Shadowlands and the future of a warlock as a class

In the near future, the numbers of us would likely recive an invintation to a Shadowlands test.
And i urge you - report any slighest bug, bad working mechanics, stupid talent, basicaly ANYTHING that could affect warlock on the release. In the past, during test of Legion and BFA warlocks was shipped into release with criminal amount of bugs and straightforward flaws. Result…well we all saw and had a “pleasure” to experience it in the current XPAC.
Make the ingame bug repport - copy the text of your bugreport and make a topic on the forum, two if you must but it must be done or we will end up again in the crap show like BFA.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

2 Likes

Warlocks won’t be able to do M+ still because the core mechanics are not going to change.

1 Like

People do that every time and every time the outcome is the same Alpha/beta will be used only as a playground for bored people who want new shiny things and all the reports echo to deaf ears.

2 Likes

well we dont need Core mechanical Changes to make us more worthwhile in M+

• the return of Curses could be very positive if they’re impactful enough. Remember If u Add enough utility u will always be worth taking espically if its a group DPS Gain to have you.

• If we can get a Interupt on Every Specc that’d help improve our Ability in M+ as we can start using the strongest specc avaliable rather then having to skip it to have a Interupt from the felhunter pet.

• They have talked about baselining Talents. alot of Warlocks problem is they cant do both AoE and ST at the same time to a good degree… often they’re speccs will push them one way or the other, if they baseline the right abilities this could defintly aid that.

• We dont know how many skills are being made Class Wide. For example if Demo gets Rain of Fire and things such as this it could only be a Positive thing to the class.

Warlocks could be viable in M+ in SL, and they’re not as bad as people enjoy making out in Current either. Demo is still a Mid Pack DPS… its not Stupidly low.

yeah tbh, its hard to disagree with this, looking at both, Legion and BFA launchs Warlocks were defintly not Seen to fast enough, but if we as Players Just stop dead in giving feedback, well then we cant blame them for not listening :P… We can only complain if we are holding up our end of the bargin with testing etc etc.

but with only a couple of changes, Warlocks would atleast be Stronger in M+… and being better even if it isnt One of the best is only a positive thing.

Who cares about rain of fire? It’s highly situational for demo lock, as it already has aoe skills, give us good stuff.

This is one of the things that worries me about shadowlands, i have a feeling that they will bring back some highly situational stuff for “flavor” I an fine with that as long as they also add cool stuff, things that are actually useful and change the rotation for the better.

Otherwise, i probably would rather them not adding anything at all, because the disappointment coming from that is probably gonna be bigger than the disappointment coming from not getting anything at all. It’s gonna feel like a missed opportunity, or at worst, just laziness.

Covenants also worry me, if i am locked in with my choice i might not even try shadowlands at all.

Apparently people reported bugs and mechanic issues in bfa too, yet they got ignored.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ve learned a lesson there.

I feel like the best thing to improve lock’s m+ performance is reworking darkglare/infernal(/tyrant*) so we are way less depandent on a 2-3 minute spell to do “big damage”.

*:I didn’t really touch Demo, so I don’t know wether it is good this way or not.

It’s kinda frustrating, some things i complained about in beta ended up on live aswell but I think that’s mainly because the people responsible for fixing the bugs aren’t the same ones dictating deadlines and release schedules.

1 Like

It’s like they don’t care for quality anymore.

Seems to depend on the class you play to if u agree with that. Warriors, Rogues, DHs and classes such as this seem to get nothing but better Every expansion in PvE :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.