Should I come back to TBC now?

Gonna take a break from SoM because I wont raid anymore however for now until I feel like I want to put some more.

I will want to go firemaw alliance and gehennas horde. I will make a hunter, mage or lock to level start from easy. is it good time to start now or wait til p3?

1 Like

yes, it is fun

this
(but better firemaw horde due to slight faction imbalance)

never

yes, because

will go in a week

1 Like

iā€™l go blood elf hunter on firemaw. this should be interesting. I got badboy addon to block theb oost and gdkp spams

you should go with Global Ignore List, it working better (for me at least)

oh yeah I havent loaded it yet. lol

I mean, GIL has the same functionality on filtering chat by keyword (ā€œgdkpā€, ā€œboostā€, whatever) as BadBoy, just working better (but maybe itā€™s only for me, and maybe 'cause I playing in Russian realm with mostly Cyrillic text in chat, idk) and smoother.

maybe you will also like SpamThrottle addon (that blocks repeated message in N seconds), but it does not work well for me (maybe also because of cyrillic messages in chat, idk)

P.S. whatā€™s wrong with gdkp raids?
it is not the same as boosting, you wonā€™t be allowed in raid if youā€™re not decent (logs or gear at least), but some gold in your backpack will increase your chance to loot an item.

this is how gdkp works in (RU) Flamegor, idk about mega EU servers.

P.P.S. if thereā€™s more than one human doing some activity, there will be a market. itā€™s a rule.

Well for starters it encourages RMT, and many people that participate in those raids buy gold. But I read in some interview that a Classic Dev participates in those raids themselves, so uhā€¦ yeah. Itā€™s not like itā€™s going away when the devs promote it too.

atm i am playing melee hunter but at least I am doing something new for a change.

uhm, okay, but
noone will take you to gdkp if youā€™re newbie, have no gear and no logs

(if we are not talking about T4 raids, but for T4 raids you donā€™t need tons of gold, 1000G will be enough for gearing in Kara ie, thatā€™s three hours of farming)

and yes, boosting (ā€œbring us 20000 gold and all loot is yoursā€) exists in top guilds and thatā€™s cancer.
but not any GDKP is equal to boosting.

Itā€™s great on the big realms, plenty of people leveling and all dungeons being ran.

/leave 4 works just as well.

This isnā€™t retail you know.

at least it helped me get to level 10 and got my pet I want until i get the ravager. its a boar until I tame the ravager in outland but I named the boar after someone as a pun.

What I did is waited until I was 17 then went to Bloodmyst Isle and trained one as a Horde. You could go at 10 or 11.

Took me a few goes as they have an interrupt but here you go.

You die at the end of the pier after swimming to it, near the boat in Auberdine and ress on the boat.

I dont exactly need the ravager yet. my boar is enough until I get the ravager. right now my hunter is lvl 18. I was right to pick it i can catch up easy.

gehennas is dead

even I moved my horde 70 warrior from gehennas to firemaw

1 Like

I also took a pause for a while. I have lvl 38 warlock, left in Desolace. Considering turning back but esp Desolace was an empty zone a month ago. How is the world leveling experience nowadays? Could I find dungeons if I wanted to?

i quit when gehennas was still going

i just dislike anything other than vanilla

flying mounts break the game feels like diablo 3

in firemaw horde it wasnt too bad but not great when I was leveling on my blood elf hunter

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.