you fail a 10 there is a million things going wrong that have nothing to do with the class, but it is obviously much easier to say “Oh yeah we failed cause I am not the op class” simply because that shifts the blame and prevents you from having to admit that maybe you just did not play it right.

2 Likes

someone else already came up with another example like you and i explained. be original next time.

Highest keys are being run with Monk, druid, rogue, dh and the last dps is interchangeable.
Only place where prot druid 3 rogues is meta is the mdi, unless you play MDI you wont have to care a bit about it.

We’re not the ones bringing +10 into the picture. Alexima (and pretty much every other person on this forum) has the “can do 10 all is fine” go-to reply whenever this discussion comes up. And its getting both tiresome and silly at this point.

right…XD

:man_facepalming:

Try reading further up. But yes, glad to know you’re just what I expected :slight_smile:

I did, and if you try reading you notice that I did not take issue with the introductory post or anything below it up to the point where you boldly claimed that it affects +10.

which is what I said I take issue with a bit later on since that seemed to be unclear :slight_smile:

You say that brew monks are 0 effort class in M+ ? You know overall brews are one of the least played classes, their representation goes higher the keys do. So should we nerf brew monks (and whoever) just because you do not play one ?

It’s not that bad as a ret if you have the skills and the build for it you can do great dps and even top it but not if you don’t follow the rotation.

The fact you wasted the name worgen on a gnome offends me

Also im not much of an elitist, heck im struggling to do the keystone achievment of doing every +15 in time through pugs, but class balance doesn’t affect +10 much, i have done it as marksman hunter and even healed it as Shammy at one point ( im not good as shammy )

I replied to Alexima, asking for him to confirm that m+ balance is only relevant for the top 0,1%. Which he didnt respond to yet. Although he did go on to say that certain specs are pretty much mandatory or heavily favoured in m+ (which is the issue at hand).

Imo m+ balance doesnt only affect the top 0,1%, nor only people doing weekly 10. Its quite simple: It affects everyone doing m+.

And unlike pvp where certain specs/comps benefit more the higher skill level you are, the same cannot be said for m+. The correlation between skill and performance is very linear for all specs, and sadly the threshold where skill can distinguish players performance in a meaningful way is far too low, but thats another debate.

In other words: rdruid, rogue, dh, pwarr/brew are way too effective across the board, not just for +25. And there are many things that could be done to help balance without impacting other areas of the game.

But seemingly the players dont want that. How fortunate for blizzard :four_leaf_clover:

Outlaw still do insane aoe so doubt anything change in current meta comps.

You didn’t answear to anything, class imbalance works everywhere, no matter if it is +2 or +20. Picking better classes you increase your odds, so why wouldn’t anyone increase success chance?
ht tps://bestkeystone.com/#/specs
If you invite holy priest instead of resto druid, you gimp your group, you can do just fine with both, but probability of “doing fine” is quite different. 68% vs 57%
You can also invite affliction warlock (50% success) or outlaw (70% success). Both viable, so why prefer latter over former, right?

1 Like

I told you to read what i said but you obviously didn’t.

So here’s the simplified version.

The world of warcraft doesn’t revolve around mythic+. There are other contents too. Like raids. PVP and lots of other activities for different classes. Mythic+ has a 5 man limit, which makes it so that with any type of balancing, one class will be better than the rest and it’s unavoidable. Things are doable for all classes on normal keys. It’s only with very high lvl keys that you feel the difference.

You don’t balance the whole game around high level keys.

The good option is what blizzard did. Introducing the new affixes that does the job of the shroud, making rogue’s existence not a mandatory thing anymore.

The bad thing is what you people want. Nerf this, buff that, do this don’t do that.

This thread has M+ in title name

Just like 5k doable on own legs instead of car

THere are 3 specs with shroud, they show quite different results, so it’s not all about shroud.

In short your parroting same bs you think vialbe enough for answear while many other players do not.

No, it does not really impact people in lower keys. Not according RIO statistics.

1 Like

So if i post a thread about island expeditions and how good frost mages can aoe damage it and ask for a nerf, and then someone tells me wow doesn’t revolve around islands, you’ll say the same thing there?

you’re hopeless.

And mage has 3 specs with iceblock. 3 specs with frost nova. 3 specs with a shield and 3 specs with a blink. Doesn’t mean one spec won’t be better than another.

I’m not wasting more time with you. You’re rude, annoying and basically a waste of time to discuss with.

Goodbye.