Shadowlands: Where are your deceased characters?

Well, it could always tie into Blizzard’s really lame plot point of “The Legion transcends all realities”. If Nyami joined the Legion and became Sargerai, then she should/could technically also now transcend all realities, meaning there only exists one of her now, thus being the only shadow essence.

1 Like

That’s only meant to be for demons who’re connected to the nether, and if Nyami was fel-enough to be a demon then she’d have gone back to the nether instead of shadowlands.

Maybe.

1 Like

In Maldraxxus

I toy with the idea that my goblin mage is so unlucky that even though he should go to the maw, something will probably send him to bastion, only because the maw would be a kindness and we can’t have kind things happen to this lad.

I haven’t really decided 100% where any of my dead characters have gone. Really, it depends on if Shadowlands clarifies if every soul that’s died since Legion went to the maw or if only the majority.

The most prominent of my characters that I killed off would be Arathyrion, one of my many Blood Elves that I played years ago. I suppose he’d end up in Revendreth due to his stubbornness and pride, though I’m unsure if I’ll ever do anything to reference that.

Yeah but Blizzard’s explanation doesn’t hold up. Consider Socrethar.

At the time of the orcish invasion he betrayed the draenei for the Legion, and this is true for all timelines that are like ours. Once he becomes a full demon he will trascend his reality and become bound to the Nether. If the Legion trascends all realities, then once Socrethar becomes tied to the Nether, he also trascends all realities!

But this transition from pre-demonic to demonic Socrethar happens infinite times in infinite timelines, so logically there should be an infinite number of Socrethar(s) in the Nether.

Disposable NPCs asides, my truly dead characters of the past number in a grand total of one. Although the ways of the Arbiter are potentially hard to take at face value, I think my long dead priest would be at peace in Bastion.

They all merge into one when they join the nether.

1 Like

For the sake of my sanity, I prefer to ignore that lore tidbit.

1 Like

That… somewhat makes sense, I guess. Is that an official explanation?

There’s obviously the issue that each Socrethar should have his own experience, but aside from that it’s weird enough that it could work.

No, but Socrethar’s not the only one - it applies to Archimonde and Kil’jaeden, and since they specifically went out of their way to make WoD Archimonde the same one we fought in BfMH, it’s the only way that makes sense to me.

Yeah, it’s true, it should apply for any kind of demon who, at the starting, wasn’t a demon (doomguards, felhounds…) it’s still very weird and the entire premise of an infinite timeline in which the legion tries to destroy entire worlds makes it impossible for them to take over creation… because there are infinite timelines, and infinite Azeroth(s) too.

I’m not sure how the merge would work either, but I suppose it just adds to Blizz’s inconsistency when it comes to time travel.

Well unless since space is basically the nether
each planet rests in the same realm as the demons so when they destroy one planet that planet is destroyed in all timelines
which is a depressing thought as it means we are not just living in a fairly empty universe, assuming azeroth and outland are one of rare few planets with life yet remaining, we are also pretty much the entirety of the remaining hub of mortal life in the entire universe across all timelines.

Hard to say about my ol’ horse-breeder, Kastane Flint. Either Bastion, where he’s tending to the spirit steeds of dead heroes, or Ardenweald, where he lives in a different, closer connection, to not only horses, but animals in general. A “life”, where he is not the master, but an equal, to the majestic animals.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.