Shrine of the Storm

So i became addicted this week running so many M+ , i managed to time 9/10 of the required Dungeons for Rank 4 essences .

Shrine is were i am stuck ! .

SOTS needs a slight nerf i think , specially the spell damage of trash + second boss needs a look from Devs , once you kill second boss , its like the Dungeon is done ! , everything else is a breeze , but this is the problem .

Not sure I agree, the last boss is normally the sticking point on shrine.

If people interrupt wrong the healer dies. If they kill adds wrong the healer dies. If the healer hits a tentacle the healer dies. If the tank kites the boss badly…

The spell damage isn’t bad, it was likely bursting stacks in there too but if you take the trash methodically you can neutralise it quite well.

Maybe because i am a Warrior and suffer with magic damage a lot i am looking at it this way , last boss is hard yes , but only needs learning and not pulling him to decide kick rotation for the party ( only takes you 15 sec top )

Yes the 2nd boss is the desider you make it or not. The last boss is kind of easy. You can get in sunken and dps just dps and interrupt 1 and let 1 cosume go, and nobody dies. Then the tank and healer comes back and kill the 2nd one (and heal up).

But the timer seems a bit more forgiving on shrine when you can deadskip after 2nd boss to the bridge and then invis to the lashers. So I have 8/10 of the dungeons in time but our problems are Tol dagor and Siege.

We are getting close to time 17’s on other dungeons like Temple, Waycrest and Freehold, but a 15 on these 2 (and KR but we got that one 2 weeks ago on 15) ,the timers are really rough.

Second boss doesnt need a look from Dev, needs a look by players :smiley:

Best to do on voice, os people don’t waste interrupts.

Not every group is completely rogues + dhs with tons of interrupts :frowning: In the end it is chaos anyway :smile: although we manage to kill it on +15 with tyrannical. But all the other 3 bosses are a complete push over. So I suppose it is balance :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Would gladly Tank and DPS TD and SOB for you guys , they are MUCH easier for me than SOTS .

And yes second boss in SOTS needs voice comm which most people refuse to use :confused:

We are a full group, but thanks you :wink:
What is the problem outside of the 2nd boss?

Its mainly i think people knowledge and communication

For example , how to skip the pac with the water ele and preform the perfect jump since the water ele can see stealth , on big pulls people must have there own target to kick or slow or even both , and various stuff in the whole dungeon like kicking order for group and some boss mechanics like third boss dps job.

Man i think i did like 13 runs so far , all failed to be timed :confused:

A shaman healer does help though, pick me please!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

We have never but once I think skipped the elemental. I know on fortified it takes some time, but it is not needed for making the timer. We already deadskip + invisskip like everything from 2nd to 3rd boss :slight_smile:

I am the healer already :wink: A paladin though :smile:

I hate shrine because of the second boss. It feels more like a raid boss than a dungeon boss. It’s not much of a problem on fortified, but once it hits tyrannical, I won’t even bother running it. There’s too much going on at the same time with too much AoE damage, too many interrupts that are required to be coordinated while kiting two different bosses.

No, I hate this boss, I think it should be changed, nerfed or removed. I don’t think bosses like this belong in a dungeon.

^^

This , this boss + BFA’s GCD changes makes dps panic , you have to kick , move and do high dps on Tyrannical .

One missclick and its a wipe , one wrong movement = death

That boss fight needs a look like the trash between second and third Bosses in KR need a look …

Or just go around the left. That skipis not needed and skips that like that can break a run easily and pointlessly.

What if we are running heavy mele group ? , with 2 or even 3 mele DPS that is annoying

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.