Sepsis ; I feel kinda Offended

A class ability deals only %2 of total damage. Just match it with other Class abilities like Convoke and Wild spirits. I would say no more. Balance team either not exist or they are offending Rogue players.

9 Likes

Sorry for the mini hi-jack of your thread Volc, but it will save me spamming a new one.

Have you or anyone else also noticed how it doesn’t work like the tooltip says ?

My tooltip says does x amount of dmg over 10secs then around 1-2k at the end if the target survives. Only, when I use the ability on a mob, the actuall tooltip debuff they get, always reads like “taking a tiny tiny tiny amount of dmg every second, then like 5-6k at end if target is still alive”

lol wut ?

Agreed my friend. The ability damage is “LOL” and it provides also another “LOL” not even a free usage. I really don’t know what balance team thought about that. Or do they even exist? My 50cents.

/10char

3 Likes

Yeah sepsis is underwhelming. And other 3 class cov ability are even worse xDDD

4 Likes

Sepsis is also the cause of some bug issues using subterfuge talent . For them who have ever randomly come out of stealth after using sepsis, if you are using this talent the proc at the end triggers subterfuge and pulls you out of stealth

This is actually one of the reasons I dont use the talent even when its desirable because its interaction can completely mess up a arena game

3 Likes

The same is true of all rogue covenants. For some reason some classes got completely insane ones like convoke, and we get trash like this. Can you believe they nerfed the sepsis free stealth but left convoke alone? Then again they made an entire zone for druids so hardly surprising.

4 Likes

I went maldraxxus because I liked the atmosphere. Our class ability for rogue is an absolute joke. It does like 193 damage xD. I use it once in a blue moon almost as a troll.

3 Likes

To be completely honest, when I first heard the nerf to sepsis on beta I was pretty understanding- an additional restealth could be considered pretty op at the time, but then seeing what other classes got I am now questioning if it really was or not I mean- soulshape is the real seller of NF for me at this point on my nelf rogue, and compared to convoke, mindgames or even DK maldraxxus class ability I cant really see how sepsis original version was op by comparison, even more considering it had a 10 second wind up before you got the effect

3 Likes

Could you imagine if sepsis did the damage of convoke and people would actually have to dispell it or press a defensive, rather than just ignore it?

Keeping the damage the same but making it over 5 seconds would go a long way. And having it spread to 5-8 nearby targets if the target survives, once. Sort of like living bomb did.

That being said all covenant abilities are trash for rogues.

1 Like

Yeah, not only do rogue’s cov abilities need to be buffed in dmg, they also need to be tweaked in how they work. Sepsis does laughable damage. I went fae on my rogue mostly because of soulshape. I’m a sucker for a lot of mobility.

1 Like

Well seeing this I might just stay Kyrian lol. At least ER is somewhat useful in the sense that you can get a 7-point Rupture or Eviscerate on 2-3 combo points… but this is obviously more common in PVE where you can plan it easier.

Is it as bad for Assassination rogues? As it’s nature damage they’d gain more from it I’d guess? That’s why I went with it (and for SS, too).

I have just switched covenant so havent testet it much, but from what ive seen sepsis does pretty good damage. Im liking the fact that its a dot so i can apply just before my kidney shadowmeld/vanish burst.

Yeah you get the bonus dmg from nature as assasination, but doesnt it also scale with nightstalker, shadow dance, symbol and shadowblades as sub?

1 Like

Guys guys we are not talking about sepsis damage for Rogue class. We are talking about Sepsis dealing pathetic damage if you compare with another class’ abilities such as Convoke & Wild.

Rogue is the currently the only class who requires a lot of effort and deals pathetic damage atm.

To do the math share it vs your opener while others just pushing single button do deal humangous damage.

I’d probably disagree if I’m honest. The issue isn’t with rogue Covenant, it’s with Boomies and Paladins (and maybe one or two others) because their damaging covenant abilities are too powerful.

Rogue ability fits well into rotation and isn’t OP. This is how they should all be. I like it, personally. It does enough damage to put that extra pressure on in burst windows on a fairly low CD.

They need to work on bringing Convoke/Toll down a bit to bring in line with the others. Not make Sepsis some kind of one shot. We had enough one shots in the first weeks of SL xD

2 Likes

Does sepsis scale with mastery as assasination?
I havent gotten enough renown yet to get Niya plus 2 potency conduits, but it already does some insane dmg from just the 2 potency conduits i get from dreamweaver. On target dummies it ticks for up to 4k each second early on.

in all honesty… im more in favor of how rogues covenants are to druids as u made a example of, a problem with druid currently is. If u dont wanna be Night fae ur screwed. while as a rogue i can run any of the covenants with only very slight losses.

if ur gonna buff rogue, do it where its Important, Demanded Utility and its Lower performing speccs. i want everything but covenant buffs, because the covenants currently are so well aligned balance wise compared to most other classes situations.

2-3% from overall damage after a typical dungeon run seems good to you??

Nah. It needs to be buffed.

Well its a single target ability with a long cd, so its not that bad i guess. For example I doubt the hunt does more overall damage for DHs.

I was coming more from a pvp perspective though.

My trinket (Hateful Rage) does more damage than Sepsis.

1 Like