Should RBGs grant the same rewards as arena?

I don’t feel like it requires the same set of skills. It also seems quite a bit more forgiving.

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

I don’t see why not.

1 Like

why does every one think arena should be the epitome of pvp? i despise arena. it is just pillar rubbing and trading cds. in rbg you at least need some form of tactic.

if they would remove rewards from rbg i would quit pvp 100%

7 Likes

Rbg should use the same mmr system as arena , so when u have 0cr and u win , u should win 96 and not 196 .

1 Like

I am just a baddie, but we sure face quite some 2.1k RBG players who are at 1400-1500 rating in the other brackets with a significant amount of games played. Makes one wonder…perhaps it is too easy or fast to get rating in RBGs.

2 Likes

i woud say oposit , arena shoud use more like rbg mmr, geting +5+8+4 -17 is not fun

1 Like

Yes you should be able to get even glad mount in rated bg as getting 2400 in rated bg takes atleast 400 games and that is a lot of time.

I think RBGs needs to be knocked down a peg or the MMR needs to be fixed, cause I’m hearing people with negative win ratios are getting to places they don’t belong in.

MMR must be fixed, idk. How community will say if 1300 arena players with 38% winrate take 2400 glad mount in RBG? Kekw

Source of that ? I mean I got to 1k5 in like 8 rbg win and you’re telling me I’ll need 392 more wins to get 900 rating ?

U win more first 10-15 games, its placements.

After that even woth good mmr u win 23-30rating.

I know, but those numbers are made up anyway. 400 games to get 2400 lmao, well it’s actually possible if you have a trash ratio I guess, but it’s far from being the general rule

Just because you can’t break the 1800 bracket, doesn’t mean everyone else should have less enjoyment of their prefered pvp mode.

They are being carried by 2400+ players.

It’s irelevant when you’re 20/100 W/L and suddenly streak to 80/100.

I dont blame ppl for abusing the easy RBG gearing
arena is a mess especially 2v2… if you are a casual who plays at 1,4-1,6k you face a lot of 226+ ilvl clowns

they shouldn’t because it is definitely easier to climb up in rbgs than in arenas, less personal skill required, inflated ratings. but on the other hand let’s face it since their inception the very large majority of rbg players are players who couldn’t get their t2 weapons in arenas, or red mop enchant and such. nowadays people play rbgs to get a rival or duelist title with the gear that comes with it bc they’re largely unable to get it in arenas. so it does make sense “business”-wise to have the same rewards in rbgs because if you don’t that bracket would be less played / dead, and I feel like it’s already been way less active since mains who’ve been playing since season start are almost fully geared.

what they should do instead:

• remove arena titles in rbgs and introduce back the soldier / guardian of the “faction”, remove elite title and why not add a new 2400+ mount
  • have gear rewards lowered a bit if they’re still going with the current system, have combatant at 1600 instead of 1400, challenger 1800, rival 2100 and duelist 2400. currently you can get 2400 in rbgs by clicking your frames/nameplates/spellbars and having no clue about the game and just having a pve rotation.

that way you limit a bit the overgeared players in lower arena tiers while keeping rbgs interesting and rewarding instead of currently being a free pass.

3 Likes

RBGs are too easy of a way to get the arena gear and it’s unfair. the 1700-1800 range of RBG players often consists of players hard stuck at 1200-1300 in both arena brackets, and many 1400 players at 2000+. it’s free gear really, provided you have the time to grind it.
then they go to the arena and gatekeep everyone who don’t have the time to spam RBGs and it’s wrong.

there is prestige with getting a reward if it’s difficult. not if it’s as easy as RBGs are until high ratings.

2 Likes

Lol no then we’ll see even more boosted potatoes.

If rbgs were 6v6 then sure

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/675796660194115615/809195472450748426/20210210_234948.png

I 100% agree with this. If m+ is going to be capped at 220, so should RBG.

5 Likes

If rbg is so easy then why do people not play it far more often to get their 226 gear?

If it is so easy then just play it and get your free rating.

Everyone thinking themselves a better player because arena requires more skill is delusional

3 Likes

because there is quite of an enormous leap between 2400 which is currently a joke and hero cutoff?
because there are no achievs above 2400?
because except the 233 weapon there’s no gear above 226?

it does actually. rbgs are on the same level of non credibility as 2s regarding ratings. you can literally be clicking your frames and spellbars and still hit 2400 in rbgs which is harder in arenas even while playing something “easy” for the same rating as turbo or shadowplay.