Silvermoon updated to match the current story

Don’t try to argue with the living. It’s like reasoning with a monkey.

You can explain it all to them later after they’ve been raised.

2 Likes

How…honest of you.

3 Likes

since youre willing to raise people. Coudl you dk’s go kill saurfang and raise him as a dk? and give him a new runed axe or something aswell?

We cannot. Without spoiling too much of the future patch, he has to be a true martyr.

We’ll put Sylvanas’ head on a pike at the summit of Acherus instead.

I can raise you, if you keep asking. :smiling_imp:

When / if Silvermoon gets an update i hope that Aurosalia gets her much needed “revenge” on Elrodan who has been polymorphing her for years now.

An update to the city would look superb indeed.So much potential.

4 Likes

Silvermoon does need an update, especially to make it so that it actually feels like one of the last bastions of the Horde in the Eastern Kingdoms and to show most of Eversong Woods and Silvermoon City buy and large reclaimed with ongoing attempts at healing the dead scar.

To be honest though the same needs to happen with Azuremyst Isle, the whole city in the ruins of a crashed spaceship thing just doesn’t work after your race has now seen Draenei civilization again on Draenor, defeated the Legion and gained new Lightforged allies whilst doing it.

2 Likes

Wouldnt be to bad actully.

Welcome to the Ebon Blade then. Your MO is to get in the way of Paladins and steal their characters.

If (strong if) the rumours are true and the Night Elves are reclaiming and restoring Eldre’Thalas, then Silvermoon needs a make-over for sure.

It’s unfair to have Suramar and Eldre’Thalas as thriving cities, but leave Silvermoon, stuck in it’s half-ruined state.
The only concern I have for an updated Quel’Thalas and Azuremyst & Bloodmyst Isle is what story can they truly tell next for those zones?

It needs to be convincing and true. I reckon, the former should get something involving Azshara and her Naga, perhaps holding plans to claim the Sunwell’s power for their own, but I’m not sure about what the Draenei could get. A void vs light thing, or would that be more LF Draenei?

2 Likes

Very very very strong if there. Worry not, I’m sure they’ll redo Silvermoon before a new nelf capital.

Speaking of Suramar - between entire district(s) being wiped out and the losses taken in fighting for the Legion and later against, I’m surprised that the city isn’t half empty.

Maybe it is. Only the Nighthold was updated. The rest of the city is still locked in the Legion era. And afaik the only military forces the Nightborne could afford to spare in this expansion were a small archeology expedition in Zuldazar, a few named characters here and there, and a trio of self-absorbed losers who fight in the Island Expeditions.

2 Likes

Good. The more dead palladins the better(escpially the human ones and espcially the male human ones) + anduin the discount palladin they can all die and be turned in some lowly ghoul fodder.
Except tirion and Uther they can be dk’s.

2 Likes

Enough with this Human Paladin witch hunt! Stop this madness in the name of your High King!

Nah kill them all, and raise tirion and uther as dk’s rest as mindless ghouls.
And il never ever except Anduin as High king, i could accept Varian but not his worhtless son.

1 Like

Somehow hearing a Night Elf that’s thousands of years old calling a dude in his 40’s “my king” , feels so wrong.

4 Likes

Does it? I suppose. It also feels wrong to see Lightforged Draenei and Space Elves chatting in a medieval high fantasy city.

1 Like

Baffles me why anyone would consider a character, who’s entire existence is to combat a RL political ideology as some sort of “good” or “epic” character.

Give me good characters, not cheap fodder “let’s combat the idiotic ‘toxic masculinity’” Anduin. Give me Varian or Genn. Real male characters, who are worth getting fingernails dirty for.

4 Likes

Welcome to the night elf faction. Inside are more horrors, free of charge.

Oh and lore wise, the Kaldorei absolutely despise the idea of nobility and inherited titles. Especially King and Queen; looking at you Azshara.

2 Likes

These two things do not compute. If it was a medieval city (Which it ain’t) then you’re right, but if it is a High Fantasy city, then Lightforged and Void Elves suit it just fine.

Warcraft is -not- set in medieval times. It is its own bizarre mix of Classical, Dark Ages, Medieval, Renaissance, Steampunk, Victorian, and all sorts of things. You can’t define it as a single period setting, it just is its own thing.

I agree. I can agree to an extent with the ideology of “Men don’t have to be rough and tough” but by the same token they should be able to if they are, well, rough and tough, just the same as women… Any character used to force an agenda is doomed to be seen as a cypher with no real interesting characteristics of their own.

Anyway, back on topic; Silvermoon, like the Draenei zones, -needs-updating. It will not however get it. The zones are on the Outlands maps, a fact Blizzard often trot out as the excuse that you can’t fly there, which is patently kodocrap because Outlands zones are the first ones you -could- fly in.
There ironically is not perceived as a need for it as it is not seen as a ‘Hub’. Which will doubtless come as a surprise to the bustling community of Blood Elf and Nightborne guilds that call it home. My character went out for drinkies last night with four guildies, as we’d just came back from campaign, and the streets and tavern were bustling. This weekend is going to see a huge celebration of Sin’dorei heritage and culture, in a four day Festival in honour of Dath’remar, going by Guilds signing up there will be a -lot- of Elves there, as well as their friends, and other curious Horde races. It is a massive Hub, the Horde has two, Orgrimmar and Silvermoon, both see huge amounts of RP.

And therein lies the problem.
Silvermoon is only a popular hub, for Roleplayers. WHy would Raiders or PvP’ers go to Silvermoon to loiter around waiting for their queues to fill? The place lacks many things, no Transmogrifier, no Void Storage, heck, not even a Barber. No PvP mount vendors, no PvE armour set vendors. It, like every city apart from Stormwind and Orgrimmar, and whatever the current expansion cities are, have been completely thrown under the bus by Blizzard.

They simply do not care. Why update a City trapped in TBC, when you could Kowtow to the vocal minority and degrade the graphics of the game to release Classic. (I know that is a different team, but heck, I pay my sub to pay that teams wages, I want them working on stuff I want, not stuff I had 15 years ago, remember with shudders and do not want again).

It won’t get an upgrade, because Blizzard are lazy, and are more interested in chasing that nostalgia dollar, than actually maintaining the real version of the game.

I mean you would have thought, that at a time when the Exodar, and Silvermoon face the grim realities of being the remaining two Bastions of Alliance and Horde on the two major continents, when their Strategical survival is key to both factions for the continued war of dominance over the continents, you would have thought that such would be an ideal time for both to be updated to reflect that shift in importance.

But no. Lets work on making Hunter Pets have Emoji’s when they’re unhappy, and a game where a Hunter can carry 1000 arrows in quivers because -that- is good Role Play elements. Have they ever -tried- carrying more than 40 arrows? I have. 60 is the top, and your performance as an archer actually degrades anywhere beyond 40, as does your mobility. anywhere near 100 (I’ve never met anyone stupid enough to do so) and your ability to actually loose the damned arrows goes out of the window.

Likewise Warriors “They’re bringing back the RPG elements of the game in Classic!” Really? Twenty Battleaxes in a pouch is RPG Elements, is it? That’s what people think an RPG is these days is it? It used to stand for Role Playing Game,

So if bringing back the Role Playing Game elements people keep trumpeting about with the announcement of Classic, then perhaps they could do something for people who actually do Role Play in their Game world, and Update those places that are hubs…

I despair at times, I really do…

3 Likes