Short clip on Spy

About nameplate range should work.
Especially after they limited it…

This to me is a big problem for fixing Spy. If it was possible in Vanilla, and it probably was, then removing it is kind of a change. It might be a good change but it is a change. I do wonder though if the logging was exactly identical in Vanilla.

So you don’t know how it works yeah?
That’s what I thought.
It’s 100% combatlog and only combatlog.

1 Like

There could be a solution… encrypt the advanced logs, so its still usable for Blizzard.
This will mean, not all addons can just parse/read it.

Important information can be shown when for example in combat, unencrypted, like various examples you just gave.

But then, one issue we have, is warcraftlogs for example, or the other “bigger” addons. There should be some decode way for the public, that won’t abuse it, to still make use of it? so to say?

Thinking up loud atm :smiley:

“its dur combart lurg”

Back then, the API was even more open then now and could automate to many things.
But yeah… there were a few that did what Spy did, and some even better.

Catababy knows alot

The API was crazier for sure. What I don’t know is what the logs looked like back then, because despite the API this type of addon is limited by the logs.

The counter argument to this is to point out that Blizzard prevented all the automated addons too for Classic. Because I don’t think Decursive was broken until TBC.

I guess I might be fairly unique in being able to see bull instantaneously, without even having to fully read the post.

Can just tell when someone is full of it.

The only correct response to these people is complete mockery.

What do you think of encrypting logs? Blizz keeps some private key. Hands out public keys to the bigger addons, except for things like Spy? :stuck_out_tongue:

If things leak, they just re-encrypt.

Yes they used patch 8.3 addon/API for addons, not even in Retail yet. And of course many things are now locked, compared to Vanilla.

“nochanges” my a**e.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. It just doesn’t sound like something that Blizzard typically does. They really like clean solutions that don’t require anymore attention after that.

True.
Let’s see what will happen in the future, you never know what Blizzard can or cannot do :smiley:

Writing like he’s done but he has another 200 posts on the topic this week

This is a stupid idea, because there’s no privilege when we talk about addons. Why some addons should be allowed and others should not have access to something ? Why some addons should have privilege, and my addons made by myself can’t have access to that ? Also, encryption is CPU intensive and I don’t want to lag when I record advanced combat logs that I use for Warcraftlogs.

Blizzard will do nothing, #NoChanges

Got it :smiley:
Was just thinking up loud mate.
But one thing… about the #NoChanges… that’s well… not true anymore. Alot of things have changed :wink:

Wow so not just manipulative, deceitful and arrogant but able to do so instantly? Impressive.

Well what else would it be?
Magic?
Come up with something.

We all know how it works already and it has nothing to do with combat log. No one is buying your circlejurk nonsense.

Mate, there is a reason most are ignoring him at the moment. :slight_smile: