Since INT is the lowest stat

Does that mean, I need to consider low ilvl? I’ll sim whatever drops obviously, but still wondering.

Errrrr, in a lot of cases yes. Shadow needs a solid base of haste and crit, and pretty much requires both of your rings to provide both haste and crit (Neither of yours do) to get enough.

It depends. Sims are generally done on the value of a single point of a stat, but you get a significant amount more of your primary stat than secondary stats.

e.g. my hands have a total of 229 secondary stat and 431 intellect

So even if intellect is your least valued stat, your items (barring rings) provide nearly twice as much of it.

Honestly what are you talking about? Do you mean stat weight sims? Because that’s not how simming your top gear works. To be honest, that’s not even how stat weights work. Like, for real. Your stat weights tell you how much dps you gain per point in a stat. For example on my priest, haste gives me 6.01 dps per one point, crit gives 5.99 dps per point and int gives a measly 2.93 dps per point. Which means, 100 haste equals to 601 dps increase, while 200 int gives only 586 dps increase.
Stat weights of course are different for people, even if they play the same spec, because it depends on what gear you have, but it doesn’t change the fact that Shadow relies heavily on both haste and crit, even at the cost of intellect.
Not to mention if you want to decide whether or not the piece you just got is an upgrade, you should sim it via top gear anyway and not fiddle with stat weights.

I’m no sim expert, but you mean to say, just sim it, and choose what raidbot says is better? :smiley:

Got a crit/haste weapon with my weekly, so I guess that’s a good one :slight_smile:

The big things to be looking at targeting right now for you are rings and azerite. Haste crit rings, and correct azerite traits are incredibly important.

1 Like

Cheer :slight_smile: atm I waste focussing on learning to play the spec, but you’re right, will check which azerite gear/traits is best for this spec.

I mean, learning to play the spec is good too. But it’s important to know what pieces of gear you’re after too :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was doing Mechagon, thing is, I am doing that for the 4th time now, I honestly don’t have the energy for it. Since we got other essences, and good new ones, is this really BiS for the new raid, or we can perfectly do with the others ?

Vision of perfection isn’t good for shadow.

Purification protocol will probably be a good minor for raids in 8.3 but it’s not amazing now.

The main essences shadow wants are CLF, Lucid Dreams, Iris, and Crucible. Also Bote (Rank 2) as a minor essence to use over Crucible if the boss has multiple targets.

Cheers :slight_smile: PvP essences is a no go for me, I just get essences from content I enjoy. Not a mythic raideer really, and my main content will be dungeons, but may have a go at NM / HC raid. And I don’t feel like getting that mechagon essence for every single DPS alt of mine :wink:

Will try and get the raid one, rank 2 at least, since rank 3 requires HC raid, and not really ready for that yet.

Is this some sort of shadow thread i am too holy to understand?

Yup, that is correct :wink:

Rank 2 CLF is almost completely useless, because the big power gains come from rank 3, and it’s competing against other rank 3s you do have access to like Lucid Dreams and Even Focusing Iris.

For M+ you’ll want Iris Major, Lucid Minor (Rank3), and Bote minor (Rank 2 or 3). You can get away with purification protocol 3 instead of Bote, but it is noticeably worse. This doesn’t change between dungeons or weeks.

The problem is this whole time gating :smiley: I got on vacation in 4 weeks, for 5 weeks, and that raid essence takes a few weeks to get, depending on whether you finish NM or HC.

Just get a King lockout on one of your alts and reuse it till you’ve got all your visions you only need to do the 1 boss each week for it.

Cheers mate, but wasn’t talking about the dungeon one :smiley: the rep grind version :slight_smile:

Ah ya, that one blows. Not too bad on +50% rep weeks though, like 1600 rep/day just doing prototypes and the main WQ, both of which you can complete just gathering chests unless it’s rares day.

I just do the WQ, and open some chests, cba to do all the little quests, unless they’re rly fast ones.

I did finally get my Dungeon Essence rank 2. The explosive orbs, I use Mind Flay on them, that’s the correct one right?

Generally explosives are melee’s job but ya you can hit them with vb/mb/mf if melee cant get to them in time.