Shadowlands Release Autumn šŸŒ¤

So they said the release is going to be in Autumn. (Sept-Dec)

My opinion would be they should still take their time to polish the game and maybe aim for a early-mid December release in time for the December holidays.

Iā€™m echoing what a lot of people have said, weā€™d rather wait for a good expansion, rather than a rushed one.

4 Likes

Well like you said. December is fall. Honestly theres no chance it releasing after December and i think they want to avoid christmass release. So we are looking at end of November early December

1 Like

Who says Fall apart from Americans?

Its AUTUMM

6 Likes

I shall correct my blasphemous language, thank you sir!

2 Likes

Depends how the beta turns out.

If they get a lot of negative feedback they should delay it and rather get it right first. But I donā€™t think they will delay it any longer than the end of the year.

1 Like

I can imagine same release date as wotlk, 11th November, as SL is wotlk 2.0

1 Like

Autumn is September, October and November
Winter is December, January and February
Spring is March, April and May
Summer is June, July and August

By that logic Blizzardā€™s target release is ā€˜no later than Novemberā€™.

2 Likes

Americanised youth, the same people who say color and center. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Its actualy late september till late december

Isnt this exactly same as when they said its gona be released in 4th quartal?

1 Like

i have no idea, but all im saying is a later release date might not be a bad idea for a good product :man_shrugging:

Yea well, they confirmed its gona be released this year, then last quartal and now autumn.

Last quartal vs autumn is difference like 2weeks. So they bot realy moving their shelude. Lets just hope they do vert best during beta and we get at least somehow enjoyable patch.

1 Like

twitches

Kids today with their americanised spellcheck dont know how to spell words the CORRECT WAY

1 Like

Illuminati confirmed !

2 Likes

Personally Iā€™d like that they would finally take their time, collect their braincells, and have some coherent thoughts and ideas about Shadowlands, and have a delayed release, because at this point, the biggest compliment I can give to WoW is that itā€™s at least playable. However, they also should focus on finishing up 8.3 with a couple other QoL changes, and test out some stuff that is already in Shadowlands (character customization, Shadowlandā€™s M+ box, PVP VENDORS, etc.).

1 Like

Right there with you, I canā€™t deal with a messy bugfest of an expansion anymore.

Please delay the expansion and polish it correctly, I donā€™t mind having the longest expansion drought and longest patch in the game, I just want a proper expansion with quality.

They spoke about QA and they said they had over 60k bugs reported, not to mention the ones that arenā€™t reported, I really donā€™t want to deal with that.

Let alone the huge amount of bugs in OLD content that always comes with new expansion ( R.I.P river in hillsbrad ) etc etc.

Also, with the rapidity of spec changes and the way they are handled, the devs have no idea how players will ball the game and introduce meta gameplay and new ways to play, some of this is good for the game and fun but some of it is just gamebreaking and degenerate, blizzard needs to let players do this IN the beta and fix it from there asap.

Also, I know they said covenants will be switchable if they fail to balance them, butā€¦ I really wish that they do balance them, and for that to happen they need an extensive testing, theorizing and balancing in all environments.

I also donā€™t want another situation where arms warrior is awesome in 3v3 but trash in every other aspect of pvp, and is a sitting duck in m+ until 8.3 where we becomeā€¦ good in dps but still absolute trash in utility / defense, which covenants would contribute even more too.

This is one spec, what about all the poor othersā€¦ like sub rogues and affliction warlocks, this is why the game needs much more time to balance and fix and polish and make sure the specsā€¦ work.

One example of this according to an affliction warlock friend of mine isā€¦ an affliction warlock canā€™t deal with explosives, they just canā€™tā€¦ this is a sign of a broken class imo, because there should be something they gain in return for beingā€¦ weak in an area, yet they donā€™t, destro absolutelty smashes explosives and has much better benefits than affliction, a clear sign if huge imbalance within the classā€™s specs let along comparing to other specs.

Now Iā€™m not saying this would be the case in SL, but Iā€™m saying is they canā€™t get it right if they donā€™t let players try to break their systems, like Rextroy always does, I still donā€™t know why they havenā€™t hired this guy since he does an amazing job in it.

3 Likes

My prediction, giving past years tradition of Release times.

After a month of Beta, any day after that. They will give the official release date.

It will either be in Oct or Nov.

1 Like

Iā€™ll hope itā€™ll be end of November/beginning of December, so they can take their time to polish it. Thereā€™s still so much they need to adress on the classes, which in my opinion is the most importantā€¦

3 Likes

The most common understanding is using the meteorological definition, the seasons begin on the first day of the months that include the equinoxes and solstices:

• Spring runs from March 1 to May 31;
  • Summer runs from June 1 to August 31;
  • Fall (autumn) runs from September 1 to November 30; and
  • Winter runs from December 1 to February 28 (February 29 in a leap year).

The other definition that you are referring to is the astronomical season, which is not commonly used. So Iā€™m pretty sure November is what they meant.

2 Likes

My tip on november 1st or 2nd week.

U do realize that seasons warry a lot depending on country/part of world right? Some parts doesnt even have autmn/fall, thats why using ā€œastronomicalā€ is better in that case

Edit: anyway, probably best guess would be early/mid november, like 2 weeks after pvp and pve season starts, along with mythic raid so this will be end november early december. Doubt launch will be mid december, which will mean that peak will be during christmass which blizz wants to avoid mostly.