Slower pace at leveling a character

Hello.
I would like to know, is there a way to level up a character with a slower pace? I am a returning player and hoped to just enjoy the game questing and mayby some dungeons , but i got to be 75 lvl so fast…
Thank you

Welcome back!

There are several ways to speed up the levelling by increasing the XP you get, but no way to slow it down by decreasing the XP. I’ve often said that they should make such an item for those who want it - probably not that many people, but still, it wouldn’t be a lot of work.

However, there is another way, maybe not as convenient, but very controllable.

You can turn off your XP gains altogether, and turn them back on when you’re ready. There are a couple of ways you could use this.

• You could lock your XP at 75, do a bunch of stuff, unlock it and get to 76 when you’re ready, lock it again, and do on.
  • You could carry on and get to 80, or 79 with almost enough XP to hit 80, and then lock it while you explore whatever you want in Outland and Northrend.

Locking your XP costs 10 gold, and unlocking it costs the same.

To lock or unlock your XP, go to Stormwind Keep, walk up to the King, turn into the room on your right, and behind the big War Table there is a rogue in stealth, Behsten, the Experience Eliminator. Talk to him.

2 Likes

I think they just could use those Heirlooms for ppl who whanted to lvl up faster and those without just a normal way, seems simpler to me :slight_smile:

I really wanted to stay in WOTLK and enjoy everything there. I think this will do the trick :slight_smile: :star_struck:
Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have any answer for your quesiton (apart from locking the XP), but how long did it take for you to get to 75?

Yes already locked on lvl 80.
Not sure didnt count, but REAL quick (only from questing) and everything is so easy , was gaining exp even from herbalism like 1.200 for one pick lol. Anyways…
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.