Sepharim or Holy Avenger?

Hi Pallies,

Which is the best talent oevrall? I mainly do BGs and some arena, but also like to do d a little dungeons and raids.

Just wondering what would be better. I like Sepharim, but the it feels like it slows down a burst window, having to get 3 HP and all, follwed by another 3 hp for ExS and then again for TV. It is long winded.

I prefer Divine Purpose in that row

2 Likes

+1 for Divine Purpose… Seraphim slows too much the rotation down, at least with Inquisition i could extend it whenever i wanted, it had more versatility(+procced Selfless Healer even using 1 HP :slight_smile: ).
And Holy Avenger… cooldown is big enough that i absolutely hate it.

With Divine Purpose it smooths out the rotation and is also versatile since i can use it on WoG as well, as an emergency heal.

2 Likes

seraphim is the best for single target dps paired with final reckoning +execution sentence. without execution sentence talent, Seraphim is losing value…Its pretty consistent and output is great (while tunning still sucks for us :D)… its by far the hardest build to play, and probably one of harderst melee dps builds overall. Its very possible the seraphim will become very strong with Crusade, later on in shadowlands, but its still questionable.

I’m not liking either of them tbh.

Seraphim is too short and so telegraphed and still on the GCD plus it costs Holy Power, and its really easy to buy yourself 5+ secs vs Paladin once every 45 secs which is more than enough to counter act any extra damage they gain from it. In PvE however Seraphim works well but so does the other choices.

Holy Avenger is abit better in my opinion it is faster to get value off it and its not on the GCD plus its 20 secs instead of 15 so a bigger window to get value off it. For PvE its another burst cooldown that works.

Divine Purpose is however my perfered talent for pretty much all scenarios, it lets you setup burst windows every now and than and its not as telegraphed as the other two and it keeps Paladin as a threat through out the fights and just not during cooldowns and Paladins that rely on their cooldowns all the time is pretty easy to defend against.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys. I love the fact you are all saying DP, since it was my go to in bfa!

1 Like

Divine purpose for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seraphim and Holy Avenger are both good on demand burst talents for PvP. But overall Divine Purpose shine for basically every situation.

1 Like

I beated an unholy dk with Holy Avenger. And if we cannot protect Azeroth. You’ll be damn sure that we will avange her.

1 Like

Arena is mostly always HA. The extra HP generation will save your mate with a pair of WoG, and you can’t just wait DP to proc in order to heal people.

Also, HA and Seraphin are good with the ES / FR combo, but HA is fastest to execute. You are going to use it, mostly, only 1 time per fight, so is better on short game modes like arenas and worst in scenarios like BGs or M+, where you want to have CDs each pull.

Thats why i will choose Seraphin for BG and M+, it need more setup than HA, but you can setup your shit in that scenarios easier than in arena.

DP is a good choice if you are learning to play and don’t want a very hard combo. Also, it sims better than HA in non ES / FR builds.

The actual sims for ST DPS are something like:

1. Seraphin + Crusade
  2. Seraphin + FR (highest burst than crusade, but lower overall DPS, only used with ES)
  3. DP + Crusade
  4. HA + FR (best burst, but lack of sustained DPS, again used with ES)
  5. DP + FR
  6. HA + Crusade

I don’t even include the “shitty-left-lastrow talent” because is way behind Crusade and FR.

But the point is:
If you want to do BGs and PvE go Seraphin.
If you want to do 2c2 / 3c3 arenas and duels go HA.
If you want to commit mistakes, go DP, wich also is actually bugged with EP.

Also thats a good point. DP helps you to mitigate ret disvantages (being a one trick guy, being easy to predict), instead of helps you to make your advantages stronger. So at least DP will be better VS good players and high rating teams.

I like sustained so i’m going DP. It also makes the rotation more fun.

With the Shadowlands pre-patch i’ve actually been playing my paladin exclusively with the Execution Sentence/Seraphim/Final Reckoning build and the main reason is just that, it raises the skill ceiling up a bit.

Most other retribution builds just feel very dull to me and i like that we have the option to raise the stakes if we feel like it.

Final Reckoning is also an awesome ability that i hope sticks around. The sound and visual feedback when you hit it is just amazing and the passive effect when it’s on cooldown is the icing on the cake.

1 Like

yea its super fun compare to the rest, well executed burst feels just awesome with it. I will play it in dedicated groups its not very well suited for pug runs :), but in guild groups or in mythic raid this build has fantastic damage profile, its also perfect for encounters with low dps uptime, when its timed properly

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.