Skirmish is what soloq could be

Well only this mode not allow them to play comps, old more still remains… so they can chease each other across fields forever with heir faceroll setups

Btw I have 0 respect to those S-tier meta comps, I really consider them very low skill, because blizzard balance approach is bad, they usualy create 2-3 S-tier godlike classes which even someone grandma can play, and rest classes are paesant classes compared to them… so on AWC we not watching skills but we are watching how those kids abuse meta, i contempt this with all my being ! This is reason why wow is E-Sport joke

Had this encounter in BFA where the enemy skirm team was missing a dps so I sat back and let them fight out a 2v2 until our destro lock died.

2 Likes

idk dude, I play a lot of skirmishes and 8/10 times they’re undergeared as.

The comps that exists today and are common have developed over many years. People try out, see it works, it becomes a thing.
Then there are combinations that are tried out, they have too many counters or just doesn’t synergise cc wise and they won’t last, only thing that can change it is if blizzard changes the spec’s in some way that allows for them to start working. Sometimes such changes also mean that comps will die off.

To put it shortly, all spec’s doesn’t work with each other. Play a rogue and you won’t have a wide variety of comps viable to you at this time. Not to do with skill, that’s how it works in this game and the evolution in pvp shows it.

Different game. Stop it there.

Put up or shut up already. Roll one of those s-tier spec’s and show how low skill they are instead of spouting the same thing over and over.

Thats the charm of soloq. Everyone faces those obstacles when trying to climb in soloq.

No we shouldn’t.

We had the same type of reactions back in the day in GW2. Where are those pessimists now? Where are those guys that claimed soloq would be the death of GW2 pvp?

https:/ /forum-en.gw2archive .eu/forum/game/pvp/Why-Solo-Queue-is-a-Bad-Idea

Read the damn thing. It literally couldve been copy pasted from any of the naysayers on this very forum.

“Moreover, solo queue luck of the draw means that you’ll often get sub-par allies, clueless teammates, ragequitters, etc”

“The team with the best communications is SUPPOSED to have an advantage. People who are interested in competitive gaming seriously should realize and accept this, and understand that if you want to be competitive you need to get a team.”

"The game simply isn’t all about individual skill, it’s also about teamwork, and to ask for a solo queue is to ask for this component to be removed simply because you can’t compete in it. "

“My final concern is possibly the most important one: there just aren’t enough teams around! Making a separate solo queue will mean huge waiting times for anyone still playing as a team, which will lead to people getting bored and quitting”

These are the same toughts some of you doubters been having about soloq in wow.

They are all proven wrong by now…

7 years later we still have short waiting times. Good matchmaking even at 7 in the morning. Lots of activity (50-100 pvp friends on during peak hours). Soloq lead to a lot of new teams being formed; monthly champions and even anual world champs.

How big are the GW2 teams? I dare say that WoW arena, being a 2v2 or 3v3 mode that is heavily reliant on specific group compositions, will work much differently with a soloqueue systems than something even like rated battlegrounds would.

Solo q where it is always caster/healer/melee and every comp would be viable. Problem solved

Its 5v5. But it also heavily relies in team comps. You basicly need:

1 support which is the GW2 version of a healer. Who buffs and heals allies.
1 brawler which is basicly a sturdy team fighter who can keep his support safe and deny ppl from capping nodes.
1 Sidenoder which is a strong 1v1er that can try to ninja the opposing bases and keep up in a 1v2 for a bit.
1 roamer which is a mobile glass canon that can +1 fights and make fights snowball.

Anything that doesnt fit this mold would be less then ideal. Good players will make less then ideal work tho. Thats the charm of soloq.

pvp balance good? lol I just stop reading after that, dude you have no idea.

What class cant compete at top level atm? Exactly…all of them

You just lack skill, experience and gear. That’s the reason you’re getting stomped in pvp. Has nothing to do with lack of class balance.

Offcourse I not gonna shut up, I will always disrespect meta and I will do it very loud, because there is army of people with same opinion behind me, and you know what? according to sub cancel and unhappy people, we may have more numbers than you soon or later, then we will see if your low skill meta continue to decide direction of WoW E-Sport, currently guys like you bring only shame and disgrace to holy WoW E-sport, it become joke due low skill meta…

Promoting meta in such a bad state is like you promote doping in Footbal, its against of fairplay, we come to point when people not even respect ratting , titles and winners, all because low skill classes which those people play, thats your reality , deal with it ! What you want next? AWC winner and crowd to yell booooooooooooooooooooooooooo because mage geting trophy? (but current situation cry for this to happen, and it gonna happen soon or later if blizzard dont stop this circus)

E-Sport = fairplay = let the better win ! NOT to watch how some snealy low skill kids abuse meta with overbuffed classes. its not quality of play worth of E-Sport ,. its shame and I will always spit on, nothing can change that

its 100% your fault that you stuck at 1550 with 226 ilvl as frost dk. i played rshaman frost dk last week its a decent comb. Frost isnt meta in 2s but its definitely viable.

I know that it is my fault. I reached 1600 in 2s early in the season, decided arena is not as fun as rbg and pushed to 2100 in rbg. Didn’t touch arena for a long time until I helped my shaman friend reach 1600 when he leveled his shaman alt.

