Shadow tier ser 9.2

So what do you guys think. I feel like its yet another try to force us to using something we arent using all that much…flay.

Even though 15% per dot seems like almost guaranteed proc, i also feel like we arenr using mindflay all that much. 4set looks intteresting. All in all i think 15% per dot will be nerfed and i hope this set wont end us in some degenerate flay spam gameplay.

It’s 5% per, not 15% per, so 24% per flay tick with 3 dots up.

It leads to degen flay spam, hurts movement further, isn’t ‘that’ strong, and has no impact in aoe.

It’s one of the worst dps bonuses out of all of them, and it’s the worst caster DPS bonus by far.

2 Likes

Mby im not readint it correctly…but it says:
Dt has an additional 15% chance to trigger for each Dot effect on the target.

Is its 15% from the base % chance or additional 15% to it?
Anyhow it seems to be 15%*3

It does say 15% per dot on wowhead, but either way it seems extremely bad

1 Like

but it leads to moving away from a class that used to be good at MULTI DOTTING (hey Blizzard can you read this ?)

and yes i know they nerfed the dots for every class which is just sad

no niches allowed. no ramping. burst burst burst and single target.

pls dont feel the need to give me a serious answer since i know how much you like to type :>

It’s 15/3 in spell data. So 5% per.

Are you agreeing with me that it’s bad, or disagreeing and think it’s good. Because you seem to be agreeing but then also insulting me, so I’m a little confused.

Oh so its an typo or just a tooltip bug.
In that case…set is dogpoop.

The difference between 24% max and 54% Max is only a couple percent. Still plays and leads to very similar decision making, it’s just significantly worse in PvP even though it was already bad.

PvE numbers are about 12% total for the full set. Currently sets range from 4% to 25% depending on spec so we’re way off any sort of attempts to balance them.

The set has numerous other problems before you even begin to talk about single target damage though.

The one way I would find this tier set to be good was if they mad DT proc from any shadow damage or at least just from the dots

Absolutely…but not “while casting” flay or sear…thats what makes this tier set degenerate and now its not even that high chance to proc…

1 Like

im not insulting you at all. i just didnt want you to waste your time on me

My apologies then, the final line came across as incredibly sarcastic / dismissive. If that wasn’t your intention then I’m sorry.

There’s already a large comprehensive feedback post for the tier set on the us forums. I’ll probably copy it over here at some point.

And making it a dot proc would return our lost anti kick / kite in pvp, while getting the additional benefit of a bit more damage

If it was on mind blast while dots are up…

I think the set is a potentially interesting idea but the implementation just seems really clunky and obviously lacks an AoE component. I’d change the set to be something like;

2p - Spending insanity has a x% chance to animate your shadow causing it to deal x% spell power to your target over 8 seconds

4p - While your shadow is animated, spending insanity causes your shadow to cast void eruption. A shadow is always animated when entering voidform.

In my head, this sounds like it could be a pretty cool idea, but I know it wouldn’t really change the gameplay up a lot which I’m sure a lot of people would prefer the set to do.

And it’s worth mentioning that I’m no priest expert and I don’t know all the ins and outs of the spec so there’s a good chance this could still be giga-bad or potentially op but it’s just an idea so go easy on me.

Nice. Our 2set is already getting changed to devouring plague and our 4 set will have aoe part.

Check us forum ptr priest tier set feedback.

Edit its not posted directly to you Ellipsìs. Ive originaly posted different stuff before checking us.

Boyz play PTR this 4set is unplayably baaaddd

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.