Shadowlands neutral characters

Horde players do not need redemption in the eyes of the Alliance or its players.

They do not need to work for Alliance interests, specially with someone that hates them all and not once did anything for them.

To put it bluntly, the Horde should give the same amount as fks as Tyrande is giving the Horde deaths in this war. I’ll let you deduce how much is that.

3 Likes

By the way… both never part of the reformed Horde :wink: Or any horde, on Kael’s case.

If we go by technicality, Uther was part of Lordaeron and not Stormwind as well. So Forsaken get to accuse Stormwind of cultural appropriation if they claim him as theirs.

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess Draka was stretching it… But Kael was never even a Horde friendly character. He was an Alliance character once, though…

The horde as a faction needs redemption. I thought you complained about having to play the villains?

Ofc she hates the horde. They have done nothing but wronging her people since they invaded Azeroth. Besides that, she did not only give the horde a whole zone at the end of MoP after the horde was defeated, she also had her people give lumber to the horde. How did the horde thank them? War of thorns and genocide

Liking the horde after that would be absurd.

3 Likes

What is provocative here? I have in all seriousness no problems with accepting quests from alliance characters. I do have a problem, when they are the only representatives around and constantly talk s. hit about me just for existing. See legion. Don’t even dare to claim its the same for both sides. We both know it is not. I want to have fun. Not feel like crap just for picking the faction blizzard loves to villain batt until no end.

We don’t need redemption. It’s not the players fault blizzard can’t write a story without demonizing the other side. I as a player owe nothing to the blue team. Because it’s all fictional.

I am okay with both sides attacking sylvanas. Even as loyalist. What I do care about is Blizzards attempt to make the red team like crap even when they joined the moral right side regardless. No other mmo does this.

Wrong. We are not your doormats. Either serperate both sides or don’t participate at all. But tyrande is not our leader and should not be treated as such.

Then give both sides a different npc to quest with in each zone. Problem solved. And since you mentioned it. Alliance was NOT forced to accept quests from horde characters since Thrall back in cataclysm. It’s many times the other way around. :slight_smile: usually

2 Likes

FYI the only faction trying to annihilate the other side was the horde, the alliance merely tried to survive and depose sylvanas.
hopefully tyrande will attack on sight any horde players that approach her, or at least will not give them any quest, and I hope I will not be forced to do quests for horde characters either to progress the story, but knowing blizz we’ll probably be forced to act as delivery boys for the ones that burned alive our character’s family…

4 Likes

Good. Better then pretending we are friends.

Fair enough and reasonable.

And another flag for you since you can’t stop derailing my topic for your personal gain. Amazing.

It is a freaking video game. Your real family are not the night elves. Leave the RP mode if you want to have a serious discussion.

it’s an RPG , and you are literally in the story section, XD
geez your skin is thin XD

3 Likes

We had the exact same stuff from the exact same people for the past 2 years. Everyone reaches their point of limit when you run out of patience. We get it. Your favorite race to play as was treated dirty by blizzard writing. That’s sad. Unironically. Complain about this to the Devs writing the story. The casual players on this forum can’t change it.

i said what i was hoping for to make sense from a story point of view, no more, no less what you did opening this thread.
im not asking anything to anyone, it’s a FORUM we’re discussing among players, what would make sense from a story/rpg point of view, it’s you that’s delivering flags like we hurt your feelings, even to those that are actually agreeing with you on the point you made in your op…

3 Likes

Do you really think that Tyranda having to work with the faction that killed her people is a good move? Would you like for her to quest togeter with forsaken and not do anything other than saying hollow threaths or change her mind about them in the process?

This kind writing is not Horde issue but overall bad story approach. Devs didn’t have trouble to introduce separate stories for single zone that happened silmuntaneously - like in Jade Forest.

1 Like

My initial post, started with the idea of having both sides acting on the behalf of their own leaders while they level through the story of shadowlands. Now it’s just another nightelf topic, where players are supposed to ask for atonement for stuff they props never supported. And I am starting to lose my patience, toward nightelf fans, since seemingly nothing will stop you from claiming each topic and story relevation as personal punch in the guts.

I mean, yes, we don’t know about anything that’s going to happen. I just don’t want the little Night Elf content that happens to be scrapped just because Horde players don’t want Tyrande in the new expansion.

Maybe it’s something like in Legion where Tyrande plans a vendetta against Sylvanas and then the Horde player defends Sylvanas from that.

And if you read it close enough. You will realize that I never asked for tyrande content to be scrapped. Stop putting things in my mouth which I never said.

1 Like

Nobody is asking for her to be scrapped. Just for Horde to NOT be tied to her story as it doesn’t make any narrative sense. It hurts both factions in the process

1 Like

it’s you that mentioned tyrande, and guess what faction she’s the leader of?
ofc it’s my main concern storywise as i main a nelf, if there were stories i didn’t care about i would have no issue with who the quest giver is.

3 Likes

exactly but apparently agreeing with OP is going off topic, and worth being flagged.

1 Like

That’s how Blizzard does it.

If Tyrande attacks the Horde, horde players will complain. If she is not hostile and horde players have to do tasks for her, horde players will complain. And considering that the story revolves around satisfying horde players as seen in 8.1, they could easily just scrap the Tyrande content to achieve that.

Blizzard already confirmed tyrande as main act of Ardenweald. So it’s pointless to argue wether she will be involved or not.

I would be fine with that. She knocks me out and leaves. Auto quest resolve afterwards.