Now I usually dont play arena except when I am missing 100 conquest or so for the weekly cap and know I cant get these points bu doing epic and random bgs.

The reason i dont like arena is that you are basically forced t play with a healer or you play rogue mage or double hybrid. And then you face meta comps 90% of the time.

And there are dps classes that have such an advantage over fdk just because blizzard doesn’t give a flying pigeon about balance.

I rather enjoy facing non meta comps in skirmish. Though I wish we could get rating in random arena

Nope, some spec’s have more options than others. Current example would be warriors.

Different game, classes work differently.

No, not wasting time reading some link.

Play those spec’s you claim are so easy. If they are you should reach some high ratings too.
Don’t strawman me.

And army of people? I only see you spouting the same thing over and over here on the forums. Mimimimimi x spec is so easy, I despise them, anyone can play them.
Well play spec’s. Play those comps.

And not reading the rest of your strawmans.

1 Like

point is solo queue will take nothing away from the game and will only add. Don’t know what people have problems with it?

If we are lucky it turns out to be a success and blizz actually start balancing classes on a 1v1 schemata instead of their poor excuse of 3v3 which not even most people are playing in the first play.
3v3 would be dead if glad was awarded in 2s for example…
3v3 is not widely popular in the first place.

and if it isn’t a success, well it will just be a dead button in the interface like skirmishes.
Only requirement for sure is to balance the gear issues we have before opening up solo queue.
Suggestion would be to have wod gearing but it gets equalized in solo queue or you need full pvp gear to be able to queue or whatever

2v2 only “popular” because its significantly easier and it let some people have some succes. A lots of top player plays it only for content/they dont give a f about 2s/easier to boost or carry in 2s/ 0 q in 3s. You can show your 2s exp to anyone in 3s but they will dont give a f. Because that one extra class / player in the games makes everything much harder.

Imagine that mess if every class would be a 1v1 god. Endless 2s and 3s ppl already hated bfa for damp games.

Anyway. Ppl want soloQ without choosing the classes / specs you want to play with or you could chose it?
With the first option it would be a rogue and hybrid class fiesta. Classes without perma stealth/stun and heal wouldn’t bother to Q (like Locks, warriors, dks, hunters) literally every game as a hybrid is like pressing some button and reset. And classes without self heal couldnt reset so they were in a huge disadvantage. Which means you could see only the same classes in every game and everyone would cry on the forum as now.
If you could pick your class you want to play with it would finally let healers to pick the most broken meta classes in the game without being ignored on LFG but every non meta spec would sit in Q for 30 min because noone would want to play with them. I mean who wants to play with a demo lock if you can chose to not play with them.

Ppl will play the class/spec that gives them the best chance to climb. So yes some have more viable comps to work with. But isnt that the case in all games that have a soloq?

An MMO will never be 100% balanced. It isn’t now. But it’s close enough. Just like it will be close enough to balanced when it comes to soloq.

You’re wrong. They are actually very comparable.

Just like the reaction from ppl like you are very comparable. In a year or two when soloq is succesfully implemented youll be dead silent.

it is not only easier to get into, but it also means less “chaos” and allows for more controlled games if you are not playing at skill cap.

I personally disliked the decision to “balance” around 3s.
No matter what is the reason, 2s is massively more popular than 3s even though it is widely more imbalanced due to their lack of paying attention to it for no apparent reason except being lazy as it shows imbalance much easier than 3s

generally their must be an option to tap a button saying “dbl dps” or “heal/dps”.
For 2 big reasons:

1. Some classes are just beyond garbage in dbl dps clown fiesta as they need to build dmg before unleashing but by the time they can unleash they are already dead
  2. many don’t like the super past paced games that dbl dps will be which generally allows for less mistakes and less reaction time.

The pitfall of this might be that there are not enough healers to play around with but it may be insta inv for healers and 5min queue for dps, so would need to find that out I guess.
It certainly will make r/m appear more as they will probably one of the only few classes that would play dbl dps.
On top you need to be careful that the queue pop thing cannot be abused to queue with your mate whenever you want. (A solution my be rating loss if not accepting the queue…)

implementing solo queue properly is not an easy feat and I am 100% confident if blizz tries they will make the experience miserable because they implement things without much testing and feedback (or just plain ignore any feedback) and generally lack so much in foresight

Wrong. Its more popular since its more accesable. Its easier to get 1 guy from LFG vs getting 2 guys.

Just like soloq will be more popular since you dont have to sit in LFG anymore.

Soloq is just soloq, its totally random. Id say 3v3 will be standard healer + 2 x dps tho. And in RBGs id change the format to 6v6 with 2 healers and 1 with tank offspec.

I wouldn’t mind a practice Field without too much pressure on winning. This practice Field should be the current skirmish with your idea of solo Q but you wouldn’t get or lose rating so ppl dont get fustrsted to lose games. The game should separate players based on their experience (max rating) in the latest 3 season. So if you reached 2.5 in bfa s3 you could play with 2.5 exp ppl. This would be the starting point and rating would increase and decrease as in rated pvp but it would be hidden for everyone. I agree with the option to chose between only double dps and dps/healer.

Edit: It would stick to char. Xp so you have easier time to practice a new class and it would give more honor and conquest as now so a fun way to gear alts.