Shaman totems

Just looking at a link about new shaman talents and it looks like totems are not a big feature?

I thought with the un-pruning totems were coming back.

Bit of a poor effort to say it’s not working well and just drop it. How about making it work?

3 Likes

The “un-pruning” has probably turned out to the biggest disappointment since the reveal… had some high hopes…

thought we were supposed to be getting some class fantasy back, but guess not :rofl:

Still atleast my Paladin got its auras back :woman_facepalming:

Last time I looked on Alpha I had several totems back, they were baseline though, not talents…

Nah it was just marketing stunts.

Totems are not coming back. If they were serious they will bring back pre mop totems. Including the talents that drops removes 4 totems at once.

1 Like

The version of searing totem in mind was full garbo.

Atm the only new and fun totem back is enha’s wf totem.

However im very disappointed with the new playstyle to be honest. To many stuff to pay attention, and not even rewarding (saw some raid tests where enha was also presented), and it was around bottom or middlane on the dps list.

Not saying, that the current bfa enha is perfect, but the next xpac one is deeply unfun and weak…

Im rly tempted tempted for the 1st time to roll bm hunter lul.

@Shammoz could you elaborate on what totems you have please.

I was really hoping for proper totems which is a core part of the shaman identity, within warcraft at least.
Dropping 1 of each (earth, fire, water and air), being able to have groups so you can drop different sets depending on the fight etc.

Magma totem with its fire nova, a proper tremor totem that lasts, cleansing totem, haste totem (both options), buff totem (strength of earth I think it was), mana regen etc.

1 Like

The recent Totem Mastery redesign hasn’t turned out as well as we hoped, so we’ve scrapped that talent entirely and shuffled some talents around for Elemental Shaman:

• Elemental Blast has been moved to the level 25 row in place of Totem Mastery.

• Aftershock now only works from Earth Shock casts and no longer has any interaction with Earthquake

• Echoing Shock now only duplicates targeted damage or healing spells.

To replace the empty spot left by Elemental Blast on the level 15 row, we have added a new talent, Static Discharge.

• Static Discharge is an active ability with a 30 second cooldown that requires you to have Lightning Shield active. Using Static Discharge will cause some quick zaps of Nature damage to strike enemies over 3 seconds, prioritizing any target that is afflicted with your Flame Shock debuff.

Anyone else think this is more of an Enhancement ability??

1 Like

Shields should also be back, lightning, water and earth.

At this point i personally dont know what to except from shaman. I feel bfa dejavu.

1 Like

That was Alpha, I have not had time to log in since the character wipe/beta, too busy with work.

They are back.

Fair do. Maybe I’ll have to wait for classic wrath to get my real shaman.

@Golganar I can recommend BM hunter so much fun.

The buff totems will never return because in today’s Min max wow they will either make shaman mandatory or they will have to give back the class buffs they stripped back to other classes as a way of stopping this. E.g when DK had horn of winter which behaved like SoE totem.

I’d rather they rework totems into short duration powerhouse effects that have modest Cooldowns (like 45 sec or 1 min) which the shaman uses. Ie Strength of Earth boosts the enh shamans AP substantially for its duration and it then shields the group for a % of dmg you dealt during its lifetime. Stuff that’s a cool QoL for the party but not essential, but is tied to optimal performance for the shaman themselves.

You could make them differ by spec also:
Cleansing Totem, drop a totem lasting 20 secs, 1.5 min CD.

Resto: Purify Spirit has it’s cooldown reduced by 6.5 sec and also cures poison and disease whilst the totem is active.

Enh: Casting Stormstrike or Lava Lash will cleanse a friendly target within 40 yds of 1 poison and disease effect. Cannot occur on the same target more than once every 3 sec.

Ele: Casting Lava Burst or Earth Shock whilst the totem is active will cleanse a nearby friendly target within 30 yds of 1 disease and 1 poison effect. Cannot occur on the same target more than once every 3 secs.

1 Like

Good idea. Take the effect from old but limit into only the shaman and adjust CD and duration etc. But I’d still like to choose from a selection of totems to make sets etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.