Should warlock be the only good DPS?

atm warlock is the only good dps. is this what good game design looks like?

4 Likes

Hunter is quite a lot better? Apart from that, not sure what is going on here.

It is the time for every class to shine, this is how Blizz makes money. Right now its hunter big time, warlocks second. We have seen rogues and mages intended, and warriors accidental, in the past.

And it also depends how you look at data right? As a true parse slave, you will be disregarding elemental shamans. However when looking at parses of total dungeon runs you will see those spiffy chain lightnings on trash get Ele a big boost as well.

However Meta is boss parse is slave, and you probably are it.

Made that cryptic to trigger people.

1 Like

Depends on who you ask.

Casual guilds (like mine) don’t care much, we barely log raids, we don’t cleave high king for parsing. We are just having fun and clearing content in an evening.

More hardcore guilds would not look at the class alone but the player/parses, I’ve seen “non-meta” classes beat “meta” classes.

So the answer is yes, no, maybe, who cares, etc etc etc.

3 Likes

nah warlocks are better, having actual good aoe is a massive advantage.

ele is good but that is due to the support. their dps is quite weak compared to warlocks and even mages.
you look at the overall damage, those “spiffy chain lightnings” will still keep the shaman at half the warlock’s damage.

1 Like

Better doesn’t mean good AoE only, single target matters just as much.

1 Like

No it wont, it all depends on how long AoE targets live right? With everybody working their as of on trash, SoC power is lower. Ele shaman is pretty good, though I wont deny warlock is better.

On single target dmg though, hunter is a LOT better than warlock. So what are we really caring about?

Warlock is only the best dps when they are fighting 35 targets at once. The class balance is fine, if you were in my raid group you would get crushed by dps warriors. Me, specifically… Unless you’re fighting against 35 targets. You would also get crushed by the hunters, and on some fights the Arcane mages.

Unless you’re fighting 35 targets, of course. Then again, if the 35 targets die fast enough, Arcane Mage will beat you there too, until they go oom.

welcome to the world of warcraft where every class have shined in a short period of time till blizzard decided to balance all classes & that what killed the game. “perfect balance made the game as a routine, no fun playing any class when everyone can almost do same dps as each other & have aoe, and almost same utility”

ofc for TBC warlocks are the best dps class, which will make upcming raids much easier if you stacked on warlocks, BUT it all depend on the atmosphere you want to be in! if you’re playing something you like or if you’re playing a bandwagon class & want to join the meta-slaves.

1 Like

damn u really put some thought into saying that

hunter is not better. try SSC and u will see

u are on the wrong forums my dude

Done SSC and TK. Warlocks are strong and necessary, but they can be outclassed on a bunch of fights. Fathom Lord, Lurker, Void Reaver, Solarian. Hydross if you do boss burn strat. Just like they are outclassed on T4 fights (4th best class at 99 percentile).

T5 is designed fine to be cleared by a balanced raid comp, goodluck on Kael Thas if you don’t have melee dagger to break your CC’s and apply the magic damage debuff you need to do damage to begin with. I don’t mean to hurt your ego but if you were in my raid you would end up below me on the meters on a large amount of fights, and I play a Warrior. I’ve seen your logs in T4 too, and that is currently the case.

TBC class balance in raiding is fine.

2 Likes

1melee or zero in whole raid…that’s how TBC class balance works.
hunters can use dagger & stack debuff on kael & remove MC.

2 Likes

im sure u got a strong basis for that claim, considering i’ve never been outdpsed in any kara ive been in and threatcapped in 25 mans (which let’s be real aren’t much of raids)

on top of this u are a tauren player, u are not outdpsing anyone

This is a retail character - You can check my WCL Quattro on Razergore. But tbh it doesn’t matter, you can just like I said check 99 percentile statistics, lock is 4th in T4.

Why would to take a hunter to kill KT only to have them perform as a melee dps? Like what hunter is signing up to do that? Honestly, that’s some degenerate stuff.

1 Like

last kara u did 5% more dmg than the blue geared warlock, u had enhance & cor. he had no firemage/CoE
the one before that similar story except u were outdpsed by 25% despite similar advantages.

sure i’ll give u one thing u know how to reck different bosses every week xD

2 Likes

I tank Kara, I’m also rank 4 in the world all-star in Kara but nice one.

all-stars limited to boss parses, not including real dps. it has been a meme all of classic, not sure what people thought of it on retail though.

i’m sure u were tanking a lot when u took 100k more dmg than the enhance in an entire kara when u did 5% more dmg than a blue geared lock with 0 support

You should have informed yourself about the game before playing… There’s literally nothing new or unknown seeing tbc was released 2007

You’re cherrypicking data like trash dps in a Karazhan run where I’m literally the offtank, to distract from the fact that I did more dps than you on 2/3 25man bosses, while not having an optimal group and playing the “lesser” class.

You made this thread to brag and it’s pathetic. Class balance in TBC is fine. If you were in my raid I would crush your ego and within 2 weeks you’d be my little pet.

1 Like

you’re the one cherrypicking data when you avoid an entire raid like karazhan and rather focus on a 20s fight purely down to crit rating like HKM

I’m the offtank, most of my Karazhan logs I’m playing protection. I have a shield equipped for a lot of the raid, why on earth would I care about trash dps as an offtank? I get to do proper dps on the bosses, that’s why I did 400more dps than you did on Illhoof while you’re playing the best class for Illhoof.

But honestly, I do not at all care about Karazhan DPS. You came here to make a dumb thread and you got what you wanted, now you’re stoopin to comparing your 10man trash dps with an offtank Warrior. What next?

5 Likes