Short clip on Spy

Bots are 3rd party programs that break the rules. False equivalence.

Spy doesn’t pick up the coordinates of enemy players.

You’re right, that is definitely not feasible, but you also don’t have to type in a player’s name to target them without seeing them. You can just keybind Target Nearest Enemy Player.

And hi, Sparky! Got another love note for me?

2 Likes

No addon does that, because the API does not allow you to obtain the coordinates of any target.

If I’m not mistaken on retail they added that functionality but for mobs and friendly targets only (and your target actually shows up on the minimap); it’s still impossible to know where an enemy player is.

2 Likes

You guys not updated Spy?

Might help you pretend you understand addons

I’m still having trouble understanding how people like you cry rivers of tears over this mod.

Lets just pretend for a moment they did remove it (which isn’t happening btw), but lets just say they did. If I’m hunting a specific person I will instead use target macros or say I’m just after random hk’s, I will instead simply sit in a central spot people have to run by.

Its not hard to do either with 50+ people in most classic zones.

1 Like

Yeah guys all it takes is targetting them, then you can always find them

1 Like

Not even gonna bother, you’re an idiot Ciri.

1 Like

And you are a forum troll. Well done on using insults instead of logic to explain your point of view.

1 Like

A forum troll derails threads with entertaining posts.

Are you new to the internet?

Most the pro removal group wouldn’t know logic if it hit them upside the head. It all “OMG THIS RUINS STUFF, ME SAID SO, REMOVE NAOW!”

They refuse to specify which stuff it ruins because 9 times out of 10 it doesn’t actually ruin anything.

They still get to stealth, they still get the opener. Its utterly hilarious.

1 Like

In vanilla there was exactly same addon. Its name was “Paranoia”.

1 Like

Well with the rogue example, no they don’t get the opener if the enemy is actually trying to avoid being opened on.

1 Like

And VanasKoS, and UBofD, and probably several others…

1 Like

“I know how to use a search engine in 2019”

Absolutely love Spy.

Gg to Blizzard for allowing it to continue working. Having a fantastic time with the addon.

Super duper happy we have it. :slight_smile: <3

3 Likes

Do explain. I actually play hunter with spy, yes I can sit on a flare / trap if I know a rogue is around. Still doesn’t mean I can go play the game or do other stuff.

Most other class’s don’t get this option and would need to spam aoe’s, which make it clear they know a rouge is around.

So go on, advise how this stops the rogue waiting for the opportune moment to ambush me.

1 Like

If you don’t want to be opened on, you leave?

Based on your “understanding” of Spy, I highly doubt you can, Sparky.

1 Like

Big brain post

Make a combatlog window 18 punto red with enemy player actions. Use a /tar macro. BAM! Magic. You got spy addon installed.

I couldnt understand those clueless people’ spy topics.

2 Likes

The original post explains why in that clip that warlock only died because of Spy. He should have been safe, I should not have known he was there, however I get a large amount of kills in situations similar to this or in a way where it directly helps me kill someone I should not be able to.

As to your comments about using a target macro to kill a specific player, or camp a high traffic area. Let’s be real I’m not gonna make a target macro for a player because I don’t know they are there without Spy and with it I can just click them.
As far as camping high traffic areas, that’s pretty much what I have been doing, and without Spy telling me exactly how many people are coming off the boat and how many are stealthed I would get a hell of a lot less HK’s.

As for stealthers, being a horde Rogue I have very very often hit stealth completely out of range and LoS of people only to see multiple perceptions go up, shields being refreshed, ice barrier being applied for no reason etc. This is not normal behavior.

In short, I should never know there are Alliance waiting around a corner for me, how many, and what classes they are. I should never know exactly how many Alliance are in that raid group camping LHC. I should never know there is someone in a house near me. I should never be able to find and kill someone someone ONLY because of an addon.

4 Likes