Selfless Healer or Healing Hands?

I see palas using both, what would you recommend?

I speak with PvE in mind.

Healing Hands.

Selfless Healer… you’ll know when big dmg is coming after you learn the fights and can use the instant flash at the right time, they stack up pretty fast and if needed after you still have the possibility to use WoG.

Basically it’s free healing as opposed to WoG costing resources you could have used to deal dmg.

Yes, it’s free, and useless, you ain’t saving anybody with that garbo heal.

If you get to the point where you need to stop DPSing and heal, you better be having a good emergency heal.

It hits/crits for 10-40k easily during combat… you don’t have a clue.
And you can followup with a WoG right after if needed.

It’s most useful to keep yourself topped too, without much cost, as opposed to WoG which eats a possible TV/DS.
l2p

Aha 40k ye sure, now imagine how a spell with twice the potency and an extra 100% modifier would heal.

You either go Healing Hands and basically have a Lay on Hands that costs 3 Holy Power or you go with Selfless Healer and have a free heal that will not save you or anybody else.

Thank God you are here to enlighten us all with your experience in +15s, we are so lucky to have the best Retrib EU to help us.

Thanks for the tip nobody would have ever imagined such complicated strategy.

Yes it’s so useful spending a GCD on Flash of Light and then having to use WoG anyways because the first did absolutely nothing and you die anyways.

Would be so nice if you could somehow top up your or somebody else’s HP with a single cast…hmmm…

Thanks very useful tip as well, I will follow your advice Paladin God.

It depends on what you plan on doing Selfless healer is great for self healing without much effort while healing hands are better for group healing however Healing hands costs holy power and therefore means you do less dps while selfless healer is just getting free healing for the cost of a gcd.

Fixed that for you.

Would be nice if you actually just took a look at abilities sometime that is the prot one and ret one is capped at 100% has been from BFA.
It also is only 100% increase if the target is lower than something like 10% (do tell me if i am wrong on the % it is the one i remember it as) It scales meaning you do not get that 100% normally you are lucky to get 50% unless you are saving someone from actual death aka something that the healer should have been able to deal with.

The difference between the two is mostly that one is for other people and the other is more for yourself.

You sacrifice a gcd and BIG damaging ability just to cast WoG while you just sacrifice a gcd for the flash heal one.

The difference in healing of a flash heal and a word of glory baseline is about 30%.

This is not the first time you say something like that yet your account has not even done any mythic dungeons at all.
You are hiding behind a low level alt and say those things you have shown time and time again you do not understand or know how retribution paladin works in the first place.

You are right on the number, wrong on the idea.

The point is that Healing Hands saves lifes, while Selfless Healer does not, there is no debate about that.

Numbers don’t lie, ignorant humans do to cover their mistakes and their small epeens.

No, the difference is what I said above.

Ok.

Ah okay so me posting from a forum alt means any of my points is meaningless? So being right or wrong and having or lacking knowledge is not about what you say, is about the avatar in your profile, good to know.

The IRONY in that you of all people say that it is the most laughable things i have seen today.

You are the one who say that.

Again you are the one who are making this claim you are the one who are saying this.

No it does not, not if the player is dead like it will be in higher mythic dungeons.
It can save life so can selfless healer.

just straight up wrong it does save lives.

Intresting how there is no debate while you are trying to be in it right now.

And that is why you are provable wrong.
Selfless healer will save your life and others, healing hand can save others but it is a BIG sacrifice to do so and if you have a healer in the group that means something either went wrong or the healer could not heal the damage.

With Selfless healer you can big heal someone instantly for no holy power and if required you also have WoG healing but you normally do not need it. Healing hands require you to have holy power to be spending holy power meaning your dps is lower in the run meaning you wont kill things meaning you will need to heal more meaning you wont kill things even worse.

Both works both has its places but saying something as bad as what you are saying is very bad take on the whole thing.

The facts about the 2 abilities is that they both has their uses saying one is useless like you are doing is just a very bad idea.

Flash of Light - 8120 X 40% = 11368
Word of Glory - 10932 is up to 100% based on HP, if you’re at 50% it’s 16396
If you’re at 10% it’s + 90% = 20770

This is fake news:

WoG doesn’t have twice the potency and the extra % modifier is based on HP. If you don’t wait until the last second like a noob, you can better benefit from Selfless Healer.

Selfless Healer doesn’t cost resources, you top yourself on every occasion, to prepare for a dmg phase or if you’re topped you do it after to recover.
If needed you can use WoG as a followup if you’re still low(if it’s needed) and exceed the healing that a Healing Hands WoG would have.

What do you do with WoG? Yeah you can’t top yourself before a dmg phase without losing resources. You’re losing dps like a noob.
Selfless Healer allows you to be more in control of your own HP and others if needed, without much cost to yourself and if needed you can toss an instant WoG right after… amazing, right?

Once you learn the fights you can easily see where you need to use Selfless Healer to top yourself.

So no… Selfless Healer is the better choice, it has less of a dps cost than Healing Hands.
If you want to tank your dps take healing hands, if you want to do more healing you also take Selfless Healer because you can stack instantly a WoG after.

You also can do with Selfless Healer the following:

• cast Selfless healer on X target and then
  • follow up with WoG on Y target and save them both

Often you need to delay by 1-2 seconds the death of someone for the healers to get to them, Selfless Healer is a lot more malleable.
You also wouldn’t use WoG on a 10% hp target in the first place, you’d go for Lay on Hands.

So tell me mister furry… how do you keep yourself up with Healing Hands in PVE?
Oh yeah… you can’t without losing a crap-ton of dps.

Healing Hands is 1 and done deal a big heal sure… but not as big as what the forums would tell you it is, you need 3 HP after to do another, which you probably won’t have as you have already spent 3.
With Selfless Healer you can use the free flash of light and then WoG… it adds up to more healing than Healing Hands when you combine them IF necessary.

I’m just gonna ignore personal attacks because this isn’t going anywhere, the only reason I replied to this post is to help the OP pick the best choice, not to start stupid discussions with people who have no clue what they are talking about, so back to the arguments.

Yes it does, if you actually played with it you would know.

Let’s put an example from S3, +25 Fortified Mists, You do big pull at the start, kill Wo and skip to the pack before the first boss, DPS mess up and bring both enemies to 50% HP at the same time so they start rampaging at the same time.

2 DPS have defensives, 1 DPS and healer don’t.

Flash of Light will maybe compensate 1 tick if you have 4 Selfless Healer stacks, but it will be useless for the next ones and people will die.
Now, if you have Healing Hands you save 5 HP and cast WoG, Judgement, WoG, Wake of Ashes, WoG. And guess what, those WoG will actually heal enough to save whoever needs it and prevents a wipe.

Tell me how Selfless Healer would save lives there when it’s just a single cast that barely moves healthbars.

I wasn’t, I’m just trying to prevent you form misleading people into bad choices.

Yes because everyone dodges everything, uses cooldowns at the perfect time and mistakes never happen, especially in pugs.

A random player would never misuse a cooldown, nope, never gonna happen.

That was fun.

In PvP maybe it has it’s places but this is PvE question by the OP.

Also I never said it’s useless in general, what I’m saying is that it’s worse than the alternative so there is no reason to use it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.