Shaman feel

Orrignally shaman was a support class that was part healer, part mage and part warrior…

I think in the current system i can see how the healer and mage parts have their own specs…

But the Enhancement part does not feel very warrior like to me… is this just my perception, or do others agree that the Enhancement of shadowlands should feel just much much more warrior like?

1 Like

I hope in shadowlands enhancement will have earth shock back, maelstrom will benefit lighting bolt and chain lightening only, Stormstrike on cd but can reset with stormnringer.

Only can only dream

already confirmed that there will be no major class changes.
We will only get 2 spells back, one of which no one asked for.

frost shock is good, all other abilities are existing already now in the game except searing totem (which nobody wants)
The whole panel with unpruned abilities was a complete joke since we have most abilities already… why they show tremor totem? like wtf they unpruned it already in legion

2 Likes

For shadowlands, one year from release its way to early to jump to conclusions…

If they take away azerite essences and pvp spells… every class will feel naked despite the unpruning at release of Shadowlands. Don’t think they will make the same mistakes again?

I 100% believe they will make the same mistake again.

Also it is very believable that they don’t make changes. If they would say they would make big changes, then I wouldn’t believe it until i see it.
But if someone already say they will not put any work in, it is fair to believe they will not anyways.
Also what exactly do we lose from azerite garbage? Primal primer? Roiling Storm? all not really essential to the class, so I don’t care about it.

Problem for enhance will only be losing the meme beam essence because that is like 35% of my aoe dmg and is the only thing that makes me more or less viable in m+

I hope they do something cool with frost shock…

They are not interessted in enh. Shaman

But we are?

And that is the real knee slapper in all of this developers don’t care.

I honestly think they should try the idea of shaman tanks. Taking control of elements like EARTH, to strength you to fight opponents would feel amazing!

There is a difference between not caring and not being high on their evergrowing priority list…

You would expect with all the money WoW made and still makes their developing and ballancing teams would be large enough to counter these things based on the numbers readilly available on many statics

Shaman is and always will be my favorite class but because how it is constantly treated like ele or enhancement doesn’t exist i just lost my will to play the class years ago.

Shaman is the peak of an example how blizzard is completely clueless sometimes on their class design.

1 Like

To me its always been weird as fudge how balancing patches are almost non existent in this game and some classes can be stupidly over powered for years while some classes are almost useless in pve and for pvp you would have to be masochistic to play them.

They are not clueless, only ruthless…
For ballancing issues they want all classes to operate with the same basic rules…
And they ruthlessly cut everything that was outside their holy circle away.
Which resulted in many classes and specs loosing their authenticy…

To long they tried to pull new players by simplifying classes and specs… but with theirentry levelgame in total ruins those new players never came…

With shadowlands i guess Blizz finally realised the money is in making veteran players return… that will only happen with more depth in specs and classes, and thats what in my opinion the unpruning is all about…

look, its not that i wouldn’t like to have more than 1 melee ability, but you know… no changes and all that… at best they should reduce the cooldown on stormstrike as 20 seconds is f’ing bananas, considering shamans’ only other instant attack is shocks. even a talent to reduce it to 18-15-12 second cooldown would be welcome, or even 19-18-17-16-15 seconds (maybe bind this to the 5 point talent that gives 10% damage with melee attacks)

but yeah, we’re already on deep water here… if this happened, it would open the floodgates for all the other classes to come around their own forums demanding buffs to their own (relatively larger) arsenal of abilities.

EDIT: i just realized this isn’t part of the classic forum. my apologies.

Yes.

Shaman feels weird at the moment.
I stopped playing on the beginning / middle of MOP. Returned 3-4 weeks ago (+/-). Meanwhile, Shaman is and always will be my main character. Be it amazingly good or awful.

Honestly, Shaman never been on a worst state. It’s not fun, it’s a lava burst / frost shock bot. It’s very difficult to do consistent damage - at least with the same level of effort as other classes. It feels punishing. And they took a lot of utility from us, left us with lots of “some” meh utilities.

I really wish that we get some valuable changes.
Restoration was a lot of fun, that I confess. Enjoyed it a lot. DPS for Shaman right now, it’s a struggle.

dont care for ench only reason for me play it if go back wod styl ye thet good feeling

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.