So, 9.1 release date has been announced

Well, the release date for 9.1 — the patch that has been boasting about its brand new PvP talents and class changes — has just dropped. June 30th for EU.

This has got me really really worried about the state of WW. Multiple classes had already got brand new and FUN PvP talents to play around with, and ferals actually got mortal strike. On the contrary, WW’s talents are still an absolute joke.

The new Perpetual Paralysis thingie is completely useless, as it makes the already short range on incap even worse. The spread part just sounds horrendous, as it has been mentioned already — putting multiple people on incap DR and also removing all the dots off them is just… weird to consider even.

Wind Waker got a pretty cool change, however it’s currently bugged (?) on the PTR. It doesn’t work, neither on the monk or their allies. And besides, the wording of it is extremely poor. ‘Movement impairing effects are removed at 3 stacks’ — what does that even mean? That you become immune to the effects at three stacks, that the stacks are consumed? Do they have a duration?
And besides, why did the talent suddenly stop affecting the monk? Just a week ago I checked and it was doing a good job boosting my movement speed by 30% (which, by the way, felt extremely fitting for a class that’s supposed to be nimble and quick, but whatever).

Apart from that, though, where’s the rest? Pressure Points is still utterly useless, the Disable one is too mediocre to even be considered reasonably fit for a talent slot. Ride the Wind is very very situational, so much so that it rarely sees play. And, oh god, TEB is still very weak.

I just don’t get it, where’s the biiiig changes? Maybe they’re to come in those following 2 weeks, but I’m just kind of scared. I fear that my class might be overlooked, that it may be abandoned even. The newly proposed stuff is mediocre at best, and the completely useless stuff that’s been there for ages just makes no sense to be left the way it is.

There are so many things I’d do, to be honest. I’d make Disarm baseline, I’d make Alpha Tiger give the good old armor penetration, I’d make propose some cool ideas, or at least advocate for the removal of the blatantly useless stuff.

I’m still hoping that things are subject to change. When 9.1 was thought to release in August, I was feeling better about it, but right now I feel like WW is a wasteland. Literally the only thing keeping it afloat is the flowy design, the great aesthetics, and mortal strike. And all three of these have been there since MoP.

I don’t really do hardcore PvP, I don’t like tryharding with a hot forehead, but I care about my class and the way it’s treated.

I feel cornered, I feel scared and forgotten, and the monk forums is the only salvation I have left in my mind.

1 Like

Blizzard 2021 is all about metrics and the metrics say we’re the least played class in WoW, so why should the devs bother with monks when they could spend that time justifying conduit energy instead?

Also, why the HELL are we losing Tiger and Crane Figurines in Torghast? WTF.

1 Like

PvE ww monks survived ptr without ANY changes haha. I feel a bit frustrated but at least dps is ok

We aren’t. There are 12 dps specs with lower counts of parses than us on live servers. (wowlogs)

But I do agree with the general concern of this thread, which is that WW barely gets touched by blizz. We are seriously over-due for a rework, especially our talents.

Did I miss the point where people stopped rolling WW for PvP because it was devastatingly good?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.