Shadow Priest feedback so far

Just a friendly reminder here;

More and more people (I’m not speaking for everyone obviously, but for a lot of people I know personally) miss the old Shadow, aka the Void Form, myself included.

Safe to say for me personally that Shadow is very boring right now and the spec is just an utter mess. I have been vocal about disliking the nerf more than once, and during my years of gameplay, nothing can, for me personally top Void Form BFA / Legion playstyle. The Shadowlands Shadow Priest is just worse warlock with different skin, I cannot help myself and I cannot bring myself to like it even at the half of how I liked original Void Form.

I’d just like to make a plea (again) to bring old Void Form back.
Give people their choice. Give them a choice of playing Devouring Plague or Void Form. For me personally, it’s really bad rework, it is not fun, does not feel impactful. I genuinely believe more and more people will realise this + Shadow will start going down and down in current gameplay - this has already, by the way, started, as it’s popularity is going down quite quickly.

As stated on the beggining, I do not speak for everyone, I speak mainly for myself and for those that I know they dislike the rework. That being said; there will be more people to admit it and vice versa - people who like current Shadow, and there’s nothing wrong with that, I just really hope we will see Void Form as it was one day again. One day.

Please, share your mind aswell!
Thank you.

5 Likes

You cant expect the intern who does priest class development to revert all his hard work…

2 Likes

While i personally sometimes miss it too because of the wonderful casting speed and beeing able to dish out crazy numbers (because why not it was way harder than any specc ever played in wow), i think it would completely kill this specc in m+ and barely anybody would ever find a party as shadow and having good dps under 22 keys would be impossible.

In a time where only utility and big short burst matters in m+ it would be unplayable. In raids it would be definitely awesome. Back then in legion, shadow was just my alt but it was god damn punishing. Have to admit, that bfa shadow was also really fine to play in raids.

lol, that is a good one, yea …

You do realise that Shadow is already NOT being taken to keys for 80%, right? First of all it is not meta, second of all, in some places it’s damage is ridiculously bad. It has no decent cleave / AoE stationed build, it’s really “meh” … I know this myself, because getting into a key with pugs is mostly impossible. That being said, if I do keys I do them with premade friends, but still.

That is why I believe there must be balance, so bringing Void Form back for those who love it and keeping Devouring Plague for those who enjoy it would solve everything. That was their innitial thought, we got that promise but they broke it. It’s not that complicated, but because the rework was so rushed and the person who came with this rework did not think too thoroughly about the consequences, we have this now. It is sad. I’d just really like to have what we were promised, it’s not like I want them to remove DP, no, I do not, I just want people to be able to choose what they really enjoy.

1 Like

Voidform with 25%~ haste no Coi no overwhelming power no lucid dreams no corruption no SA no mass hysteria 0.5% haste per stack sounds like the worst gameplay experience imaginable.

Nothing you loved about voidform would remain.

2 Likes

Obviously these things need to be adjusted, I did not even find it necessary to list that, because every spec works with passive stuff that is tailored for it.

The statement that everything I loved about it would not be there is wrong though, the mechanic itself was fun and unique.

1 Like

I’m sad that I never got to experience the Shadow Priest my friend did in BfA, with masses of Shadow Apparitions and rocketing damage, and never will. But I agree with Ellipsis. Shadow would need a lot of base Haste, - or an Insanity meter that drops and scales based on your Haste - for it to be viable for Shadow Priests in Shadowlands.

It might not have fit well with the raid and Mythic+ design right now though, what with a lot more mobility being required and a less chance of you being able to outgear or overpower any of it.

I personally would welcome a change like this, but i think the problem is the separation in 2 different playstyles which could be easier to manage if we had 2 dps speccs but i think this will never happen.

