Shadowlands :Night Fae=underpowered + unfavored?

Both passive abilities and in game content looks severely lackluster for Night fae faction. Seriously blizzard? FIX İT BEFORE START !! Compared to other 2 factions, both story, in game content and passive /active abilities are severely lackluster and unfavored compared to other ones. Farming for lore content in Night fae faction? seriously blizzard?

I dont want to play other factions because they are overpowered and have more fun content !!!

1 Like

Blizz will just give 1 covenant a 20% increase and the other ones a 1% damage increase and then be like

“Damn that 1 covenant seems really popular, we really did a great job with that one!”

4 Likes

I would like to see their player numbers per covenant at launch and after two months.
Do people switch to an alt that has a different covenant because it’s slightly better or not.
How big is the group that asks for changes.
How many people are happy with the way the covenants are etc etc.

1 Like

The are actively changing stuff with the covenants. Like they removed cheat-death soulbind from Theodar and now Podtender from Night Fae is the only one (although weaker). Aside of that that Faeline Leyline or whatever it’s called seems to be good for some classes… but there is a feeling that Night Fae is more for healers than other covenants.

1 Like

Lorewise; i think night fae should be designed to be viable choice who favor nature+stability stuff. Shaman/Druid/Monk/Hunter . All the quests should be reminding or resembling the lore of this 4 classes. For the record; i really dont like choices in this covenent things. Because choices tends to favor 1x overpowered one, and rest becomes unviable. This thing needs to be addressed. Personally i really dont know why a shaman or a druid would care for a vampiric themed lore and content for an expansion.(maybe im a bit narrowminded, but i feel like it sounds plain dull and forced compatibility tbh) If they had seperated factions for classes and specs ; it would be much easier to balance imo.

The butts on their armor is covered so yeeh… They need a buff!

The night fae abilities are really good though?

Death knights blue DnD, Priests extra effects, Monk stomp, Paladin season auras are probably the better ones. I think Night Fae will probably be one of the more prefered covenants since their abilities are performing pretty well.

Now since you play a druid you probably have a negative bias here because convoke the spirits is dead before arrival but you as well as 100% of the druid playerbase can just go Necrolords for the single good druid ability.

Night fae is probably the only covenant I’m not looking forward to at all. I don’t even know the abilities they’ll give me but… it’s fairies, mate.

Certainly feels that way. The mage Night Fae ability neatly occupies the exact same rotational/utility spot as Arcane Explosion except it’s much easier to shut down and has a cooldown. Completely worthless. I don’t get it.

They are my favourite combat ability and the best looking zone and armor imo.

Im very very tempted to pick them. I just dont think orc monk works well with them and the pixies

I’m the opposite. It’s basically the only one I’m looking forward to.

My hunter is not a vampire edgelord. My hunter is not a paladin. My hunter is not a scourge fan. So yeah, there’s really only one covenant that fits. I’ll explore the other covenants with alts though and overal the Venthyr one looks kinda nice, but the Kyrians and the Necrolords both just really don’t appeal to me on any level. Kyrians mostly.

I might even just skip them. Just like in Legion where I skipped leveling up a druid, priest and warrior. I just don’t care about those class stories at all. I leveled every other class though back then.

But I’m not sure yet; it will all depend on how much there is to do for me at endgame on my main.

1 Like

Night Fae is great aesthetically so I do hope it’ll be a decent choice for at least some of my alts.

1 Like

This type of thing is the main reason I like covenants. I can completely write off a covenant based on how they look, but someone may target that covenant because of that. I’ll probably go with the necrolords on my main for those bone wings and I really enjoy this gross aesthetic. I think it was their warrior ability that makes execute this gian bloody swing and it looks really cool xD I’ll probably make an undead arms warrior just for them. Also possible that I’ll go with the vampires, I get the feeling they’ll get a bit of a special story, as the first raid is actually theirs. Kinda like how only the Horde got the story around Uldir.

1 Like

Yeah my DK alt will probably go to Necrolords.

I dont know what spec you main, but as i do main Hpriest Night Fae seems really good and my pick unless i missed something about the other factions ofc…

Thankfully we’ll be able to see this before launch.

I want to turn my fox into another fox.
Thats reason enough for them

Just give them faerie wings as a cosmetic reward and I’m all in.

I dont care, it looks blyatiful!

Im picking it either way

Well between you and me…
Its a great thing for us slow moving priests.

Already love it