SL Ele Proposed changes

Hi, here are some changes that I believe would improve the flow and feel to Ele in SL as right now, it feels clunky and the specc does not interact with itself.

Background-Right now on beta this is how the specc works.
Fulmination-stacks up to 8, increasing Earthshocks(ES) damage, generated by Lightning bolt (LB) and LB overcharge.
Earthshock requires fulmination to spend.

Seismic Thunder-stacks upto 5 times reducing Earthquake(EQ) by 20% per stack and increasing its damage*

Side note Right now the stacks are generated per cast of chain lightning(CL) or
overload CL meaning it can take 5! casts of CL to get an instant EQ.

Lava burst(LvB)- does damage, no interaction with EQ or ES.

This leaves us with a problem of if we want to use ES we can only use LB to get fulmination stacks.
If we want to use EQ, we can only use chain lightning to get stacks of seismic thunder.
Lavaburst does nothing to help with fulmination or seismic thunder stacks.

Proposed changes.
Remove Seismic thunder, have fulmination be used for both EQ and ES
This will help with the spec being able to interact with itself, if we want use EQ on two target, it can be while using LB. If theres a big pack of mobs but one mob needs priority, we can still CL and use ES for the priority target.

Fulmination stacks to 10, both ES and EQ require a maximum of 5 to use.
I believe this will help with the rotation feel of ele but also being able to “bank” a few stacks would be great especially if we get an overload proc on our 5th cast it would not be wasted with no generation.
Lava Burst grants Fulmination stacks. This is an absolute must in my opinion, right now, it does not feel good to be using LvB and it not have any contribution to ES at all.

Lastly, Flame Shock, being on a 6 second cd feels awful for cleave fights.
i suggest removing the cd, keeping on gcd, but reducing the overtime effect from 18 seconds to 12, this is to not make flame shock stacking ridiculous and keep it inline with what it is now.

ele has a similar problem in bfa though…

Only thing lava burst does in aoe is generate some MS for earth quake.

EQ is just generally a terrible ability and not suitable at all for high pace gaming like m+.
In SL earthquake will be even more punishing because you will cast less quakes than in bfa.

the aoe ramp up time will kill ele off in m+ similar to shadowpriests…

its clear what the problems are, It suffers too many boring mechanics like…

lots of “this spell is free” instant or this spell shoots twice or is faster or deals more If X like mechanics.
too much rng/procs.
too much ramp up.

delete all these self buff daamge stacking things.

make earthquake free and on a short cooldown, AOE needs ot be ON DEMAND

earth shock feels like its another lavaburst for the sake of having an earth spell in rotation, it could probably be deleted, same with frostshock why is it needed when baseline aoe snare totem ?

lava burst could be the new place of earthshock, so you laydown the fire dot, filler with lightning, and lava to dump power or on free instant cast proc too like it does already.

then you could pick up icefury (which could be named frost shock and deal damage) or elemental blast if you wanted more skills in rotation.

all those bonus 20% 150% 200% damage if activated etc could just be baked into the skills scaling baseline to reduce rng damage based on proc reliance

could maybe use tweaking but whatever just my thoughts from playing ele it to 110

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.