The problem is that almost no non meta class is taken as randoms…i see it by myself. I dont play that much high keys but if we miss one healer or one dps, we always search for shamy healer or fire mage (because those 2 are missing in my premade groups). I wouldnt call shadow dmg ridiciulously bad but the utility missing is such a big point, that i call myself really useless sometimes. Mass dispel and vampire are so niche, its absolutely np to not have it in dungeons.

Having again a specc, which needs about one minute to go big dmg would be quite more depressive for players not even playing 15+ keys.

This all is just a m+ problem, which is such a big point now. Like i said, i would definitely never play something else than legion/bfa shadow priest in raids.

You will not find any priest that understood and beat the old voidform stacks to tell you it was “bad”. Basically it was a bunch of LFR warriors here on the forums demanding it to change.

The result? They still have LFR gear, they play balance/huntards and WE still play shadow.
Ive said 100 times in the forums, old void form was great but needed alot of gear to work as current priest is. It was top tier in raids and for it to be top tier in M+ they should have let stacks to NOT FADE out of combat. That would make shadow a pretty damn strong DD in M+ but blizzard insist on their mages.

4 Likes

Well said. I just wanted the “meaningful choice” that we were promised. I don’t think it’s right to get rid of fun and unique mechanics just because people kept crying about Void Form being bad, that was never the case. We all have different reasons of course, but statistics and number spoke for itself.
That being said, I heavily support both possible paths - DP and VF, so people could choose and be happy.

1 Like

The problem or if you want to say it “our problem” is that blizzard already spent enough time re-working shadow to please the forum warriors.

Im 100% sure they will ignore us no matter what. They made the 1 and only unique spec in the game to a builder/spender game like all the rest.

Also the SP reworked atm is messy in M+, different rotation for 3 mobs, different for 5 different for 8+… Its kinda boring and annoying. Before for sure was easier but maintaining the stacks was the challenge.

I guess no matter what, we lost it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could not agree more with you, unfortunately. You are very much right in everything you said. They cattered to people so they can stop crying I guess, instead of cattering to all of us.
But clearly, the rework they did was rushed and over all, is not very good. It’s visible that they did not put much thought into it. And yes, it is boring, it cannot compete with Legion / BFA Shadow Priest at all.

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of fun, and for the record I wasn’t a slouch in Legion or BFA either.

2 Likes

That is not surprising. You were one of those who adamantly fought for Void Form removal, when more of the people grouped together and wanted it gone. It’s nice of course that you are having, it would only be fair if the rest of us had fun aswell.

Random forum poster thinks by posting “we” in caps he’s being part of the community and his opinion as a whole is the community’s sole one, more news at 11.

3 Likes

Random forum poster actually played shadow and had it geared, everybody knew that shadow was a gear reliant spec except the forum warriors.

How about you my non-random friend step out of the classic’s shadows and show us your main + priest main actually ?

1 Like

You’re missing the point, you weren’t even able to afford the game sub that I was already playing this class if you really want to get on this kind of e-peen discussion.

Maybe you should understand that different people have different opinions and different tastes and that Blizzard can’t cater to such different opinions. This topic is the exact same kind of topic you find in GD where people are complaining about raid loot quantities, titanforging and such. There’s no such thing as talking for a community, talking as “we”, talking about the other side that won. As I said, different people have different opinions and different expectations.

Also that gatekeeping about how you shouldn’t have a word to say because you only do LFR is really ridiculous. It doesn’t matter what kind of content you do in the game, the fact that you play it makes your opinion about the class design valid enough. We’re NOT talking about a spec being weak, we’re talking about the design itself.

1 Like

Not really buddy, i said before that those forum whiners where having 0 clue of shadow priest.
Can you actually prove me you do have a clue about shadow?
Do you have a shadow priest with BFA XP to prove my words are irrelevant and yours are the opposite?

If you dont, you fall in the category i described in my first post. If you do, prove me wrong.

You are totally missing the point but that’s okay, I didn’t expect you to understand anyway and I don’t have anything to prove to a lowkey forum poster like yourself.

1 Like