Short clip on Spy

Prevent events from enemy players from being read by an addon? That would still break things of course but not Details.

1 Like

How could Details provide incoming dmg correctly then? Make them having random names?

It’s not easy to t
Do and retain functionality of other addons.
You could disable other Faction tracking and only re-enable it for the one player you did engage actual combat with until the combat ends. But even that may mess up things.

Surely the only time you should see presence of enemies in a combat log is during combat? They don’t attack you, nothing is shown.

No a whole load of things are shown, hell in etrace even mouse movements are shown.

We really need to drop this whole combat log nonsense as the latest update shows coordinates.

Update your addons people.

Well it couldn’t really, not for PvP anyway. It would still work exactly same for outgoing damage though and all PvE. Do you actually watch meters for incoming damage in PvP? I haven’t thought of doing that but I guess I might be missing some value there.

It shows the co-ordinates that you, the player, were at when it first found the enemy. Not the enemies co-ordinates.

1 Like

#NoChanges

And Advanced Combat Log is necessary to have thing like Warcraftlogs.

SpyClassic will exist forever. You can’t do anything.

I had no idea (cba playing), that’s even worse.

Does it? That’s awesome. Sadly not much time to play atm. But sounds great :joy:

What coordinates? You mean ppl that saw some enemy?
That was there before allrdy, nothing new…
It won’t show the coordinates of the ppl it “finds”.

Not for me? Why would it even show my own coordinates? Lol

It shows their location. I’ve followed it, multiple times.

Only when I get like 2 shotted :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Not true mate… Those are coordinates of your team, that sees an enemy. Not the coordinates of the enemy itself.

You could still see that in your combat log. Now what that solution would break is probably quite a few PvP addons.

What team?

Edit: your nonsense doesnt work btw. I can see it with my own eyes.

If they could remove friendly auras and buffs on enemy players from appearing in the combat log, that would tone it down a lot, without affecting many addons.
Damage done to and by yourself would still show, so that should be fairly easy to overcome.

1 Like

Tbh, I do think blizz knows this for a LOOOONG time, but can’t fix it easily? Without breaking alot of stuff I mean.
Those add-ons were back there in Vanilla aswell, just not widely used and known like now. But that’s also cause of current generation, we know way more right now about the game then back then.

Now it seems to really have abig impact, and I wonder if something will happen against it.

Yeah it could be a more targeted solution too. Things like Blink could be limited in range so that you still get that for addons in duels for example but not from miles away in the world.