Sin vs Outlaw which one

Which one and why. I have no idea which to pick, i do both raiding and m+.
Help me?

The answer to that is pick what you have fun playing when you try the specs.
Now if you want pure performance Outlaw is currently the best spec in M+ probably in the whole game and not just among the different Rogue specs and does okay in raid, while Assa still does great in M+ and is excellent in raid.

2 Likes

Just play both; assa in raids and outlaw in m+

Assassin for:

• world pvp
  • pvp
  • raids
  • can be competitive in m+ but no where near outlaw

Outlaw for:

• very specific bosses in raids
  • current king of m+

Personally enjoying outlaw myself but I know other people who dislike it for being ‘too simple’ too. So honestly pick your poison.
They’re both decent, tho for m+ Outlaw’s cleave is second to none. And unless you’re pushing deep into mythic you can do fine as Outlaw even on non-cleave bosses honestly. You don’t need to 100% min-max everything on LFR to Heroic.

assa is easier for raiding due to it being so good at tunneling and ST damage, outlaw is best melee for M+ end of subject TBH.

You can do assa in M+ but be prepped for people to out dps you in areas you have to spec into to do well.

not had any complaints for playing assa in any m+ pugs i have joined.

only thing that seem to matter is your raider io score :stuck_out_tongue:

Sin! Be the god of poisons, and stab 'em all!

Remember outlaws getting a big nerf. On 5 target training dummy I’m doing 40k dps with 3x deadshot and 1x wits. With 3x dead and 0x wits it’s 30k.

Outlaw will still be decent for m+, pretty poor for raids. Subs all around a bit mehhh. Best bet is assassin for pvp and raids. Outlaw for m+ by the looks of it.

I finding Outlaw a real frustration. A real pain in the ars, just because of the damne RNG of the dices.

You start off building combo point, use "Roll the Bones", get one of the 3 worst dices. Start rebuilding combo-points, "Roll the bones", same bad dice. Start to rebuild combo-point again, now I get an other of the really bad dices. Rebuild combo-point.

Now I lag behind the rest of the raid in DPS by a mile, and not because of lack of skill, but to lack of bad luck with RNG.

And this happens WAY to often. And AoE? This is even more frustrating when you AoE as most other classes has "1 button AoE" nuke where we still need to press multiple buttons to do AoE. Sure, we only need to keep doing our rotation, but on trash mobs it still takes time to do this rotation.

1 press, Blade Flurry.

2 press sinister strike, we are now already lagging behind as other classes has 1 button to press.

3 press sinister strike.

4 if lucky crit now you can do roll the bones. If not? Sinister trike

5 if un-lucky, roll the bones now.

If you now got good dices you can start take back the slack because of combo-point building. If no good dice, watch other classes out-DPS you by a mile.

Roll the bones is just way too much RNG. RNG decides if you do good dps or bad dps. Not your skill -_-

Im rerolling assassin where my skill will determen my dps and not the rng.

Just be aware that while you are right in the stupid RNG system of RtB if you think Outlaw has AoE issues because of it when it is, both at once, the strongest and the easiest spec for big cleave… You have a little rogue gameplay issue !
Also it’s not as catastrophic as you claim, in the end 2 buffs are insane, out of 6, 1 is okay, the other 3 aren’t good but one allows to to rebuild CP super fast. So, 2/6 outcomes you want to keep, 1/6 you might keep or reroll fast, 1/6 you will reroll fast, 2/6 are bad and you’ll lose dps if you happen to be low on energy. It does happen that we roll horrible dices three or four times in a row but come on it’s rare, people just remember more that that they remember rolling crit buff. Also any 2 buff combination is to be kept so that’s other rare outcomes totally in our favor.
In the end when you roll a nice buff you’ll have above average sustained damage for approx 40s, and that’s very good. Good outlaw rogues are ALWAYS behind when a fight starts unless it starts with AoE like Rasta. But once they’ve got their buffs and their sustained damage rolling you’ll see them slowly gaining ranks on the meter and when the boss dies (unless it’s a super easy boss that you one shot) they are usually decently placed if they play well. But yes in opener times and during the first minutes you’ll be behind unless your first roll with 5CP right when you use AR happens to be a 5 buffs roll without Burried Treasure.

Also come on when you have BF up with Wits you can reroll every 3 GCD, 2 if you had Broadside… You will get that buff !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.